Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer, His Staff and Players have worked wonders with limited resources {} and Contract Situations

I would like to congratulate Lee Bowyer and his Staff for the consistent professionalism and hard work that He and his team have shown throughout the season under difficult circumstances {}, getting Charlton in to the Top Three of the league on limited resources and bringing the link back between Club, Players and Fans in such a short time is beyond doubt a truly magnificent achievement. {}

I'm sure you will all agree and that we can fill the Valley for him and the team on the 17th, Hopefully we have another game after to show our appreciation on the way back to the Championship {}

Comments

• Hardly limited resources but the ludicrous salaries paid to Sarr, Vetokele, Bauer, Ajose and others were beyond his control. If we go up and could keep the 1st three, I'd be well happy.
  • edited May 2019
    I certainly didn't expect him to be such a good manager. He has exceeded my expectations by an incredible amount. When Curbs showed the same qualities he was supported by Murray and look what happened. Why Murray doesn't call the idiot owner out now is inexplicable. Is he so proud that he can't see he was wrong? We should all let Bowyer know how grateful we are. 
  • Well done to Bowyer,Jackson etc.
  • If his own boss doesn’t recognise how hard Lee and the other guys have worked this season , then Roland really is out of touch and a complete dickhead.

Im gutted I can’t make the game up at Donny, due to a last minute arranged family commitment.

Really hope the charlton crowd can let Lee and the players know at least we appreciate what they’ve done for us this season, I’m sure they will.
  • It isn't just about work - you don't put together a team like Bowyer has under the circumstances without something much more than hard work.
  • It isn't just about work - you don't put together a team like Bowyer has under the circumstances without something much more than hard work.
    Talent and nous obviously, but it’s insulting from Roland to be praising opposition managers, is it his perverse way of trying to fire bowyer and the players up for the playoffs, how on earth does his mind work?
  • edited May 2019
    It is worrying as he probably sees Bowyer as somebody trying to screw him for more money. We sort of know how his broken brain works now!
  • Hardly limited resources but the ludicrous salaries paid to Sarr, Vetokele, Bauer, Ajose and others were beyond his control. If we go up and could keep the 1st three, I'd be well happy.
    Yes, even with our crazy owner the majority of clubs in our division would consider us still a big club.

A massive plus this season has been our loan recruitment. We've taken a gamble with their fitness (certainly with Bielik), but as a result have 2 players who are too good for this league in Bielik and Cullen. Waiting for the right players, even at the expense of having a poor August was a deliberate action by Bowyer which came good.

• edited May 2019
    Aribo is way too good for this league too. And to be fair, Williams. They are just the midfielders, there are a few other players you can add to the list. If Duchatelet wasn't such a pathetic fool he would see the opportunity for what it is. But he only wanted to do it his way and when his way was shown to be rubbish, and the solution was always, get lucky with your manager and support him, he isn't interested!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he's worked miracles.

Getting the team playing decent football and the fans on side so much so that people are worrying about home tickets for a game is something I didn't expect to happen so soon.
  • I think there is quite a lot of “Curbs” in Lee Bowyer. Both seem very level and don’t get excited too easily. Both put a lot of “stead” into the character of a player as much as ability. You wouldn’t want to piss off either. 
  • Bowyer and his staff have put aside all contract talks and kept the outside problems away from the players,totally concentrating on the matter in hand(Going up).If he can do it there is no reason for anybody to stay away on the 17th on principle.There will be over 20000,and to be honest I dont know how any Charlton supporter could not want to go. 
  • edited May 2019
    They both know/knew how to improve the team and they both know the importance of the fans. They are similar in that way. I think Curbs improved the team more gradually, but he had to do this in a higher division. Their football style is a little different. We play like a third division Man City under Bowyer. You don't see that level of ability and play in League One normally and teh plan seems to be to outplay opponents. Curbs seemed to have a more pragmatic style. 

But ultimately, both are excellent managers that only come along in a generation. Sadly, we don't have the same support within the club for Bowyer as Curbs had and it is likely his inevitable achievements as a manager will come elsewhere after this season. Win or lose in the play -offs.
  • I think there is quite a lot of “Curbs” in Lee Bowyer. Both seem very level and don’t get excited too easily. Both put a lot of “stead” into the character of a player as much as ability. You wouldn’t want to piss off either. 
    I do wonder if Bowyer is in touch with Curbishley and is getting advice and tips from the CAFC godfather .. either that or my imagination and wishful thinking are running away with me ((:>)
  • Roland had some good ideas, imo the problem is 2 fold. 

1) He seems totally unprepared to take advice from people outside of his small circle.  I would imagine RM has given him advice, I also get the impression it's been ignored.  An experienced DoF would have made a massive difference 5 years ago. 

2) He should have cut his loses and sold up the minute the FFP rules were changed and he sold SL.  As soon as that happened his "plan" had absolutely zero chance of working.  Since then he is just loosing money hand over fist with out anything to show for it. 

Now he basically has a club he doesn't have a clue what to do with. He cant/won't invest the money that would guarantee success but his ego, or stubbornness won't concede total defeat and right that money off. 
  • What's unusual about Bowyer is that he took a break from the game after playing. Usually players go straight into coaching or the media, whereas he disappeared for 3 years before doing a bit of coaching at Watford. 
    When KR brought him in, I assumed that it would be another of the big name "gimmick" appointments that KR likes, but it turned out to be a masterstroke