Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"What could possibly go wrong now"

edited May 2019 in General Charlton
As the infamous spanner Danny Baker used to say on his Saturday morning show,

Charlton have:

A one goal lead.
A Full house.
We have the better side.
Bowyer and Jackson in tandem.
The Form team.
Charlton fans with confidence.
Charlton players with confidence.
21 years since the Mendonca Final.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Comments

• The last time a went to a game on my Birthday was the Swindon semi, so anything could go wrong.
  • The last time a went to a game on my Birthday was the Swindon semi, so anything could go wrong.
    I bet you enjoy a nice semi?
  • The curse of Duchatelet !
  • Don't..........
  • Taylor gets sent off within the first 10 mins

Parker's hammy's go

We have no other striker on the bench

All the boycotters & hangers-on are constantly up & down, back & forth to the loo/bar/fag break that us regulars miss any meaningful action

Takes 3 hours to get home afterwards due to sheer weight of traffic

We lose  2-0.

• edited May 2019
    The last time a went to a game on my Birthday was the Swindon semi, so anything could go wrong.
    Ok,
    Other than having a one goal lead and the opposition are down to 10 men,

What could possibly go wrong now.
  • edited May 2019
    The last time a went to a game on my Birthday was the Swindon semi, so anything could go wrong.
    I went to the league cup 2nd round 2nd leg game against Swindon on my 30th birthday. 3-1 lead from the away leg. What could possibly go wrong...  
  • Sarrinho gets sent off early doors for pulling down his man on the edge of the box, Donny score from the resulting free kick.

Doncaster's dominance results in the large home crowd turning on the team early in the second half and , with the wind in their sails, Donny go on to win the tie comfortably.

With promotion out of the window all contract offers for Bowyer and his staff are withdrawn.

Graham Potter eventually leaves Swansea for Brighton with Bowyer and his team taking over in south Wales.

@CharltonLad88 Mrs finds his advise thread on his phone and bins him off and takes some Belgian bloke to the wedding  
    Steve Parish walks on at the end of our 3-0 defeat, hands Aribo a Contract who signs there and then holding a Palace shirt
  • Sponsored links:

• Danny Baker actually said “Nothing can go wrong now” - quite ironic really .
  • Yes, disappointment, but punctuated with brief, all too brief, interludes of joy. Maybe, this is one of those and we should enjoy it for what it is!
  • edited May 2019
    I think the main worry is its Charlton Athletic. 
    Whens your birthday?
  • _MrDick said:
    This is Charlton we’re talking about. Everything can go wrong. We’re destined to a lifetime of disappointment, in case you hadn’t noticed 
    _MrDick said:
    This is Charlton we’re talking about. Everything can go wrong. We’re destined to a lifetime of disappointment, in case you hadn’t noticed 
    Profound AND sage words MrD...

How anyone who has supported this football club for any length of time can be anything other than "worried" is beyond my comprehension.
    And I couldn't agree more,
    That is why there are a myriad of reasons.

That why the players have to stay in the bubble of optimism but knowing they have to do it on the night. 
    The supporters will go from belief to despair and hopefully back to belief.

Had to Laugh when some fans were disappointed we didn't have a 3 goal lead !
    Since when have we been Man City ?
  • Sarr does the Cruyff turn in our own area after 5 minutes with two forwards near by.
  • Marquis remembers his Millwall days.
  • edited May 2019
    The Douchebag sacks Bowyer at H/T.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to agree with most of the comments on here. Sounds like many have been through the wringer over the years. Crumbs of comfort: we are playing very well and the confidence throughout the SQUAD is there for all to see; LB and JJ will allow no sense of overconfidence to creep in. But this is football and games can change in a heartbeat. Score early and we should be OK. We are a better team than them and have quality players throughout. Nevertheless I will be bricking it on the night!
  • Knowing that we are a much better team than them helps. That isn't meant as a put down to them, it is just that we have better players without any doubt. That doesn't mean you always win, but I can't see them coming to the Valley and outplaying us or even trying to. Man Utd played a better team in PSG and beat them. Their tactic was to still be in the game with 20 minutes to go and I would be surprised if Doncaster didn't take a similar approach. Our job is to ensure we have a decent cushion before then. 
  • Marquis remembers his Millwall days.
    What he's going to stand in the middle of the pitch with his arms raised shouting: Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii all game whilst wearing a flat cap?
  • The Douchebag sacks Bowyer at H/T.
    And appoints Kenneth Yao on a 7 year contract immediately. Yao oversees a 0-3 defeat but Roly is so impressed he extends the contract to 8 years.
  • As the infamous spanner Danny Baker used to say on his Saturday morning show,

Charlton have:

A one goal lead.
    A Full house.
    We have the better side.
    Bowyer and Jackson in tandem.
    The Form team.
    Charlton fans with confidence.
    Charlton players with confidence.
    21 years since the Mendonca Final.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Everything
  • Lyle Taylor twists his ankle by stepping in a pot hole walking from his car to the players entrance and misses the game.

Trailing 2-1 in injury time, we push Sarr upfront and in an action replay of Llera vs Swindon, he chips the keeper for a last gasp equaliser. 

22,000 Addicks miss Wembley due to stress related complaints.

• Nothing will go wrong Friday. We were the better team over the season, last Sunday, today, will be Friday and another day of the year.

All this lack of confidence on here, I don't understand. Reverse this around, do really think Donie are looking forward to coming down here having to win? They don't beat the top teams and they know it.

• this is Charlton