Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Doncaster v Charlton Play Off Semi 1st leg| Sun 12 May 2019

Here we go folks:

Post the team when you know it.

C'Mon You Reds!!!!

Comments

• In English:

Charlton: Phillips; Djiksteel, Bauer (C), Sarr, Purrington; Bielik, Cullen, Morgan, Aribo; Taylor, Parker.

Substitutes: Maxwell, Page, Pearce, Pratley, Lapslie, Forster-Caskey, Williams

• Lee Bowyer has opted for an unchanged team for today’s Sky Bet League One play-off semi-final first leg against Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium.

The Addicks were in fine form as they swept aside Rochdale 4-0 to clinch third place in the final regular season league game last weekend.

Jonny Williams, who missed last weekend’s game with an injury, returns to the bench for today and there is also a place for Jake Forster-Caskey.

It means the Addicks will likely line-up in Bowyer’s preferred diamond formation.

Dillon Phillips will start in goal, on the back of seven clean sheets in his last nine games. Anfernee Dijksteel, captain Patrick Bauer, Naby Sarr and Ben Purrington will likely make up the back four.

Krystian Bielik is expected to start in defensive midfield, fresh off his crucial second half goal last week. Ahead of him will be Josh Cullen and two-assist man Albie Morgan with Joe Aribo, who has netted in his last three games, playing behind the front two of Lyle Taylor and Josh Parker.

Forster-Caskey and Williams join Chris Maxwell, Lewis Page, Jason Pearce, Darren Pratley and George Lapslie on the bench. 

You can listen to live commentary of today's game from 12noon on Valley Pass which costs just £6.50 a month and also includes Lee Bowyer's pre and post-match press conferences and an extensive archive with highlights from every Charlton game from the last 30 seasons.

• Reeves missing from the 18, injury or a reflection of our depth in midfield?
  • Good to see Bowyer showing his principles - gave Albie his chance and he grabbed it last week.
  • Gutted that Igor's injury wasn't all a ruse. Parker's time to shine. Pleased to see Morgan in there
    Nor is he in the clip of the players getting off the coach

Although Solly is (Guess thats because he's Club Captain) - Wouldn't be surprised if its just the depth of our midfield
    Ben Reeves is still a very useful player to have.

• Sponsored links:

• Not much to say except...

COME ON YOU ADDICKS.
  • Anyone in there? How's the atmosphere?
  • Parker gonna score today.

really hope he plays well, needs the fans backing 
    Indeed, could make a major difference to him. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Reeves missing from the 18, injury or a reflection of our depth in midfield?

Wonder if Bowyer prefers Forster-Caskey because of his ability to get into the box

We've already heard a few times this season where Reeves' lack of movement into the area is a frustration for Lee
  • edited May 2019
    Big call from Bowyer on Morgan. My gut feeling is it’s the right one. No striker on the bench, and that must be that for Fosu. Big game for Josh Parker. Hopefully he can build on the encouraging signs he showed vs Rochdale.

4:30 am here. Come on you Addicks! 
  • Parker gonna score today.

really hope he plays well, needs the fans backing 
    Yeah ..... Hope our crowd really get behind Parker.
    Give him a lift.

SING HIS NAME, make him feel special!

Not yet, they're all still queuing for tickets  :neutral:

• COYR. A mix of excitement and nerves... hoping we can string a few early attacks together and get settled into our rhythm.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Reeves missing from the 18, injury or a reflection of our depth in midfield?

Ben Reeves is a better player in home matches than away. Reeves has scored some decent goals and played well at the valley.(one or two turkeys !)
    Albie Morgan has stepped up to the plate and is in the team on merit.
    Parker needs not only to work his socks off but take his chance. 
    Game on.

• Sponsored links:

• Beautiful day in Hong Kong but wish I was in Doncaster.
  • I I bet nobody has ever said that before grumpy.
  • sitting on reception desk at cutty sark halls and i feel nervous as hell wish i was up in doncaster 
  • Only reason I'm glad I'm not in Doncaster is the fact I can see any replays for anything that looks questionable today

Wont have to tear my hair out wondering and relying on the referee's judgement so much as can hurl abuse at the TV if he's wrong for anything against us
  • Haven't been this excited since I found a pound coin down the side of my armchair!

C'mon on you Addicks!
    Oggy Red said:
    Anyone in there? How's the atmosphere?

Oggy Red said:
    Anyone in there? How's the atmosphere?

Just taken our seats - building up nicely.
  • Obviously disappointed there's no Igor but other than that glad it's unchanged. Morgan deserves to start, think Williams may have more of an impact coming off the bench. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!