Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone else think that Albie Morgan should start in midfield against Donny?

After a superb showing on Saturday where he created FOUR goal scoring chances does anyone else think that Morgan is worth a place in the starting line up on Sunday or would you go with something like Pratley for the away leg and Morgan/Williams/Reeves for the home? 

Comments

• Who knows?
    I'll trust Bowyer on this.
  • edited May 2019
    No. I don’t. But I do think that his brother Albie has a decent shout. 

Doh! Corrected (what kind of a name is “Albie” anyway?)
  • Haven't been that impressed by Williams overall and Reeves is more likely to disappoint than not, so yes I would start Albie. 
  • Yes, 100% top fckin drawer this lad. 
  • Talal said:
    Haven't been that impressed by Williams overall and Reeves is more likely to disappoint than not, so yes I would start Albie. 
    Pretty much agree, but sometimes in the pressure cooker intensity of these games it is better to go with a wiser more experienced head.
    Bowyer will know whether he can handle it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams back.
    Be interesting to see if Solly is back for the second leg too.
  • I think he should start!!
  • Talal said:
    Haven't been that impressed by Williams overall and Reeves is more likely to disappoint than not, so yes I would start Albie. 
    Pretty much agree, but sometimes in the pressure cooker intensity of these games it is better to go with a wiser more experienced head.
    Bowyer will know whether he can handle it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams back.
    Be interesting to see if Solly is back for the second leg too.
    Yes I expect to see Williams start if fit. Reckon if Dijksteel has a steady first leg he'll keep his place. 
  • Possibly...only if it allows Aribo to play at the tip of the diamond where he seems to add goals to his game.

Williams is the kind who can change a game. I don't care if he has no goals and one assist is it? He is the most skilful midfielder we have and is more than capable of producing a moment of magic to turn the game on it's head. He would have had more assists if our strikers would have taken their chances too.

I'll be happy if we leave Doncaster with a draw, would even accept a one goal deficit as i'd back us to turn it round at The Valley. Go into the second leg with a two goal deficit and we'll have it all to do and may even find it beyond us to turn round. And if it means playing a more solid midfield of Bielik, Cullen, Aribo and Morgan for the first leg to try and keep it tight i'll be happy with that.

Doncaster away in particular will be as tough as Sunderland or Pompey - just not as intimidating a place to go to.
  • No. I don’t. But I do think that his brother Albie has a decent shout. 

Doh! Corrected (what kind of a name is “Albie” anyway?)
    As long as Albie doesnt take any shortcuts across the railway track we should be ok
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d start him personally, I don’t think he’s had one poor game for us yet. He’s always positive on the ball and looks to pass forward. Fully trust Bowyers judgement though and would be surprised if he does start him. I think he’ll go with the experience, certainly in the away game anyway. 
  • He has started the last 2 home games and we have scored 8 goals  I think he has a big future but the home leg might be the best option, a tough away game maybe not so much. 
  • Morgan should start, Aribo further forward is a much better option then Williams. 
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowyer went back to his Lapslie/Pratley midfield for the away leg and left Albie for the home game.  
  • edited May 2019
    Trust in Bowyer given that Albie is a young lad.

However in my view he has the vision and ability to split open a defence over and above the others which is worth a place at home especially.

• Play Morgan
  • IF Igor is out then what are we more likely to do? Add Williams/Reeves to the current 4 midfielders or keep two up with Parker?
  • I would say albie Morgan had a poor first half vs sunderland at the valley so maybe worth a degree of caution that maybe it won't be the same in a big game.
    That said he then bossed the second half of that game and we played them off the park so what do I know 
  • Morgan has certainly impressed in his last 2 appearances, I've no idea who Bowyer will go with, though Reeves not starting any of the recent matches suggests he's slipped down the pecking order
    A risk playing someone so inexperienced in such a big game though
  • Sponsored links:

• he's a good player with a bright future but no, williams and vetekole come in for morgan and parker for me
  • Play Morgan in midfield and stick Williams up front with Taylor 
  • DOUCHER said:
    he's a good player with a bright future but no, williams and vetekole come in for morgan and parker for me
    Is Igor going to be fit?
  • edited May 2019
    LTKapal said:
    I would say albie Morgan had a poor first half vs sunderland at the valley so maybe worth a degree of caution that maybe it won't be the same in a big game.
    That said he then bossed the second half of that game and we played them off the park so what do I know 

Your memory is letting you down !
    Albie Morgan was the only good thing about Charlton in the first 35 minutes against Sunderland at the Valley.
    We were totally on the back foot, including Taylor and we were lucky not to be out the game by HT 
    Second half the whole team played well and we could and should've finished with the 3 points.

• Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    he's a good player with a bright future but no, williams and vetekole come in for morgan and parker for me
    Is Igor going to be fit?

i,ve heard different info ranging from he won't be able to run for 14 weeks to he just had a tight muscle and it was precautionary - the latter comes from sources who are more likely to be correct but you never know for sure what info is being put out and why
  • DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is Igor going to be fit?

i,ve heard different info ranging from he won't be able to run for 14 weeks to he just had a tight muscle and it was precautionary - the latter comes from sources who are more likely to be correct but you never know for sure what info is being put out and why
    Igor was smiling during the lap of honour on Saturday! Certainly no visible sign of any injury
  • Morgan is good .. but away in a potentially tight, possibly 'dirty' game I'd go for all action Duracell man, a k a George Lapslie alongside Williams, Aribo and Bielik
  • edited May 2019
    I'd go two up top @ Doncaster even if it has to be Parker

As Leuth said the other day, we dominated up there until Vetokele was subbed for Marshall

Same with Oxford, we look average without a foil for Taylor

Home Game (Depending on the first leg) is when I'd consider doing something different
  • Morgan is good .. but away in a potentially tight, possibly 'dirty' game I'd go for all action Duracell man, a k a George Lapslie alongside Williams, Aribo and Bielik
    Leaving out Cullen?
  • Talal said:

I like Morgan but the only player I'd definitely drop him for is Reeves.