Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good enough for what? The Championship?
  • 4 year contract for the boy. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Good enough for what? The Championship?
     Personally I'd wait until we get through the play offs before making any judgement. If we're still in league one there's worse out there.
  • Nice interview with him

I was really pleased when Sky talked about his troubles with Red Star Belgrade during the Doncaster match, for all the fans in the country who say that players should go abroad; Parker is one of those where you'd whisper a word of caution
    But to be fair, Red Star Belgrade is an odd choice all round. Actually was it at Red Star where they would not let him train properly? I though that was Aberdeen but maybe I misunderstood what they were saying. 

I was really pleased when Sky talked about his troubles with Red Star Belgrade during the Doncaster match, for all the fans in the country who say that players should go abroad; Parker is one of those where you'd whisper a word of caution
    But to be fair, Red Star Belgrade is an odd choice all round. Actually was it at Red Star where they would not let him train properly? I though that was Aberdeen but maybe I misunderstood what they were saying. 
    Yeah was Red Star who made him train at night (without floodlights on) and on his own
  • As long as he scores the winner at Wembley, he can say what he likes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd like to know the full story of how he got to Red Star in the first place. To be honest, he is not their level. They expect to qualify for the Europa League at least, each season. I smell a rat, spelt a-g-e-n-t.

You can reverse the argument too. I often wonder whether if he had his time again, Igor would have resisted the move to Charlton. Let's face it, it has royally fecked up a very promising career.
  • edited May 2019
    I'd like to know the full story of how he got to Red Star in the first place. To be honest, he is not their level. They expect to qualify for the Europa League at least, each season. I smell a rat, spelt a-g-e-n-t.

You can reverse the argument too. I often wonder whether if he had his time again, Igor would have resisted the move to Charlton. Let's face it, it has royally fecked up a very promising career.
    He'd left England for a Slovenian team: NK Domzale... Scored 14-goals for them so I guess he got noticed by Red Star what with him already being in the Balkans

Apologies for the link being to the Scum but cant find the SLP interview he did shortly after joining us

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8123065/gillingham-josh-parker-football-serbia-cardiff-fa-cup/
  • Ah, right, that path to Red Star makes sense, and I guess at that age they saw potential to develop. They must have seen a footballer in him. Red Star gave Arsenal a game, in the home leg at least, was it this season? It's off the pitch that I'd expect things to be a bit weird. Red Star was the recruiting ground for Milosevic's militia thugs in in the Balkan Wars.
  • I will give Josh Parker 100% support if he starts or gets on the pitch.
    Non goal scoring forwards are a worry in my book especially at home. 
    Scunny and Rochdale really don't compare to Doncaster this Friday.  
    Did Josh put in a good shift on Sunday ?
    Yes, but he is in the team by default because of Igor's injuries and the poor window by the owner.
    I wish him the best of luck for his sake and for the rest of us.

Yeah was Red Star who made him train at night (without floodlights on) and on his own
    only because he kept banging on about being vegan
  • Ah, right, that path to Red Star makes sense, and I guess at that age they saw potential to develop. They must have seen a footballer in him. Red Star gave Arsenal a game, in the home leg at least, was it this season? It's off the pitch that I'd expect things to be a bit weird. Red Star was the recruiting ground for Milosevic's militia thugs in in the Balkan Wars.
    Nope he'd left Red Star by the time they faced Arsenal

He did make two Europa League appearances for them though which would have been a defeat against Kazak side: Kairat in the Qualifying Rounds

And he only had 1 ball, which they took off him in the end as well.

Couldnt believe it when I heard how they treated him

Rather pathetic treatment from Red Star

Is a sign of how useless the Football Governing bodies are from the top to the bottom where they cant protect players from this properly as imagine Josh Paker is far from alone
  • edited May 2019
    I will give Josh Parker 100% support if he starts or gets on the pitch.
    Non goal scoring forwards are a worry in my book especially at home. 
    Scunny and Rochdale really don't compare to Doncaster this Friday.  
    Did Josh put in a good shift on Sunday ?
    Yes, but he is in the team by default because of Igor's injuries and the poor window by the owner.
    I wish him the best of luck for his sake and for the rest of us.
    Agree and I will support him 100% when he plays for us.
    Don't quite get the love-in for Igor though, a striker who has only ever scored 1 in 4 in his career, and 1 in 6 in his Charlton career. Lots of excuses etc etc, same as for Tony Watt, who was a brilliant character but who also never did a lot for us.
    The last 2 games, Josh has put in a shift, that's all you can ask. Hope he scores Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like what he says about the team staying grounded ahead of Friday - it's exactly what I needed to read to keep my nerves at bay!

Rather pathetic treatment from Red Star

Is a sign of how useless the Football Governing bodies are from the top to the bottom where they cant protect players from this properly as imagine Josh Paker is far from alone
    I am afraid that in Serbia there are a lot more professions than footballers that don't get the protection you might expect. I wouldn't live there. Neither would my Serbian buddy. He got out to Prague in 93 and he ain't goin' back. 

I didn't mean to suggest that Parker played against Arsenal, simply that this is the level Red Star are at in Europe. Well above Championship level, even though their many youth stars get snapped up quickly by richer European clubs. 
  • I was impressed with him. He's no Taylor or KAG, he's just a hard working L1 centre forward. He won a lot of headers and kept the Doncaster defence under pressure. If Taylor and Aribo keep scoring, I'm happy with Parkers current contribution.
  • Think the Rochdale game gave him confidence, despite the miss.  We had Andy Marshall on the LoveSport radio show last week and he was full of praise for his work ethic, said Bowyer thinks so too.  I think he can come good on Friday and at Wembley if we get there.  His role enables Aribo to push further forward and I think Aribo is revelling in beign the one at the tip of the diamond 
  • Fair enough he’s not technically as good as anyone else in our starting XI. However he works hard and that’s all you can ask for, a goal will come for him soon. No matter who’s playing for us in the play off’s I will support them 100%
  • There is a place in the team for that work rate. We didn't see it when he joined us, but we are seeing it now and the ovation he got when he walked off speaks volumes. Well done Josh.