Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plymouth v Scunthorpe

Plymouth goalkeeper injured, but has control of the ball.  So he attempts to throw the ball out of play to receive treatment.  Scunthorpe winger chases after it and retrieves it before it goes out, controls it, chips the 'keeper, scores equaliser. 

#scenes 

Comments

• Cheating bastards,  Scunny!
  • Argyle 3 Scunts 2
  • Should have thrown it out for a corner.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Cheating bastards,  Scunny!
    Luckily it made no difference...
  • Natural justice.
  • Am I right in saying both sides got relegated?
  • Am I right in saying both sides got relegated?
    Yes. Plymouth went down on GD.  
  • Chizz said:
    Am I right in saying both sides got relegated?
    Yes. Plymouth went down on GD.  
    If Southend hadn't scored their 87th minute winner, Argyle would have stayed up.

• Proper scummy think to do
  • How the manager not over rule the player and say give em a goal back 

filth
  • Sponsored links:

• Plymouth still would have gone down had it ended 3-1 though
  • Where’s all the ‘play to the whistle’ mob from the Leeds thread?
  • Again though why not play to the whistle

Yet of course; Phillips did the same by throwing the ball out when Taylor went down yesterday

In a way though its worse than the Leeds incident as in that game I cant see where Leeds were about to put the ball out; when the Plymouth goalkeeper throws the ball its clear to see what he's doing so under no circumstances can Josh Morris argue that there was something lost in translation - Think going forward players need to be kicking the ball into row Z if they want to ensure the game stops
  • Sportsmanship has gone out of the window in recent weeks...rules are rules but honour and sportsmanship mean more...

My boss is a Plymouth fan and glad I wont see him till Thursday this week.
  • Sportsmanship has gone out of the window in recent weeks...rules are rules but honour and sportsmanship mean more...

Problem as well is the fact that down at this level and especially League Two is the fact your not going to be on great wages and arent far from ending at a club who only play Part-Time Football if you dont perform as a player - There are no Parachute Payments akin to what the likes of Cardiff | Fulham | Huddersfield will get, its a completely different (yet in many ways) better game

For that part of me cant blame Josh Morris for what he did
  • No sympathy with the goalkeeper then, if he tried to throw it out but didn't quite manage it?! A professional footballer should be able to get the ball off the side of the pitch without any difficulty.
  • Is Freddie Ladapo worth a punt next year with Plymouth going down?
  • He was injured.
  • No sympathy with the goalkeeper then, if he tried to throw it out but didn't quite manage it?! A professional footballer should be able to get the ball off the side of the pitch without any difficulty.
    The reason he couldn't was the keeper was crocked. I can't see why he couldn't let the ref know and the whistle is blown which would stop this nosense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whatever the circumstance and whatever is at stake it was unsporting what Scunthorphe done. Pro footballers doing that really saddens me.You're taught when young to play a game and not cheat and always shake opponents hands at the end of a match win or lose. Why should this change as you get older or turn pro? Also their manager could of intervened and let Plymouth have a goal back, as the Leeds manager did, but he chose not to.
  • Whatever the circumstance and whatever is at stake it was unsporting what Scunthorphe done. Pro footballers doing that really saddens me.You're taught when young to play a game and not cheat and always shake opponents hands at the end of a match win or lose. Why should this change as you get older or turn pro? Also their manager could of intervened and let Plymouth have a goal back, as the Leeds manager did, but he chose not to.
    Money in Football is the root cause of all the problems - Everyone seems to forget all morales when its involved
    Money in Football is the root cause of all the problems - Everyone seems to forget all morales when its involved
    The Leeds manager did not forget his morales. So for that i applaud him even though it cost his team.
    The Leeds manager did not forget his morales. So for that i applaud him even though it cost his team.
    No Bielsa does seem a rare breed in this day n age

Even paid the Spygate fine himself
  • edited May 2019
    Sportsmanship has gone out of the window in recent weeks...rules are rules but honour and sportsmanship mean more...

Problem as well is the fact that down at this level and especially League Two is the fact your not going to be on great wages and arent far from ending at a club who only play Part-Time Football if you dont perform as a player - There are no Parachute Payments akin to what the likes of Cardiff | Fulham | Huddersfield will get, its a completely different (yet in many ways) better game

Josh Morris would be earning more a month than the majority of people in Britain. He's not a shelf stacker in Asda earning minimum wage.

You really cannot excuse what he did.

Josh Morris would be earning more a month than the majority of people in Britain. He's not a shelf stacker in Asda earning minimum wage.

You really cannot excuse what he did.
    Yeah but he's still got his own mortgage to pay, family to cope for... League One players arent going to be on five figure sums (imagine a lot will be lucky if they're on four figures), drop down to League Two and the TV Revenue for clubs is going to impact on relegation still and any club when facing relegation will be forced to tighten their belts

If there is anyone out of contract and arent lucky then they'll end up with an offer from the Conference which again will be less sums

Yes there are people more hard up than him so we shouldnt have that much sympathy but he's one of the lucky few to be pretty good at what he does so doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to spend within his current means
  • Reaffirms the widespread joke that they are always known in written format as Sc##thorpe. :) 
  • edited May 2019
    No sympathy with the goalkeeper then, if he tried to throw it out but didn't quite manage it?! A professional footballer should be able to get the ball off the side of the pitch without any difficulty.
    He was injured and had to go off to be fair. Throwing the ball out might not have been easy. It was poor. I don't blame the Scunthorpe player in the heat of the moment, but they could have given the goal back after. 
    Actually, I've changed my mind, having watched the video. He really couldn't have made it clearer that he was trying to throw the ball out of play.

• No excuse for what Morris did. When the keeper throws it out of play like that, throwing the ball towards an area where are none of his teammates, there's no ambiguity.

It's not as if Plymouth had any reason to timewaste