Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

🎵Oh What a Night🎵

Oh what a night,

Darren Pratley made the place erupt, 

Went to pens and John Marquis fucked up,

Off to Wembley what a night!

Comments

• Oh what a night
    Watching Charlton on a Friday night
    Early goal and nearly outa sight
    I remember what a night
  • Oh what a night
    Watching Charlton on a Friday night
    Turns out Donny had a lot of fight
    I remember what a night
  • Oh what a night,

Darren Pratley made the place erupt, 

Went to pens and John Marquis it fucked up,

Off to Wembley Oh what a night!

9/10 Some minor changes to your homework assignment Master AFKA
  • Absolute belter.

I'll start practicing this tonight 
  • Fact of the day, 'December 1963, (Oh, what a night)' was originally called '5th December' by its writer Bob Guadio. Rumours that it was about Back to The Valley are a little stretched though.

• Has last night actually sunk in for anyone yet?

Not 24-hours on and I've booked tickets for Wembley yet havent come down from cloud nine

Still playing various parts of that emotional evening in my head

One of the greatest matches at the Valley I've been to where Charlton have played shite and partly beaten!!!
  • Oh what a night
    Watching Charlton on a Friday Night
    Can't watch Millwall cos there'e fucking shite
    Oh what a night

• Sponsored links:

• Good luck in the final!

Maybe another classic for us neutrals? 

Although you probably couldn't take another shoot out after last night!

What are the prices like - presumably a bit cheaper than the £70/£145 ones for the Cup final! 
    £30 - £80

Would take a delightful 1-0 win!!
  • Good luck in the final!

Maybe another classic for us neutrals? 

Although you probably couldn't take another shoot out after last night!

What are the prices like - presumably a bit cheaper than the £70/£145 ones for the Cup final! 
    You hum  it, I’ll,sing it!
  • Oh what a night
    Lee Bowyers eleven men
    Won on pens at the Covered End
    I remember what a night 
  • Let’s take pens and more sickness , it’s what the play offs are all about St Andrews 1987 , Wembley 1998 , Wembley 2019  .....sick , sicker and hopefully the sickest of the lot ! 
  • Being a Charlton fan is simply loads of ups and downs, always has been, and no doubt always will be, but last night seemed to sum up the last 25 years and rolled it all into one evening, I went through just about every emotion more than once,

The build up to the game I remained really positive, not lost at home since October, on a really good run, no way we would lose the second leg. But then I was having my picture taken pitch side before the game and I started to feel really nervous.

2nd minute total jubilation that should have settled the nerves and did until 9 minutes later when Doncaster got one back, you can see the players looked a bit panic'd.......

Then the close shaves, the penalty that never happened, they were the side that looked most like scoring but we were hanging on resolutely, 2 minutes and we're going to Wembley.

Until the 88th minute when victory was snatched and the rug pulled from under us. Felt like a loss at that point, the heads were down.

Into extra time, and yet another low when 10 minutes in we gift them what was looking like the win, Marquis of all people unmarked, open goal, how had it come to this? The defence was all at sea.

But then within a minute Pratley of all people toe pokes in a goal that we for the previous hour+ hadn't looked like getting.

So penalties, even then when we had one to take the win we prolonged the agony and relied on them missing their next one, which they did.

Coming home I was so excited, but so drained, yet couldn't sleep ( i normally take 30 seconds to nod off).

Other than 5th December 1992 I don't think there is a game at the Valley I will remember more until the day I leave this place. "Oh What a Night"