Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we going to sell more seats in the Jimmy Seed

As we have sold out and Doncaster seem to have only sold about 1k seats for Friday. Do we think there is demand to sell seats in the Jimmy Seed to Charlton fans? It has been quite a while since this has happened, but it would really undermine their support on the night. I think they think we can't do this, not realising there is another way to access the stand other than the away turnstiles. I suppose the key question is - have we reached our maximum or can we find another thousand fans? 

Comments

• edited May 2019
    We've not sold out the Lower West block next to the Jimmy Seed

Think that is being kept back at the moment because it seems as though families of the players / staff arent able to come and watch themselves at the moment (thats the impression I got from Olly's post on here this morning) due to tickets selling so fast so guessing the club are sorting out the ticket requests from the players and once known will put the Lower West on sale

Guess any "home" seats in the Jimmy Seed will only become available when Doncaster send back any unsold tickets
  • Whats the usual number of walk up/buy on the day tickets?

Would we expect most of those people that would usually walk up have purchased in advance this time so walk up numbers would be less, but then its a bigger game so would they be more?

Not worth opening the stand to have 200 fans in there but if we can shift a load of tickets I think it needs doing.

No doubt plenty of people on here that can answer some of the questions from experience etc
  • I think it will help us so we ought to do it if we can.
  • Would be great if we can have fans in the Jimmy Seed

That way if it goes to penalties Doncaster players would basically have Charlton fans trying to put them off behind both goals
  • We've not sold out the Lower West block next to the Jimmy Seed

Think that is being kept back at the moment because it seems as though families of the players / staff arent able to come and watch themselves at the moment (thats the impression I got from Olly's post on here this morning) due to tickets selling so fast so guessing the club are sorting out the ticket requests from the players and once known will put the Lower West on sale

Guess any "home" seats in the Jimmy Seed will only become available when Doncaster send back any unsold tickets
    That sounds about right to me.
  • If we sell tickets for the JS we should allow people who have purchased tickets in the east and west a chance to swap them then put those tickets back on sale.  You want any Charlton fans in the JS to out sing the Donny ones. 
  • edited May 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If we sell tickets for the JS we should allow people who have purchased tickets in the east and west a chance to swap them then put those tickets back on sale.  You want any Charlton fans in the JS to out sing the Donny ones. 
    That just sounds like a mess waiting to happen (I imagine the website isnt built to handle refunds etc.)

There are only five days to go, they're surely going to want to make everything as simple and easy as possible
  • Addickted said:
    Even if we only sell 200 tickets for the Jimmy Seed Stand we should make them available.

Those 200 Charlton fans are just important as those sitting in the Directors Box.
    Sorry, I don't get why anyone in the Directors box has anymore importance than anyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Whats the usual number of walk up/buy on the day tickets?

Would we expect most of those people that would usually walk up have purchased in advance this time so walk up numbers would be less, but then its a bigger game so would they be more?

Not worth opening the stand to have 200 fans in there but if we can shift a load of tickets I think it needs doing.

No doubt plenty of people on here that can answer some of the questions from experience etc
    The police would have a big say in this, although I don't see any safety or crowd control basis on which they would object. As the costs are effectively pooled that’s not really an issue either.

It’s not conceivable there is no demand when we’ve already sold 22,500 tickets with four days to go, but whether the management is willing to put the work in is another issue. There are certain logistical challenges around the Bartram Entrance and redirecting ticket holders - and only one bloke left who will have any experience of them. 

It’s unlikely they would sell on the night in any event.

The club would also need to make the Doncaster section unreserved because of the way they have sold the tickets so far.
  • Addickted said:
    Even if we only sell 200 tickets for the Jimmy Seed Stand we should make them available.

Those 200 Charlton fans are just important as those sitting in the Directors Box.
    Sorry, I don't get why anyone in the Directors box has anymore importance than anyone else.
    Think you need to go back and read the post.....that’s exactly what he’s saying.
  • Addickted said:

Think you need to go back and read the post.....that’s exactly what he’s saying.
    Sorry, been a long day 
  • LenGlover said:
    Addickted said:

If it means @Cambridge gets a seat I'm all for it
    Don't be daft. Cambridge won't know whether he can make it until Friday.
  • Let's hope ALL the turnstiles will be manned!
  • Yes 5pm.
  • Go buy those tickets.
  • Go buy those tickets.
    You must be creaming your pants :wink:
  • not as if we are an away supported club in bulk but just over 1200 is a bit surprising, not that im complaining over 24,000 fans should help the team