Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Dylan - Happy Birthday!

The old croaker turns 78 today.

May he stay forever young!

Comments

• Happy birthday Bob
  • Let's hope the times they are a changing soon and Roland departs. 
    Happy birthday Bob 
  • Happy birthday, Bobby - legend and genius.
  • Happy birthday great man.
  • edited May 2019
    What an icon he was back in the day.
    Never a great singer....but that was hardly the point and it didn’t matter one little bit.
    His song writing and lyrics were sensational and the voice, whilst it must be said was very average, was strangely acceptable and seemed to wrap itself hauntingly around his unique style and persona like no other artist of that era.
    Happy Birthday old fella!
  • Did did he blow the candles out on his cake?

The answer is blowing in the wind.
  • Unique part of musical history, happy birthday 
  • I put 'Times they are a changin' on in the car and my son laughed and said, this is awful dad. I was dumbstruck. I told him to listen to the lyrics and try to feel what it was like in the times the song was sung with the Vietnam war and the peace movement. Waste of time, he still thought it was rubbish! To me, it captured a period in time better than any other song before it.

In a commercial sense, the song also contributes to one of the greatest opening title sequences in the Watchmen movie. Genius - simple as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
  • I put 'Times they are a changin' on in the car and my son laughed and said, this is awful dad. I was dumbstruck. I told him to listen to the lyrics and try to feel what it was like in the times the song was sung with the Vietnam war and the peace movement. Waste of time, he still thought it was rubbish! To me, it captured a period in time better than any other song before it.

In a commercial sense, the song also contributes to one of the greatest opening title sequences in the Watchmen movie. Genius - simple as that.

He was very much a “you had to be there at the time” artist......he was very much a man of the moment.
  • Happy Birthday Bob
  • Sponsored links:

• Art is the perpetual motion of illusion. The highest purpose of art is to inspire. What else can you do? What else can you do for any one but inspire them?" Happy 78th birthday to one of music's boldest and and most brilliant visionaries, Bob Dylan!

He was very much a “you had to be there at the time” artist......he was very much a man of the moment.
    He had quite a few “ man of the moment “ moments, though. Blood on the tracks was a brilliant album a dozen years after “ Times, they are a changin “.
  • Mametz said:
    I put 'Times they are a changin' on in the car and my son laughed and said, this is awful dad. I was dumbstruck. I told him to listen to the lyrics and try to feel what it was like in the times the song was sung with the Vietnam war and the peace movement. Waste of time, he still thought it was rubbish! To me, it captured a period in time better than any other song before it.

He had quite a few “ man of the moment “ moments, though. Blood on the tracks was a brilliant album a dozen years after “ Times, they are a changin “.
    I am always amazed and pleased to see how many young people there are at Bob's concerts nowadays - they obviously think he's a legend and respond to his music as much as us old gits did back in the day. In fact many of them like what he's doing now more than what he did back then - they're nuts, of course, but it's good that they think of him as relevant to them.
  • Nadou said:
    Mametz said:
    I put 'Times they are a changin' on in the car and my son laughed and said, this is awful dad. I was dumbstruck. I told him to listen to the lyrics and try to feel what it was like in the times the song was sung with the Vietnam war and the peace movement. Waste of time, he still thought it was rubbish! To me, it captured a period in time better than any other song before it.

I am always amazed and pleased to see how many young people there are at Bob's concerts nowadays - they obviously think he's a legend and respond to his music as much as us old gits did back in the day. In fact many of them like what he's doing now more than what he did back then - they're nuts, of course, but it's good that they think of him as relevant to them.
    Spot on. My youngest (now 28) when he was 10 or so said 'I like Bob Dylan' - I asked him why and he said 'he tells stories that mean something'. Yes what a great storyteller he is.

Danny still loves him and will be with me, his mum and his brother in Hyde Park on 12 July :)
  • See you on 12th July Bob along with my hero Neil Young....
  • HandG said:
    See you on 12th July Bob along with my hero Neil Young....
    He's another one of my heroes too.