Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Marquis......the danger man for Doncaster.

Ex Spanner......comes off the Downham Estate.
Got man of the match in our recent game at their place......I was impressed with him too.
Going to need some ‘special attention’ over the two legs.

Comments

• Need to mark him better thats for sure

Scored two or three offside goals because he ghosted in between Bauer and Sarr at the Keapmoat but didnt time his runs properly - Need to do a lot better than that this time round
  • Doncaster have lost only one home league game in 2019, if we can come away with at least a draw we should be okay for Wembley.
  • Doncaster have lost only one home league game in 2019, if we can come away with at least a draw we should be okay for Wembley.
    Really well setup then with Charlton having just two defeats away and undefeated at home in 2019

Agree that we need to get back to the Valley with something though
  • We have to be aware of payback from Doncaster.

The abandoned game with them winning 3-0 was the 3 points that stopped them from staying up.

The abandoned game with them winning 3-0 was the 3 points that stopped them from staying up.
    Plus the disallowed goal up there this season

They'll think that should have counted meaning that they would already have had 6th tied up before yesterday

They'll think that should have counted meaning that they would already have had 6th tied up before yesterday
    That aside, we are the form team going into the play-offs.  Doncaster have stumbled over the line.  We SHOULD go through but too many times when expectations are high things do not go to plan.

I'd sooner have played Blunderland.
  • Naby.

That is all.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Naby.

That is all.
    Was going to say the same, hope he has big pockets!

Mind you, we played them off the park for long periods with some delightful stuff but for some strange reason we seemed to go to sleep for the last 20 minutes or so which let them back into the game big time.
    My heart was in my mouth when that disallowed goal went in.....the ref gave it if I remember rightly but it was the lino that saved our bacon!

Mind you, we played them off the park for long periods with some delightful stuff but for some strange reason we seemed to go to sleep for the last 20 minutes or so which let them back into the game big time.
    My heart was in my mouth when that disallowed goal went in.....the ref gave it if I remember rightly but it was the lino that saved our bacon!
    I think that’s one for the vegan thread!
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah Igor was only just coming back so wasnt of the levels he is now (or was before his thigh tightened the other day) but those opening 30mins we were unplayable

Its the one confidence booster going into the Play-Offs as apart from Barnsley away there hasn't been a game against the top six where we've looked second best

In fact we've dominated at least a half against each of them
  • We took off Vetokele and brought on Marshall, is what went wrong. Two up front at all times. Simple as that 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Naby.

That is all.
    Was going to say the same, hope he has big pockets!
    He's got pockets like a TARDIS.
  • Ex Spanner......comes off the Downham Estate.
    Got man of the match in our recent game at their place......I was impressed with him too.
    I’ll be having a word with him so don’t worry and he comes from West wickham was at wall with my son
  • cazo said:
    Ex Spanner......comes off the Downham Estate.
    I’ll be having a word with him so don’t worry and he comes from West wickham was at wall with my son
    I can assure you he was brought up on the Downham Estate.....he may well have moved to WW after signing with The Spanner’s......and who could blame him!
  • I agree Marquis is definitely the obvious danger man.
    He's far better than his Millwall days.
    He has the skill of finding space and being in the right place at the right time, like all top strikers.
    We definitely need to stop him.
  • West wickham all day long 
  • Forgot about the abandoned match 
    we got no chance now
    the footballing gods will even this out
    and if we avoid that no one in their sane mind could expect anything but a payback defeat to Sunderland 
    need Pompey in the final

and if we avoid all that we have 25 consecutive wins against millwall to follow 
  • edited May 2019
    cazo said:
    West wickham all day long 
    I spoke to him after the game and he quite clearly said he was from The Downham Estate, never mentioned WW.
  • Sponsored links:

• cazo said:
    I spoke to him after the game and he quite clearly said he was from The Downham Estate.
    millwall , trying to look hard and all street 
  • I'm nervous already.

Need to get back for the 17th at the latest...
  • After next Friday he’s going to be crying all the way back to West Wycombe (via “The Downham Estate”)
  • Ravenswood lad, you’ll be able to spot him in beckenham on a Saturday night 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Ravenswood lad, you’ll be able to spot him in beckenham on a Saturday night 
    Correct played for Greenwich borough TIL 12-13 then fisher then had the choice wall or palace good friends with the boy Holland from Bromley same school the only dowmham bit about is his got mates from the clubs he played for on there nick name was fat head
  • I agree Taylor is definitely the obvious danger man.
    He's far better than his Millwall days.
    He has the skill of finding space and being in the right place at the right time, like all top strikers.
    We definitely need to stop him.
    Donny Life this morning
  • Quite funny listening to him post match amongst all those Yorkshire accents.

He played very well against us.
  • cazo said:
    I spoke to him after the game and he quite clearly said he was from The Downham Estate.
    millwall , trying to look hard and all street 
    A lot of if’s with what I am about to say but if we get promoted and if Goldfinger is prepared to give us a decent budget to sign a few players I wouldn’t mind seeing him in an Addicks shirt.
    I fancy he himself wouldn’t mind the move one little bit but of course Donny wouldn’t be happy to let him get away that easily.
    Anyway....I’m letting the situation run away with myself here, there’s a lot to do before we start thinking along the lines of incoming transfers.
    Steady on SoundAs!
  • I nearly got him in a Charlton shirt a few years back
  • edited May 2019
    Marquis is definitely from West Wickham. He attended Hawes Down Primary School.