Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mike Dean on 99

Do you think the old attention seeker has got a vest with 100 on it to slip under his top. Nothing wrong with celebrating with the crowd.

Comments

• pettgra said:
    Do you think the old attention seeker has got a vest with 100 on it to slip under his top. Nothing wrong with celebrating with the crowd.
    Shirt off, big wheeling arm celebration (like Quinn vs us in play-off final) is what I'm holding out for.
  • edited February 2019
    at Leicester this season, against Wolves, he sent of Vardy (straight red) .. not sure what number that was .. must have been about 97/98 ? .. the Leicester crowd were baying for his blood and normally they are such a reasonable(ish) lot .. he'll have a neon lit red card in his ticket pocket ready for the ton
  • Was Steve Brown (injured and then catalogues on the field) one of his first?
    I think our game against Leicester was Dean's first in the Premier League which would make Steve Brown his very first.

Browny was sent off for deliberate handball (going up for a header with the centre-forward, losing balance on way back down, arm in air, ball hit arm) and Dean shew him the red as he was being taken off the pitch on a stretcher.

Cue a merchandise catalogue shower. At least Ian Walker in the Foxes' goal had something to read ...
  • The thing is, he's got to 99 because he's been a Premier League ref for  18 years, not that bad when you average it out. 

And yes he is a preening arsehole, but meh

I'm sure I heard the other day his first was Nobby Solano in the 2000/2001 season

Our game with Leicester was the following season I believe.

Certainly one of his early ones though.

• edited February 2019
    Was Steve Brown (injured and then catalogues on the field) one of his first?

I'm sure I heard the other day his first was Nobby Solano in the 2000/2001 season

Our game with Leicester was the following season I believe.

Certainly one of his early ones though.

He was just refining his technique - found that if he timed it right,  with ammunition on the seats, he could cause a full scale riot.
    I think our game against Leicester was Dean's first in the Premier League which would make Steve Brown his very first.

Browny was sent off for deliberate handball (going up for a header with the centre-forward, losing balance on way back down, arm in air, ball hit arm) and Dean shew him the red as he was being taken off the pitch on a stretcher.

Cue a merchandise catalogue shower. At least Ian Walker in the Foxes' goal had something to read ...
    That was the game realised I disliked Robbie Savage. Dived all over the place and lots
    of aimed kicks at our players when ref wasn’t looking. When he was booed, continued to put his finger to lips in front of home crowd.
  • edited February 2019
    Rothko said:
    The thing is, he's got to 99 because he's been a Premier League ref for  18 years, not that bad when you average it out. 

And yes he is a preening arsehole, but meh
    18 years .. that is some longevity for a referee .. t b h I have seen him referee quite a few games and unless you are making a point of looking out for him and his antics, you wouldn't know he was there (if ye ken wor I mean) he lets the game flow, is strict and basically does a good job
  • Sponsored links:

That was 100% a correct sending off though. Browny definitely knew what he was doing there. 

• I would be happy if he were to ref all our games.

Nuff said.

That was 100% a correct sending off though. Browny definitely knew what he was doing there. 

Do you want a catalogue to the head? 
  • I was watching a game last weekend he was in charge of and he could easily have sent a player off, the comentator made a good point at the time, is he saving number 100 for a really big name like a Pogba or Hazard 
  • Ashley Young is number 100
    Ashley Young is number 100

and the yellow cards doled out last night take his tally to 103 .. for the season .. don't fuck with Deano ((:>)
    Disappointed Dean didn't celebrate with a Joe Root style mic drop with his notebook!

• Seen at the New Lawn celebrating Tranmere's trip to Wembley. (From Wirral).
    As much stick as he gets, he still seems like a normal bloke
  • Attention seeking at its worst. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The bloke is a complete pillock . Perfect qualification to be a ref .
  • Mike Dean walks into a restaurant. 
    Waiter: Good evening sir, we're not especially busy, so the are several tabl.....
    Dean: The one by the window. 
  • Great to see to be honest, dont think he's attention seeking because he wouldnt know he's on camera

Nice that he supports a normal club as well rather than being a fan of the big six

Question though; do you think he sits in the stands heckling the referees like a proper fan would?
  • Redrobo said:
    I would be happy if he were to ref all our games.

Nuff said.
    Have you been invaded by the spirit of Stan Lee?
  • Great to see to be honest, dont think he's attention seeking because he wouldnt know he's on camera

Nice that he supports a normal club as well rather than being a fan of the big six

Question though; do you think he sits in the stands heckling the referees like a proper fan would?
    You're joking. Standing above the crowd, getting filmed on countless phones. He knew what he was doing. 
  • Pringle said:
    Attention seeking at its worst. 
    Surprised he wasn't in his ref's kit à la John Terry. 

"Oi referee, do you know Law 12?"
  • Uboat said:
    Great to see to be honest, dont think he's attention seeking because he wouldnt know he's on camera

You're joking. Standing above the crowd, getting filmed on countless phones. He knew what he was doing. 
    Next you'll be saying he had a connection with the Sky Studio talking in his ear

"Right Mike; we're panning to you, make it look good, your live in 3, 2, 1"