Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What does the sell-out tell us about our club?

This is CAST's take on the phenomenal attendance for tomorrow's game:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/05/what-does-the-sell-out-tell-us-about-our-club/

Comments

• There has been..........an awakening.
  • perhaps he's realised any success with us is in spite of his ownership.. :smile:
  • It says that there is a jolly interesting football match going on and would it not be spiffing to attend?
  • I think it's a perfect storm really - likeable management / players, great form going in to the play offs, winning the 1st leg, decent weather, Friday night social, good chance of winning.

Genuinely can't remember a time (even in the PL) where so many non Charlton supporting people have been on me to get them a ticket.

• Charlton Athletic - the best-kept secret in the EFL.

But not any more ....

• Sponsored links:

• Excellent statement. Totally agree. 
  • The message that a crowd this size sends out to any potential new owners is that if they buy Charlton and show a bit of ambition then we have plenty of supporters to get behind the team and help us to go on to bigger and better things. 
    If we're winning 
  • It will show to anyone looking at buying the club that we can sell out the ground. It shows that given the right circumstances, we will be there in large numbers.
  • It will attract potential investors that's for sure...
  • Great great statement by CAST,making me even more excited/anxious/nervous bout tom nite...but they missed Blackpools mantra at the end...

& F@"k Off
  • Sponsored links:

• GHF 'really came out of nowhere', I like that, and get what you mean.
    All sort of mystic too, like the mist rolling in from the Thames.
  • Quite a few bandwagoners I personally know 3 arsenal fans attending which does piss me off a little 
  • LTKapal said:
    That we have a lot more glory fans than previously , our bandwagon is catching up with the scum
    I didn't realise there was such thing as a league one glory supporter
    well they don't come all season to the run of the mill league one fixtures and then when a big league one play off game comes along with Wembley close by they turn up , voila 
    I can understand casuals and non supporters wanting a day out at Wembley, but not a home match against Doncaster though
    A Friday so a chance for a beer up easy to get tickets etc
  • Quite a few bandwagoners I personally know 3 arsenal fans attending which does piss me off a little 
    Why would Arsenal fans even be interested in this game?!
  • Sleeping giant.
    I really don't get this - why?
    Presumably had to jump through hoops to get tickets and the game is already on TV.
    What are they getting out of this?
    Tossers (no offence to you intended)
  • Scouting Joe Aribo for their YouTube channels...