Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Please can we put the Roland issue to one side for now?

The last 2 statements from Roland have been pathetic and it's nothing new but I'm very surprised of the timing considering we're doing so well and that is thanks to the management team, the players and the scouting team. That's why I believe we should temporary ignore Roland and concentrate on carrying supporting Bowyer and the lads as they really deserve it and I do not think any negative chanting and protesting will do them any favours.

I'm not one of these Roland apologists..far from it as I back what CARD and any other protest groups are doing but let's show prospective new owners the passion us supporters show in our beloved club. Hopefully..promotion = more attractive to new owners.

COYR!!!!!

Comments

• It depends what you mean by 'put the Roland issue to one side.'
  • No we can’t 
  • Then why start another thread about it?
    Because I've read quotes from a few supporters suggesting 'a oppotunity to protest with television coverage and a packed Valley'

I understand the incentive but now is not the right time.

• During the games I agree. But if we do get through and there’s a pitch invasion, Roland Out should be one of the first things sung. That way we can turn it into a bit of a protest, with all the Sky cameras watching it will get us a bit more publicity 
    Fair point..not during or before the game as you rightly said.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t agree. Yes support the team but why not a few ‘we want Roland out’? Let’s not forget that we had an excellent record in protest games.
    Of course but not too much
  • I'm not saying no occassional 'we want Roland out' we sang a couple of them at Doncaster.

All I'm suggesting is not use the anti-Roland as the main focus on Friday.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Then why start another thread about it?
    Because I've read quotes from a few supporters suggesting 'a oppotunity to protest with television coverage and a packed Valley'

You know what, out of most on here I have been fully in agreement. I have publicly stated we should support the team during the play offs, enjoy them and almost forget who is in charge. 

But after making the play offs, Roland congratulated Wilder. On the eve of a huge second leg, he comes out and makes his statement today. That makes it difficult because it reminds us exactly what we are dealing with. Not only does he show his lack of football knowledge, he shows pure stupidity and complete disregard for us all. 

For the record, I would be disappointed if any protest songs were heard in 48 hours time. 
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Then why start another thread about it?

You know what, out of most on here I have been fully in agreement. I have publicly stated we should support the team during the play offs, enjoy them and almost forget who is in charge. 

But after making the play offs, Roland congratulated Wilder. On the eve of a huge second leg, he comes out and makes his statement today. That makes it difficult because it reminds us exactly what we are dealing with. Not only does he show his lack of football knowledge, he shows pure stupidity and complete disregard for us all. 

For the record, I would be disappointed if any protest songs were heard in 48 hours time. 
    I agree the guy is a lunatic.

• Coyr absolutely but never ever forget in the important background Roland get the fk out of our club
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    I'm not saying no occassional 'we want Roland out' we sang a couple of them at Doncaster.

No, that's not what you said at all.
  • We don't need to. The connection with manager and team has never been stronger. We don't have to put our feelings about Roland aside as slagging that senile plank off has no effect on our support for the team and Bowyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• DiscoCAFC said:
    I'm not saying no occassional 'we want Roland out' we sang a couple of them at Doncaster.

Then you're taking my context to the extreme and too literate
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

Then you're taking my context to the extreme and too literate
    Funnily enough, yeah I'm taking what you said as what you said before you backtracked.

Just let fans chant what they want about Roland when they want to, it won't alter the result either way.

The game will be won on the pitch, not in the stands, as Leeds showed tonight.
  • edited May 2019
    Personally I feel we should just all forget about Roland until the season is over one way or another.

Remember how The Valley was against Ipswich in 98 we have a rare chance on our hands to create a similar atmosphere, do we really want to look back in 21 years time when Roland's long gone and remember singing songs about a bloke who doesn't give a toss about the club? I'm sure the memories would be a lot better if Roland isn't mentioned at all.

Don't get me wrong if we lose and go out at The Valley or at Wembley then all bets are off and let the chants happen. No it's not about results it's about giving Bowyer and the boys our full support to help get us back to The Championship against all odds. Friday night is all about us, our club Charlton, and Roland is not Charlton, just ignore him - for now.
  • Roland needs to do one, no doubt we want him out but I’ll be putting more effort into positive team based chanting and clapping and hopefully enjoying the Valley being full on Friday. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    This last few weeks should have been all about "f you" look what we have done DESPITE you.  Look at what you could have with some investment.  This is the best advert for a new buyer we could ever have. 
    I think you are pretty much spot on, apart from the investment bit. He has pumped a hell of a lot in but wasted most of it. Very seldom has an owner spent so much to achieve so little while taking a club apart from top to bottom. 
    I, like you, want  to show the owner how we feel about our club, what he could have been part of. It’s not like we were anti Belgium from day one despite what Standard fans were warning of. 
    When we are out of sight in the 85 minute and Doncaster all but making the numbers up I think a minute or two of anti Roland songs is acceptable as long as we get back to supporting the team straight after.
    Which ever way this season ends for us we would do well to remember the club is in for a very difficult summer and who knows what next season.