Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preseason Friendlies 2019

Just out of interest, when do they normally get announced?

Just wondered whether it will be Belgium, the West Country, or Barca and Madrid?

Comments

• Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
  • Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Palace or Millwall would get a decent turnout!
    That also depends on what division we're in. A Championship side is more likely to attract better opposition than a L1 side especially if most of our best players have left
  • No brainer there'll be a home match against Man. City after they used our pitch to train on.

Racing cert it was a condition of them using our facilities.
    Good shout.
    That also depends on what division we're in. A Championship side is more likely to attract better opposition than a L1 side especially if most of our best players have left
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
  • Maybe the Champions League winners would like to show off their shiny trophy at the Valley?
  • iaitch said:
    Maybe the Champions League winners would like to show off their shiny trophy at the Valley?
    If Watford win the FA Cup man united will have an europa league qualification game the day they are due to play spurs in shanghai..........
  • Sponsored links:

• With the size of our squad I expect the twitter account to be posting requests for anyone wanting a match down Goals over the summer
  • Surely Norwich have got to be in the mix for Solly's friendly. Made his debut against them. Will be 1-2 divisions above us but probably not too far ahead where they's send only reserves and kids.

Either that or Inter - maybe this is what that partnership was all about, we'll finally get something from it.

Tri-team tournament with Valencia
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    If only we had a connection at Stoke @bobmunro 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chris Solly said that he will have his Testimonial match at the Valley on, I think, the last Saturday in July. He is trying to decide on who to approach to be the opposition. He said that the danger with getting high profile teams like Arsenal or Chelsea is that they may send along their U23 side and then everybody is disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions for him ?
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    I was trying to think of clubs managed by someone with a connection to Chris
    Brighton 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    Stoke, Bolton, Oxford, Exeter. Anyone else?
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    I'll have a word with Nathan.
    Rangers please
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    Stoke, Bolton, Oxford, Exeter. Anyone else?
    There might not be a Bolton by then, would be a shame for Chris if his testimonial is against Exeter!! 
  • cafc4life said:
    Rangers please
    Roland would have to have a budget to repair the ground after that.
  • Sint-Truiden, Roland might even turn up for that  ;)
  • curbs had Hearts for his testimonial after we won the playoffs and we won the scottish cup in 98

written in the stars i tell you!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stoke if we don't go up? 
    Sheffield United??
    West Ham?
    West Ham?
    At The Valley or at our ground?
    Not too fussed.
  • The Valley or our ground ?????
  • The Valley or our ground ?????
    Still not fussed.