Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team colours and success 2018-19

Three of the four playoff contenders in L1 play in red and white (albeit different arrangements of no stripes, horizontal and vertical). So I got to thinking about whose year it is in terms of team colours.

Blue is not having a good year. Sky blue might be doing OK in the Prem, but Hudds, Cardiff and Ipswich are all down and only one team playing in blue (Bury) have so far been promoted.

Two of the three teams to feature green in their first strips have been relegated (Plymouth and Yeovil) though the other is in the L2 playoffs (Forest Green).

Teams playing in white have a mixed bag, with MK Dons promotion tempered by Fulham and Bolton being relegated and Leeds and Derby in playoffs. 
Notts County's historic black and white stripes will be gracing the Conference next season. 

Both the champ and L1 have seen clubs playing in yellow or orange as champions and both Mansfield and Newport are in the L2 playoffs. 
All red - Liverpool are having a good season but Walsall are down. Orient have made it back to the League

But red and white is a clear winner - 3 promotions so far (Blades, Barnsley, Lincoln)  and only Rotherham relegated. There's a very good chance another one will go up - let's hope it's the one without stripes!

Comments

• Options
    Presumably, that means that more reds then blues will be relegated next year. I seem to recall some that some University Professor proved that teams that wear red have been more successful in various sports than blues. I think it only cost the taxpayer a couple of million as well.
  • Options
    Presumably, that means that more reds then blues will be relegated next year. I seem to recall some that some University Professor proved that teams that wear red have been more successful in various sports than blues. I think it only cost the taxpayer a couple of million as well.
    If only that success was true in South London.

Forgot to add: teams who cannot choose between red and blue deserve nothing but bad fortune and ignominy. Come off the fence you stripey gits!