Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away games like Donny should carry a health warning.

Wow what a day yesterday was, however the following day my body is telling me ouch. Aching legs, back and knees from standing, a sore voice, lack of sleep after waking at Sunday 4.45 to set off at 5.30 and an sore cheeks from the constant smiling, then my 13 year old tells me this morning that his hands feel like every bone is broke in them through all the clapping and sore wrists day like yesterday should come with a health warning.

When my son was born and we first started to go to games together 10 years ago I always dreamt of taking him to Wembley to watch the reds. Living in an area that is shrouded with Chelsea and factor in all his mates at school either support the Russian mafias mob, Tottenham,Liverpool or Man Utd, he never really has had much to shout about although in true South East London fashion has always fought our corner with true passion and conviction. 
We are 90 minutes from fulfilling my dream and walking up Wembley with my best mate, as well as daughter.
I am glad we have the weekend to get over what could be a truly fantastic evening on Friday.

Lets live the dream. COYR.

Comments

• I think you mean Donny 
  • Nicholas said:
    You still drunk?
    Or confused.
  • edited May 2019
    Did you drive straight past Doncaster on your way to Scunthorpe?
  • Nicholas said:
    You still drunk? Yep

• I think you mean Donny  I did highlight the health issues.

• Wow what a day yesterday was, however the following day my body is telling me ouch. Aching legs, back and knees from standing, a sore voice, lack of sleep after waking at Sunday 4.45 to set off at 5.30 and an sore cheeks from the constant smiling, then my 13 year old tells me this morning that his hands feel like every bone is broke in them through all the clapping and sore wrists day like yesterday should come with a health warning.

When my son was born and we first started to go to games together 10 years ago I always dreamt of taking him to Wembley to watch the reds. Living in an area that is shrouded with Chelsea and factor in all his mates at school either support the Russian mafias mob, Tottenham,Liverpool or Man Utd, he never really has had much to shout about although in true South East London fashion has always fought our corner with true passion and conviction. 
    We are 90 minutes from fulfilling my dream and walking up Wembley with my best mate, as well as daughter.
    I am glad we have the weekend to get over what could be a truly fantastic evening on Friday.

Lets live the dream. COYR.
    Couldn't agree more.

I also have young children and the dream has always been to take them to a Charlton game at Wembley. I love this club and so do my kids.
  • praying we finish the job off Friday (which I think we will) as both my daughters are desperate to watch us at Wembley.
  • Didn't take my 5 year old to Wembley in 98.  26 now and desperate to go to Wembley together.

• Tell us more about these sore cheeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• I took the boy up on Saturday and we had a great bit of boy time together.

Doncaster Dome, waterslides, few beers and a bite to eat in the premier inn near the ground where we stayed.

Then it was up early Sunday for ticket collection, brekkie, and what is always a fairly draining match for an adult let alone a 10 year old.

Parking in the premier inn helped for a quick getaway and I was home just after 5 but he was absolutely shattered.  Struggled to get him out of bed this morning.

Ideal preparation for his SATS exams this week 😂😂
  • I took the boy up on Saturday and we had a great bit of boy time together.

Doncaster Dome, waterslides, few beers and a bite to eat in the premier inn near the ground where we stayed.

Then it was up early Sunday for ticket collection, brekkie, and what is always a fairly draining match for an adult let alone a 10 year old.

Parking in the premier inn helped for a quick getaway and I was home just after 5 but he was absolutely shattered.  Struggled to get him out of bed this morning.

Blimey, you’re lenient letting him have a few beers. 
  • I woke this morning shattered. A hoarse voice, bruised shins and a very sore knee. Must’ve been a good day launching myself over 4 rows and picking everyone up when we scored. 
  • Bloody snowflakes - all of you.

Yesterday was up at 6.30am - on the road at 8.00 to Manchester Airport then from there to Doncaster. Stood up for best part of three hours in total, some of that jumping up and down, and then a 100 return drive through shed loads of traffic.

Up this morning at 6.00am - five mile run, 30 mins in the gym, then shower, breakfast and in work for 9.00am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

(that second bit might be a lie).

• stonemuse said:
    I took the boy up on Saturday and we had a great bit of boy time together.

Blimey, you’re lenient letting him have a few beers. 
    He’s 25.
  • bobmunro said:

Bloody snowflakes - all of you.

Yesterday was up at 6.30am - on the road at 8.00 to Manchester Airport then from there to Doncaster. Stood up for best part of three hours in total, some of that jumping up and down, and then a 100 return drive through shed loads of traffic.

Up this morning at 6.00am - five mile run, 30 mins in the gym, then shower, breakfast and in work for 9.00am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Is that a direct flight ? 
  • I am not meaning to be divisive, so please take this in the spirit intended.

But I said in recent years with the boycott or not dilemma, I could never do so.

The time I've had with my sons at Charlton were the best times ever and could never be replaced.

Also the time spent with friends.

Wembley would be the icing on the cake and it would be a real shame if anyone decided not to go (should we make it).

Respect to all of the Charlton family.

• bobmunro said:

Bloody snowflakes - all of you.

Don’t get that.....you say you flew from Manchester to Doncaster and then drove 100 miles on a return journey.
    I assume you drove from Manchester airport to home on the return journey?
  • Given that we go to Wembley about once every 20 years, there must be a large % of our fanbase who've never seen us play there.
  • Sponsored links:

• the EFL have rated Doncaster as THE best and most welcoming club to visit in L1 
  • Given that we go to Wembley about once every 20 years, there must be a large % of our fanbase who've never seen us play there.
    Charlton have never played at The "New" Wembley. So none of us have seen us play there.
  • Going to look into flights and logistics for a quick trip over with my boy if we make the final! Big if, no chickens being counted - it’s the hope that kills you...
  • the EFL have rated Doncaster as THE best and most welcoming club to visit in L1 
    Tbf it probably is.
    I wouldn’t doubt it.
  • clb74 said:
    the EFL have rated Doncaster as THE best and most welcoming club to visit in L1 
    I got called a fat bastard yesterday by a couple of thier fans after the game 
    Nothing wrong with there eyesight then.
    Gonna shed 3 stone now so if we play them next season will give them the finger
    Charlton have never played at The "New" Wembley. So none of us have seen us play there.
    Evidently there are currently only 11 league clubs in the present 92 who have never played at the new Wembley......it’s pretty shameful that we are one of them.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    the EFL have rated Doncaster as THE best and most welcoming club to visit in L1 
    I got called a fat bastard yesterday by a couple of thier fans after the game 
    Nothing wrong with there eyesight then.
    Gonna shed 3 stone now so if we play them next season will give them the finger
    Make sure you wash it afterwards.