Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What’s the best music streaming service for apple products

i have nigh on zero interest in music but my sons are asking to download tunes on to their devices , they’ve  got iPads and or iPhones .
I have no idea , understand it’ll be another few quid disappearing out the bank account

whats the best thing to join for music,  for a family of 6 ( I don’t mind paying more for whatever is the best/easiest to use) 

amazon unlimited (I’ve just got amazon prime)
Apple Music 
spotify 

any others 

what do you and your family use/ recommend ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Me and the Mrs both have apple music accounts, she's got an iPhone, in on Android. It's fine, got most of the stuff we want. Not tried linking it to the kid's tablets yet, so interested in what people say
  • Apple Music is brilliant. A little dearer than most but worth it .
  • Spotify premium here for 4 of us. £14 per month for access to almost everything there’s ever been!
  • Amazon music for our lot, like you morts I'm not big in to music but it seems to tick all the right boxes for the wife and kids
  • I use Tidal. 
    You get Hi-Fi quality and also Master copies. If you are into music it’s better than Spotify and iTunes which are clipped.
  • I use Tidal. 
    You get Hi-Fi quality and also Master copies. If you are into music it’s better than Spotify and iTunes which are clipped.
    Do you put that through decent speakers to get the benefit of the better source?
    Never bothered with a streaming service before as I prefer to download and ‘own’ the music. 

However, decided to give Apple Music a go. I thoroughly recommend it. 
  • You can get a family membership to Spotify 
    What extra's do you get for the cost that makes it worth it?
  • edited May 2019
    I use Tidal. 
    Do you put that through decent speakers to get the benefit of the better source?
    I’ve got a pair of Acoustic Energy Radiance 3 with matching AE subwoofer, (also got the Radiance 3 centre speaker and 4 Cambridge Audios’ for cinema sound.).
     I paid about £1500 for the front two speakers about six years ago. I thought they were a great sound and  they probably still are but the trouble with hi-fi is, there is always something far better and more expensive  to buy. Also the sum of the parts, amp, cable, placement, etc is very important and I have tried to get good quality components right through.
    Despite what my wife says, it does sound light years better than one of those amazon kitchen worktop lump of crap speakers.
    A couple of weeks back I went to Home Media in Maidstone, (fantastic shop selling high end audio much of it British designed and made), and listen to a pair of Kefs, (local company), streamed through a Quad amp with Tidal, it was £000s and awesome.

Well worth the monthly subscription and you do get three months free trail although I don’t think that gets you access to the higher quality streaming. The down side is the music I like isn’t on the front page but that’s not surprising considering who owns it. Their library is, in my opinion, as good as Spotify or iTunes but you have to search for it. You can import playlists from Spotify.

As a bit of an an aside I do think it is worth mentioning for the younger CL members, British audio/Hi-Fi is some of the best in the world although lacking the flashing lights and nonsense features of the Far Eastern manufactures.