Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer & Johnnie Jackson - a thank you

Dear both,

I genuinely cannot thank you enough for the season we've had so far and what you've built at this club over the last year.  Over the last few years, there have been times when I've turned up to games, completely indifferent to the result and detached from everything around me, simply shell like, there in body, but not in mind.  The transformation, the change and the positive mentality that is now sweeping through this football club is for me, somewhat like a miracle given where we were just over a year ago.  The buzz that everyone has going into these two games and the way you have got the team playing is probably the most excited I have been in my 30 years of supporting the club.  I can't put my finger on it and I don't know why everything feels so positive, but I'm willing to bet a large part of it is down to the work you have both done.  Every single one of the players in that squad have my total faith and I feel a pride in seeing them put the shirt on, excited about the type of football we play.  I appreciate so much is still up in the air regarding what is going on behind the scenes, and what will be will be.  But for the moment, what we've had since the start of the year is something to recognise and pay homage too.  I know we've not achieved promotion yet, and there is a long way to go, but I'm confident that with you both at the helm, the talent and work ethic we have within the team, plus the amount of support who have already committed to the two legs in the play offs, we can do this.

To have this much support united behind you after everything that has gone on in the last few years, proves how good it can be again.  I never thought as a 37 year old bloke, I'd be waking up and checking twitter and here to see how many fans we're taking up to Doncaster and how many have got their tickets for the home game, akin to how I felt in the run up to the play offs in 98 when I was 16.  It's a pretty special feeling and never would I have thought it would return and under the current circumstances surrounding the club.  I can't wait for the two games against Doncaster and hopefully a winning day out at Wembley.

Allez Allez Allez

Comments

• Options
    Well said 
  • Options
    Amen to that
  • Options
    37 wtf ??

i had cabbies down as 30 years old max 

what an immature poster he is
  • Options
    Calm down cabbles, even I'm not this optimistic.
    Can't wait until Donny knock us out & it's back to me sitting in The Oak by myself.

Only joking  :wink:  
  • Options
    I used to prefer his letters to Katrine
  • Options
    You can hear more of cabbles cheerleading and homage to our club on the #charltonfanshow tomorrow evening on Lovesport radio at 9.00pm. 
    I will be tempering his optimism as I've spent the afternoon analysing the first half of Doncaster's home game v Barnsley back in March. Potentially, they can cause us a lot of problems with the likes of John Marquis and Mallik Wilks.