Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Trousers

edited May 2019 in Not Sports Related
What's that all about then? I mean why? Are these people being dressed by their blind mothers?

http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com/?m=1

Comments

• I had a pair of red trousers. But it was in the 1970s. Loons, purchased from I Was Lord Kitchener's Valet in Carnaby Street. Tight fitting with front pockets and massive flares. I don't think I'd be able to pull them above my knees these days.
  • I remember a fetching pair of claret crushed corduroy flairs which deflected any female interest in me for most of my early adolescence.
  • Seen that page before - brilliant the one outside farlowes is the best 
  • I remember a fetching pair of claret crushed corduroy flairs which deflected any female interest in me for most of my early adolescence.

Sounds familiar but I haven’t got the cords as an excuse 
  • Got a lovelly pair of pink strides
  • There is nothing wrong with red trousers!
  • @T_C_E will be along in a minute.

@bobmunro prefer some mustard coloured chords myself. With a pink shirt.
  • edited May 2019
    Didn’t this happen a few years ago? People started wearing chinos in all different colours and red was a popular choice. Luckily it stopped as quickly as it started though.
  • McBobbin said:
    @T_C_E will be along in a minute.

I'm with you on that one - I've got pretty much every shade of cords from Cordings! But I prefer a Tattersall check shirt rather than pink, and brown brogues to finish the look! Who would have thought it from a sarrf London boy!

Tally Ho - what what!
  • Sponsored links:

• I try not to make snap judgments of people but am prepared to make an exception for men in red trousers.

Here is the John Finnemore song (he of ‘Cabin Pressure’ fame). We saw him perform it last year in his show at Richmond Theatre, where he made everyone in the audience with red trousers (of which there were not a few) stand up - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5pZS4jdI-o 

It has a special resonance for me, given the unconscionably high toff count in Richmond and Twickenham on rugby days.
  • I'll be wearing brown trousers tomorrow.
    I like it, preemptive, unless you mean brown at the end but another colour to start! 
  • I think they are cool on the right person. If I was posh I would proper toff it up with lairy strides check shirts, waist coats, tweed, bowtie and bowler hat and pinkie signet ring. All set off by a large mahogany- handled brolly to cattle prod the masses as first class and peasant class converge  at the train doors during the morning commute.

Proper posh older  bloke on my train dresses to the nines like this and looks the business.

It works  if you're of a certain ilk and vintage  but can look divvy if you're not and a very thin line between "casual city gent" look  and "Dulwich Hamlet fan on dress down Friday".
    Bet he gets a f***in seat
  • I feel nothing but sympathy for those without the confidence to dress up and stand out when they feel like it. Even though sometimes you end up looking a dick if you clash certain patterns/colours.
  • edited May 2019
    I think they are cool on the right person. If I was posh I would proper toff it up with lairy strides check shirts, waist coats, tweed, bowtie and bowler hat and pinkie signet ring. All set off by a large mahogany- handled brolly to cattle prod the masses as first class and peasant class converge  at the train doors during the morning commute.

Proper posh older  bloke on my train dresses to the nines like this and looks the business.

It works  if you're of a certain ilk and vintage  but can look divvy if you're not and a very thin line between "casual city gent" look  and "Dulwich Hamlet fan on dress down Friday".
    In the interests of full transparency and disclosure to you all I have to say that I bumped into Rodney at London Bridge the other day - or rather he prodded me with his mahogany handled brolly as I walked past the First Class lounge - and he’s actually describing himself. Dulwich Hamlet.

• Off_it said:
    I think they are cool on the right person. If I was posh I would proper toff it up with lairy strides check shirts, waist coats, tweed, bowtie and bowler hat and pinkie signet ring. All set off by a large mahogany- handled brolly to cattle prod the masses as first class and peasant class converge  at the train doors during the morning commute.

In the interests of full transparency and disclosure to you all I have to say that I bumped into Rodney at London Bridge the other day - or rather he prodded me with his mahogany handled brolly as I walked past the First Class lounge - and he’s actually describing himself. Dulwich Hamlet.

Ha! Sent you a pm the other day mate re LinkedIn 
  • Bought my pink trousers, along with a pastel blue pair, a few years ago to wear to my brothers wedding,  but bottled it last minute and opted for a beige pair. Paid a bit of money for them, so wanted to get the use, but didn't feel right so they sat in the wardrobe for the following couple of years. 3 / 4 years ago though, i had another go and gotta say I love em. Because I need to keep as much of my skin covered as possible through the summer, the light "chino" type trouser are ideal, instead of shorts, so now I've got em in all wiered and wonderful colours 
  • edited May 2019
    bobmunro said:
    McBobbin said:
    @T_C_E will be along in a minute.

I'm with you on that one - I've got pretty much every shade of cords from Cordings! But I prefer a Tattersall check shirt rather than pink, and brown brogues to finish the look! Who would have thought it from a sarrf London boy!

Tally Ho - what what!
    I knew I'd seen you before

• Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

Thought they banned flares from sporting areni?

😜
  • I tend to wear bright colours, they go well with my dark complexion.  So I've got red, green, purple and pink trousers, and shirts, t-shirts and polo shirts in most colours.
  • living where I do red, pink, yellow trousers (not all at once) are an essential Friday night pub attire.
  • living where I do red, pink, yellow trousers (not all at once) are an essential Friday night pub attire.
    Balamory?
  • ..oh, that's houses not trousers
    Balamory?

Give Miss Hoolie one for me
  • I have a pair of red chinos.  I often wear them when attending the polo with my chum Tarquin. 
    I've noticed that when in Dorset.
    No one has any dress sense.
  • Red trousers are only for people who have made it in life

Same as a ring on your pinkie finger