Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Thread for Tempting fate and ensuring our season ends disastrously on Friday evening

paulie8290 said:
How much do we reckon tickets for the final will cost

When we beat Doncaster on Friday when could we anticipate Wembley to be available from? Saturday, Sunday or as late as Monday?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85515/journey-to-the-final#latest

Might as well put these all in the same place, along with new comments concerning what our allocation will be at The Toolbox next year, what pub are we celebrating in after the final, how many lap dancers should I invite back to my flat once I've finished knocking back champagne, etc, etc, etc.

Have a read of this you wallies, specifically the bit about the tannoy announcer:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6295031.stm

Comments

• They should get a 5 day ban . Bloody Jonahs !
  • edited May 2019
    I've got booked a 2-night stay at the top Hyatt suite at Wembley and laid on 100 bottles of champagne. 
  • I'm as pessimistic as they come but I know we're going to Wembley and we're gonna lose there 
    Where is that Flag button when you need it !
  • Guilty......I checked if there was a tube strike like on the cup final weekend.
  • Wem ber ley
    Wem ber ley
  • I'm as pessimistic as they come but I know we're going to Wembley and we're gonna lose there 
    Where is that Flag button when you need it !
    Are you volunteering to bring the flag if we get through?
  • Stop this now and unless we winning 37-0 with a minute to go. No Wembley songs on Friday either please.
  • T_C_E said:
    Stop this now and unless we winning 37-0 with a minute to go. No Wembley songs on Friday either please.
    Could still go to extra-time and penalties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Today I looked up return flight costs for 26th May, Newquay to Heathrow
  • Today I looked up return flight costs for 26th May, Newquay to Heathrow
    Nope, not looking. 
    No. 
    Not a chance. 
  • Am refusing to even think about a Wembley trip (well, trying to anyway). This is, after all,  Charlton and we always do the unexpected. Please, let's just get Friday over and done with. Yes, we have better players than Donny and yes, we are really bang in form and should have won more convincingly on Sunday. IF we maintain our form AND get the 'rub of the green' at The Valley we will be going to the old stadium.
  • Reckon LB will take us up again next season 
  • I've got booked a 2-night stay at the top Hyatt suite at Wembley and laid on 100 bottles of champagne. 
    A mattress would have been more comfortable 
  • Booked Barbados , 4 months ago , for half term week (departure 25th May ) and paid a few extra quid for flexible tickets for myself and eldest son .
    Rang up travel agent this morning and told him to look out for our result Friday night and change our two flights to the Monday for departure , once Wembley confirmed .
    I’ve known for months we were going to Wembley, it’s just being able to deal with the loss I’m struggling with .

• Booked Barbados , 4 months ago , for half term week (departure 25th May ) and paid a few extra quid for flexible tickets for myself and eldest son .
    Rang up travel agent this morning and told him to look out for our result Friday night and change our two flights to the Monday for departure , once Wembley confirmed .
    I’ve known for months we were going to Wembley, it’s just being able to deal with the loss I’m struggling with .

Was playing golf with a Sheffield United supporter last week and he watched the Donny game with me in Portugal. He has been to Wembley FOUR times to see them lose 😩 That’s harsh

Looked it up and it gets worse...

20. Sheffield United fans must be thanking their lucky stars that they have been promoted automatically as League One champions this year, considering their dismal play-offs record. The Blades have played 20 matches – eight semi-finals and four finals – but have yet to gain promotion via the play-offs, and have even failed to score in any of that quartet of finals.

Far rather take my 2 boys there as they have never been to watch Charlton there, than not.

The buzz for 9 days will be amazing if it happens. Not worth thinking about the downside.

Lets just get there ! We might even win Oohaa👍👍
  • edited May 2019
    8 play off campaigns and not one play off final win , kin ell that’s ridiculous 
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel for Derby fans think sky sports said the other day 3 of the last 5 years they have failed in play offs

Looks like 4 in 6 unless they win at Leeds
  • I have just rung Wembley.

IF we get there I am going to splash out on a hospitality package. It would be my first visit to new Wembley, and and at my age, you have to consider that it might be my only chance to see Charlton there. So sod it, I'm going to push the boat out.

However when the nice young lady asked me which team I support I laughed and said I don't want to tell her, because it tempts fate. She fully understood :-)
  • When do the championship fixtures get released, and how many times do you think we’ll be on telly next season?
  • This is my 5th playoff semi final, I’ve only seen us win one.
  • edited May 2019
    When do the championship fixtures get released, and how many times do you think we’ll be on telly next season?
    We'll be on the telly at least 10 times if we get promoted (If its the same as last)

All midweek Championship fixtures are shown live on SKY meaning you wont need to pay £10 for iFollow - One game always gets shown on the main SKY channel the rest are available on the red button
  • I have just rung Wembley.

IF we get there I am going to splash out on a hospitality package. It would be my first visit to new Wembley, and and at my age, you have to consider that it might be my only chance to see Charlton there. So sod it, I'm going to push the boat out.

However when the nice young lady asked me which team I support I laughed and said I don't want to tell her, because it tempts fate. She fully understood :-)
    We ... or Doncaster ... are getting hospitality and boxes in the West of the stadium. 

I am also going with this approach ... if we get there.