Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good luck Muttley

Good luck for your final tomorrow, @MuttleyCAFC - let us know how you get on.  And, more importantly, who you picked.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    They will all get game time. Many thanks - win or lose the lads have done me and, more importantly, themselves proud.
  • Great way to end your Managerial career Muttley

Congratulations
  • Actually it was 5-5 after extra time. I am drained! 0-1 to 3-1 to us, then they made it 4-3 in normal time. We equalised late on, then a goal each in extra time! 
  • Congratulations @MuttleyCAFC - what happened with the player you mentioned? Did he prove a positive impact?
  • Good luck in the final mate
  • He came on in the second half. He didn't have his best game to be fair, but I think made a small difference when it was needed. What I liked was during the penalties, where players have their arms around each other as they look on, the player that complained had his arm around him. We won it as a team. 
  • How did the ringer play?
  • We won a tough game on penalties. They were better technically, but we didn't give them an inch all night. They took the lead, we equalised then took the lead, then they took the lead back and we equalised with a few minutes to go. We took the lead in extra time, then the equalised but we hung on for pens. My son saved two pens in the shootout and one during the game. I am so proud of him and every one of them.

There were well over 200 supporters in the ground, and most were supporting our opponents and hostile. It was a cracking atmosphere. When we won they all went home, we probably cost the club a grand in bar takings! They had to make do with just twenty or so of us!
    Well done Mutts....sounds like the Sunderland PO Final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad it is my last match as a manager. I was always a reluctant one and another one of those would finish me off!
  • So 3-3 FT, 4-4 AET, won in penalties?

Good scoreline that.
    7-6 by any chance?
  • That's cracking. Congratulations to your team and especially to you as a coach.

I know the pressure you're under even at junior football level as i coach 2 youth teams myself. It really is a full time job albeit unpaid!
  • That's cracking. Congratulations to your team and especially to you as a coach.

I know the pressure you're under even at junior football level as i coach 2 youth teams myself. It really is a full time job albeit unpaid!
    And when they get to 17 -18 it gets even harder! :)
  • Well done Mutts
  • Glad it is my last match as a manager. I was always a reluctant one and another one of those would finish me off!
    Back to the carp fishing then  ;)
  • Nice one Muttley

Your boy has the look of a young Dino Zoff. Not a bad look for an aspiring keeper!
  • Davo55 said:
    Nice one Muttley

Your boy has the look of a young Dino Zoff. Not a bad look for an aspiring keeper!
    His heroes are Neur and Buffon. Zoff a bit before his time.
  • Actually it was 5-5 after extra time. I am drained! 0-1 to 3-1 to us, then they made it 4-3 in normal time. We equalised late on, then a goal each in extra time! 
    Sounds a good game!!