Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Apology re ticket collection at Doncaster

It has been brought to my attention that one of my members of staff made a serious error of judgement on Sunday.

Whilst I was partaking in a customer service exercise on behalf of Charlton supporters, (eat as much as you like breakfast, washed down with 2 pints of Guinness).

I sent one of my staff on a reconnaissance mission, to check out if there were any queues for away tickets.

Despite this being a relatively simple task, he reported back that there were no queues and provided the requested photographic evidence.

Unfortunately, it appears that he went to the home ticket collection point and his photo, led to a rather distressing social media gaff.

I hope that everyone got in on time. There was a queue of about 100 people 30 minutes before KO.

I do of course offer my resignation by way of apology.

Yours Sincerely

Covered End

Comments

• It has been brought to my attention that one of my members of staff made a serious error of judgement on Sunday.

Whilst I was partaking in a customer service exercise on behalf of Charlton supporters, (eat as much as you like breakfast, washed down with 2 pints of Guinness).

I sent one of my staff on a reconnaissance mission, to check out if there were any queues for away tickets.

Despite this being a relatively simple task, he reported back that there were no queues and provided the requested photographic evidence.

Unfortunately, it appears that he went to the home ticket collection point and his photo, led to a rather distressing social media gaff.

I hope that everyone got in on time. There was a queue of about 100 people 30 minutes before KO.

I do of course offer my resignation by way of apology.

Yours Sincerely

Covered End

Your needed on the advice needed thread
  • That's exactly how I worked it out and actually thought it was quite a clever way of managing the process.
  • Chizz said:
    Regardless of it being home collections or away collections, rank norvern stoopidity of the highest scale deserved a wider audience
    It makes perfect sense! It means each person can serve a greater number of people and queues are shortened, so people gets served quicker. 

The tickets have been split between five boxes. Inside each window, the person can reach two or three boxes.  So the person in the first window can reach a box with surnames A-C in front of them and D-G on their left.  The middle person can reach the boxes from D-G on their right, H-M in front of them and N-R on their left hand.  The third person can reach N-R on their right hand and S-Z in front of them. 

Anyone with surnames beginning with D, E, F, G, N, M, O, P, Q or R has a choice of windows, meaning that the queues will be more-evenly spread and more people can be served in less time.  

The only thing I would change is the names of the windows.  "1", "2" and "3" would make a lot more sense than "A", "B" and "C". 

I bet you get all excited by those “4 people had a meal that come to £30. everyone put in £8....” riddles
    Why would four people put in £8 when they can just put in £7.50 each?
  • Regardless of it being home collections or away collections, rank norvern stoopidity of the highest scale deserved a wider audience
    I think the window marked A-G was a private collection point for Aherne-Grant. No one told Donny that he had already left the club.
  • Chizz said:
    Regardless of it being home collections or away collections, rank norvern stoopidity of the highest scale deserved a wider audience
    It makes perfect sense! It means each person can serve a greater number of people and queues are shortened, so people gets served quicker. 

The tickets have been split between five boxes. Inside each window, the person can reach two or three boxes.  So the person in the first window can reach a box with surnames A-C in front of them and D-G on their left.  The middle person can reach the boxes from D-G on their right, H-M in front of them and N-R on their left hand.  The third person can reach N-R on their right hand and S-Z in front of them. 

Anyone with surnames beginning with D, E, F, G, N, M, O, P, Q or R has a choice of windows, meaning that the queues will be more-evenly spread and more people can be served in less time.  

The only thing I would change is the names of the windows.  "1", "2" and "3" would make a lot more sense than "A", "B" and "C". 

I bet you get all excited by those “4 people had a meal that come to £30. everyone put in £8....” riddles
    £30 for a meal for 4!!!! Where do you eat out. Might have to try it 
  • Chizz said:

Three people, who have ten quid each, go into a shop to buy a second-hand TV.  The shop assistant sells it to them for thirty quid.  

The manager gets back from lunch and asks how much the assistant sold the telly for.  He tells him thirty quid.  The manager insists it should have been 25 and tells the assistant to run after the three people and give them their proper change. 

The assistant takes five one-pound coins out of the till and chases after the customers.  When he finds them, he gives the first one a pound, the second one a pound and the third one a pound.  He then trousers the other two quid and walks back to work.  

Each of the customers paid ten pounds and got one pound back.  So each of them paid nine pounds.  Three times nine is 27.  Add the two quid still in the assistant's pocket, and you have 29 pounds.  

Where is the other quid? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Regardless of it being home collections or away collections, rank norvern stoopidity of the highest scale deserved a wider audience
    I think the window marked A-G was a private collection point for Aherne-Grant. No one told Donny that he had already left the club.
    D-R was the window for those people whose tickets were to play Doncaster Rovers.
    We can laugh, but I think it makes sense as the windows were in the same office. people with a surname beginning with A,B,C, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z could only go to one window, the rest of us could go to two.
  • It's £30 minus the £3 not £27 plus the £2.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Three people, who have ten quid each, go into a shop to buy a second-hand TV.  The shop assistant sells it to them for thirty quid.  

The manager gets back from lunch and asks how much the assistant sold the telly for.  He tells him thirty quid.  The manager insists it should have been 25 and tells the assistant to run after the three people and give them their proper change. 

The assistant takes five one-pound coins out of the till and chases after the customers.  When he finds them, he gives the first one a pound, the second one a pound and the third one a pound.  He then trousers the other two quid and walks back to work.  

Each of the customers paid ten pounds and got one pound back.  So each of them paid nine pounds.  Three times nine is 27.  Add the two quid still in the assistant's pocket, and you have 29 pounds.  

Where is the other quid? 
    Still havent worked this out and its starting to wind me up
  • _MrDick said:
    Chizz said:

£30 for a meal for 4!!!! Where do you eat out. Might have to try it 
    Greggs. Apparantly they do a mean Vegan option now. 
    Can anyone post this on The Viking forum.....I would but don’t know how?
  • Chizz said:

He's mugged you right off AFKA.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Where is the other quid? 
    Still havent worked this out and its starting to wind me up
    In Rolands pocket since they paid £9  for a tv that should have cost the £8. 33, so each of tony and roland made 33p on the deal. Sounds much better if you do it as a 3 Tony burgers and roland's 42 chips.
  • Chizz said:

I expect you're one of those graduates who spent 3 years at Uni to come away with a 2-2 in Humanities or something just as useless in the real world. If I have to had to queue up yesterday i would have been just as flumoxed.  Just make things as simple as possible for the customer.