Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Restaurants in Dartford area

Hi all,

looking for a nice pub/restaurant in the Dartford environs for this coming Sunday.

Suitable for adults and children.

An example of what we are looking for is our first choice was The Fighting Cocks in Horton Kirby.

Comments

• horse and groom wilmington isnt bad 
  • The Fighting Cocks is good
  • Haven't been for a while, but Chequers in Darenth Road certainly was pretty good and I'm told still is.

The Horse & Groom in Wilmington is also decent if a bit pricey, though I haven't been on a Sunday.

A bit more of a 'chain' style pub/restaurant is the Wharf in Crossways. It's decent enough for the price and the location isn't bad.

Miller & Carter have just opened a steakhouse in Princess Road. haven't been in there yet, but the Hall Place one was decent, though not really a pub style.

• Is the McDonald's still there?
  • edited May 2019
    The Lion Farningham.
    Kids love paddling and playing along the river bank, there’s a good Sunday lunch menu.
    If the weather is good, you’d be better off booking.
  • The plough in Eynsford is nice. Paddling is possible there too
  • Swisdom said:
    The plough in Eynsford is nice. Paddling is possible there too
    A bit small and last time I was there the food wasn’t that great.....mind you, that was 3 or 4 years back and things change of course.
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2019

Haven't been for a while, but Chequers in Darenth Road certainly was pretty good and I'm told still is.

The Horse & Groom in Wilmington is also decent if a bit pricey, though I haven't been on a Sunday.

A bit more of a 'chain' style pub/restaurant is the Wharf in Crossways. It's decent enough for the price and the location isn't bad.

Miller & Carter have just opened a steakhouse in Princess Road. haven't been in there yet, but the Hall Place one was decent, though not really a pub style.

Ive been in, very good 
  • thanks all.

Going The Lion in Farningham for first time in about 20 years.
  • MrOneLung said:
    thanks all.

Going The Lion in Farningham for first time in about 20 years.
    The kids may need Wellies as the water will be pretty cold at this time of year.
    Take some towels too.