Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking Friday.

Always get train then bus from North Greenwich but olly Murs is in at the 02 so will be a nightmare, where’s best place to park, I can get there afternoon then go into city first so any suggestions would be great

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Park down the roads around Charlton House (Hornfair Road | Canberra Road | Meridian Road those sort of roads if you look them up on Google Maps)

Its a short walk down the hill to Charlton Station if your travelling into the City but can be a bugger of a walk back to the car after the game but very few parking restrictions around there
  • Are any of the retail parks ok to park in? Or are they all 2 hours or less?
  • Thanks for info, tempting to just train it to London Bridge after game but we shall see 
  • When you say bugger of a walk, is that because of crowds etc?
  • Park the Greenwich side of the Blackwall Tunnel approach flyover where there are no restrictions.

Walk to the ground is 15 minutes. Walk to the River Ale house is no minutes which may extend the amount of time it takes you to get to the ground 😁
    It's a 10 min walk uphill.
  • I think you may be able to park over in Topps tiles
    Not really... Its more the fact that walking up the hll can be a bit of a bugger as can be tiring
  • Have to admit I say tiring but then I sometimes wonder if thats because I'm the twat running up it after a game rather than strolling
  • Sponsored links:

• Parking restrictions (single yellows) are lifted from 6.30pm, so might help if all the good time Charlie's arrive after that letting us proper supporters park first.... :wink:
  • So parking around charlton house shouldn’t be a problem then? 
  • So parking around charlton house shouldn’t be a problem then? 
    Shouldnt be if you get there early enough

Reckon it'll become difficult if trying to park around there less than an hour before kick-off

Certainly very few parking restrictions around those roads
  • Will get there about 1 then train into London for a bit
  • how the hell can Olly Murs have enough of a following to be at the O2?!
  • I don’t know but it’s scuppered my travel plans 😂
  • Is there parking at the storage place still for a fiver still going?? Or on the ind estates??
    Haven't driven to a game for years but heaven forbid it goes to extra time or penalties will be no trains back to deep darkest kent
  • Is there parking at the storage place still for a fiver still going?? Or on the ind estates??
    Haven't driven to a game for years but heaven forbid it goes to extra time or penalties will be no trains back to deep darkest kent
    That place wasn't there last time I came which was the play offs last year 
  • The only problem with Murs at the O2 might be going home. I’ve never had a problem when matches have clashed with gigs at the O2. Getting off the bus, you don’t get caught up in the crowd control which comes from the other direction out of the arena. And if I did I’d just go across the water on the cable car and pick up DLR from there. 
  • Good shout, thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Wife is going to see Olly Murs with one of her friends. I have to drop them off and pick them up after the game. Couldn't get out of it when she realised when our game was! The only problem is they want to get there early and have a few drinks. Might help in terms of me finding a parking place though, but what am I and my son going to do for a few hours? I can't drink as I'm driving. Looked at film times and none of them seem to work except for Detective Pikachu and I'm not watching that! or am I? Might be an opportunity to have a kip!
  • Wife is going to see Olly Murs with one of her friends. I have to drop them off and pick them up after the game. Couldn't get out of it when she realised when our game was! The only problem is they want to get there early and have a few drinks. Might help in terms of me finding a parking place though, but what am I and my son going to do for a few hours? I can't drink as I'm driving. Looked at film times and none of them seem to work except for Detective Pikachu and I'm not watching that! or am I? Might be an opportunity to have a kip!
    They've got bowling down the 02 if that's your thing.
  • ASDA.
  • If a space is permit holders only til 6.30pm or 2 hours no return, does that mean you can park at 4.30pm, so that when your 2 hours is up it's no longer an issue?
  • Uboat said:
    If a space is permit holders only til 6.30pm or 2 hours no return, does that mean you can park at 4.30pm, so that when your 2 hours is up it's no longer an issue?
    I would say so, but I'm no expert.
  • Uboat said:
    If a space is permit holders only til 6.30pm or 2 hours no return, does that mean you can park at 4.30pm, so that when your 2 hours is up it's no longer an issue?
    I would say so, but I'm no expert.
    I'll give out a go and if it ends up in court I might ask you to attend. 
  • I’ve parked on hornfield road but I also have the luxury of getting here early due to day off, not sure will be as easy nearer kick off 
  • I’ve parked on hornfield road but I also have the luxury of getting here early due to day off, not sure will be as easy nearer kick off 
    Hornfair Road.
    You’re going to miss all those hot women coming out of the O2 later. 😉
  • I’m in Covent Garden killing time, rather a move few around here