Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAST interview with Lee Bowyer

Heather McKinlay's interview with Charlton's record breaking manager can be seen here:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/05/seriously-positive-bowyer-is-born-to-win/

Comments

• Excellent interview, well done @Weegie Addick
  • Brilliant interview, loved the little nugget about how Naby's confidence soared after the crowd sang his name

I have to say that Bowyer has massively impressed and surprised me as a manager, I never expected him to be as good as he's been.
  • I have to admit...when Bowyer was Robinson's coach.

I knew he was potentially going to be a really good manager. There was just something about him. He had a calmness.

It was a character....but one that also had an internal sense of stability.

I did not actually fully expect this though.

Well done Bowyer!
  • Very insightful and reassuring comments from Bowyer. He's backed up everything he's said so far so no real reason to not believe him now either no matter how worrying it is the contract remains unsigned.
  • edited May 2019
    The Sarr comment confirms how important we are in building players confidence.

We have a couple of youngsters that need a song, but most importantly, we need as many at the Valley as we can.
  • Wow - Bowyer has made this old pessimist feel optimistic!!!
  • Great interview.

Like others I didn’t have high expectations of Lee’s ability as a manager. Reminds me of how I felt when Gritt and Curbs took over from Lord Lennie of Lawrence - and we all know how that turned out!
  • Great read and interview. Brilliant to finally have some decent people moving the club in the right direction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's hope that Lee has placated the doom mongers.
    He's 99.9% confident of signing a new contract and sorting out the necessary players for next season.
  • A most informative and entertaining interview, Weegie: nicely crafted.  I like Bowyer's appreciation of the fans, his wise knowledge gained through experience, and his complete lack of bullshit.  
  • Pleased to hear he's not worried and confident a deal will be agreed. Think he's forgotten that Duchatelet refused to agree a cover signing for our joint top scorer in January.....
  • Pleased to hear he's not worried and confident a deal will be agreed. Think he's forgotten that Duchatelet refused to agree a cover signing for our joint top scorer in January.....
    No, he mentioned that :smile:
  • edited May 2019
    It's been a great season, I feel for those who have chosen to boycott, the atmosphere's and the football has been terrific. 
  • It's been a great season, I feel for those who have chosen to boycott, the atmosphere's and the football has been terrific. 
    Well that makes it alright then
  • thanks Heather - appreciated
  • Comprehensive interview.
    Proper interview.
    Great interview.
  • edited May 2019
    It's been a great season, I feel for those who have chosen to boycott, the atmosphere's and the football has been terrific. 
    In the overall scheme of things maybe otherwise we'd be up in the automatics and It's not over yet. Wasn't that great away to Scunthorpe, Blackpool, Barnsley or Rochdale 😒.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great interview @Weegie Addick

Lee Bowyer has done a phenomenal job for us and, quite rightly, has the supporters eating out of his hand. Lee talks about us getting friends and family down to The Valley for the second leg and I think that is precisely what is happening. It’s the only explanation I can think of for the level of ticket sales thus far. The relationship with supporters has been rekindled and the team is playing football that we can all be proud of.
  • Wonderfully insightful. Great work @WeegleAddick
  • Brilliant interview that Weegie.
  • I was firmly in the ‘nah’ group when he was appointed a coach by Robinson. Felt it was another one of his PR stunts like he did with Ian Wright at MK. I mean, Bowyer was basically a fisherman.
    So fair play. He’s been outstanding. Thanks Lee. 
  • Wonderful interview 
  • Brilliant interview @Weegie Addick

Really enjoyed reading it as a glass half empty person myself. I've been saying to myself just to concentrate on the good feelings from each game as we take it. Looking forward to Donny. 

Also a word on how impressed I am with Bowyer. Really wasn't sure when he came in as a coach. Got stick from people when he became manager on the basis of his history. The man has changed, he gets us, is serious and mature and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in our dugout at the moment (including Pep, Klopp etc). 

Unlike some of our rivals, we have history. I'm hoping we keep Lee Bowyer for some time and he gets to write a few new chapters. Imagine how good we'd be if he was backed financially?