Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play The Game ... Not the Occasion

Forgive if i've got this completely wrong, but was it Curbs or Les Reed who said this in 1998?

Its a pretty timely phrase that won't go away, and seems pretty darn appropriate now.

Comments

• It's certainly the sort of thing Curbs would have said.
  • Also didn’t they go into absolute detail about with the playoff final at Wembley in that they had one of the training pitches set up the same size as Wembley, so it wouldn’t come as a surprise on the day.
  • edited May 2019
    Didn’t Curbs also used to say every year something along the lines of somebody would win the cup so why not charlton ? Or was it the same thread on CL that got got recycled every season ?
  • Didn’t Curbs also used to say every year something along the lines of somebody would win the cup so why not charlton ? Or was it the same thread on CL that got got recycled every season ?
    A premiership club is going to win it why not us?
  • LenGlover said:
    Didn’t Curbs also used to say every year something along the lines of somebody would win the cup so why not charlton ? Or was it the same thread on CL that got got recycled every season ?
    A premiership club is going to win it why not us?
    Praps.
  • edited May 2019
    How’s everyone doing?

Ive tried to stay calm and dispassionate this week about the game ( ie the complete opposite of everyone else in the house).

Although I have been working away from home.

Don’t think Pompey or Sunderland have looked great over both legs to be honest (is that because they are just not very good, or playoff nerves kicking in because of what’s at stake?)

Would like to sing , woke up this morning feeling fine, except to say woke up this morning to find the missus having a nose bleed!

Whats everyone doing today, to take their mind off of tonight?

Kay Sarah, Sarah.... (yeah I know it’s not spelt right).
  • Pompey and Sunderland were both on poor runs at the end of the season which is why we got third, and that’s just carried on into the play off games.
  • Relax we’re getting to the final , it’s what happens there you won’t like 
  • Can I report the above poster as I think he's stolen my identity.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Same again please.