Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jed Steer...well done

Was great for us this season...laid solid foundations which we are now reaping the benefits of, gutted when he had to go back.

Pleased for him he deserves his success at Villa tonight

Comments

• Apparently has been facing 100 penalties a day, take note Dills!
  • Apart from coming for the bouncing ball, missing it and watching it skid past the post. A few other scary moments. In Dillon we trust!
  • Hope Dills got some penalty lessons from him. Just in case.
  • Hope Dills got some penalty lessons from him. Just in case.
    Dillon did just fine saving the pen v Argyle.

• Apart from the pens I thought he was poor.
  • iainment said:
    Apart from the pens I thought he was poor.
    Agree, was very lucky as almost gifted WBA a goal.
  • Jed Steer did very well for us but I am delighted that, after two and a half seasons of loanees (albeit very good loanees), we finally have our own young goalie between the sticks - and an exceptionally good one at that.

i only saw a few snatches of WBA v Villa tonight after the game was over. Very pleased for Jed with his penalty saves but I noticed that his famed distribution nearly presented Villa with a goal at one point. Just goes to show that we’re all capable of the odd miss kick.
  • Didn’t see the penalties but in the rest of the game he was pretty awful.
  • Good keeper
  • 100 penalties a day won't have helped him as much as the takers. Well done Jed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jed Steer was very good for CAFC bar Scunthorpe away when the whole defence went AWOL and his last home game when his kicking went awry.

Both Steer and Amos were good keepers for Charlton, but Phillips has come of age and has grabbed the number one spot with both hands.

• Crusty54 said:
    Credit to Andy Marshall for improving all the keepers he works with. 
    Creidt to whoever hired Marshall as well (Bowyer?)
  • I agree....Marshall has made an excellent difference.  Dillon wasnt ready at the beginning and no doubt he has learned a lot from Andy & Jed and now he is ready and will only improve the more he plays. COYR
  • I think GK coaches sometimes just click with certain keepers. A year ago it was all woe here, as Amos left and went to Millwall, to be followed by our GK coach
  • Does Jed now get 2 play off winners medals?
    Yes. I believe so.
  • Jed who? 
  • Jed who? 
    STEER
  • edited May 2019
    Bothered 
    TWSIT AND SHOUT
  • Sponsored links:

• You know the tune:

"Steer it up, little darlin' ..... "

• Well done Jed
  • A bit weird how squad (and former squad) members get a medal for what is basically a one off cup game. If we had finished second in the division, would the players get runners up medals?
  • Great quiz question
  • Tell me about our GK coach. If it’s the same one we’ve had for several years, then he seems to be talented given how well keepers progress for us. Is he out of contract right now as well? Hope not!
  • A bit weird how squad (and former squad) members get a medal for what is basically a one off cup game. If we had finished second in the division, would the players get runners up medals?
    More like an extension of the league fixtures surely ? 
    I do believe it depends on how many League matches played, to qualify for a medal.

I believe as Jed Steer played 20 times for Charlton this season, he easily qualifies.

Incidently, anybody know offhand the exact number of appearances needed before getting a medal?
  • Tell me about our GK coach. If it’s the same one we’ve had for several years, then he seems to be talented given how well keepers progress for us. Is he out of contract right now as well? Hope not!
    Andy Marshall, been with us for a year or so. I assume he's out of contract as well