Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Rochdale post-match thread 2019

Comments

• Brilliant result. Upset at missing today’s match but months ago I booked for my wife and I to walk the Coast to Coast route from St Bees in Cumbria to Robin Hoods Bay near Scarborough. Currently in Kirkby Stephen. Was constantly looking at the results on my phone in an Indian restaurant early evening hoping we could hang on to third place as now I will be back in time to go to the home game against Doncaster.
    Kirkby Stephen is nice. If you’re looking for a place to drink/ eat, Bay Horse in Winton does great food!
    Thanks much for the recommendation but we walk on again this morning. Just a short 13 miler today to Keld across the Yorkshire Dales. Hoping I can get a mobile signal on Monday morning when the tickets for the home leg go on general sale!
  • Superb display - oozing energy, skill and hard work.  Special mention to young Albie- the kid is absolutely superb.  Bauer again criminally under-marked ; great defensively as usual and his distribution was outstanding yesterday
  • leefender said:

The size of the that shirt. Why were they so big? Look ridiculous now...
  • Bookies have us Sunderland and Pompey 12/5 Donny 9/2
    Could of made a profit already.
    We were 4/1 a few days ago
  • Bookies have us Sunderland and Pompey 12/5 Donny 9/2
    I think that will be based on where they expect punter's money to go due to the size of Portsmouth and Sunderland's names. The fact they're playing each other should make us slight favourites by itself. Also, If you look at second half of the season form, there's clearly three form teams and the other two have been promoted already.

Let's just hope we don't put in a Shrewsbury type performance again this year.
  • One of my favourite games I’ll remember. We steamrolled a team and my kids loved it.

come on lads, three games. That’s all

It was was a great game to be at with kids , took my youngest and he absolutely loved it he even woke up this morning trying to sing Allez allez 
  • Pompey & Mackems percentage support per head, who gives a fuck..

Were Charlton Athletic and were going up!
  • It’s the quality of the support that counts...
  • masicat said:
    Change the Barnsley defeat to a win, and we get promoted.Small margins.
    We deserved something  from the game at Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    Did we?

We were awful for large periods of that game... Only thing Id say is Barnsley only scored thanks to two class goals that could have gone anywhere
  • Did love Bowyer's comments about that fourth goal - So often Managers will say that they dont look at the League Table or wont monitor other results

Had a feeling the way we went goal crazy in the first half as though Bowyer knew exactly what was needed

I know Bielik and Taylor needed treatment at one stage each yet thought the changes were first class, especially when Aribo got taken off as well
  • edited May 2019
    Bloody hell.  Great result and fine performance over the last 10 games to reach 3rd.

Edited to remove a big negative rant about the future....
  • masicat said:
    Are we talking about 29th December 2018 Barnsley game
  • Spanish said:
    leefender said:

The size of the that shirt. Why were they so big? Look ridiculous now...
    You should go and wash your mouth out with soap and water! 
  • masicat said:
    Did we?

We were awful for large periods of that game... Only thing Id say is Barnsley only scored thanks to two class goals that could have gone anywhere
    Agree that we had an off day and we’re below par but in all honesty Barnsley were little better and as you say their two goals came out of nowhere and could have gone anywhere too. I thought it was a pretty drab game considering we and they were two of the leagues fancied runners.
    I came away thinking that (as the away team), we just about deserved a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also the crowd sang "we want Roland Out" so clearly they thought about the ownership.
  • Great day out, and I was happy circumstances got me to the Valley yesterday. We really could have got more with a bit of luck. I felt sorry for Parker, and will add he didm't hide and kept trying. You can't ask anyone for more than their best. Just bad luck he stepped in to replace a better player.
    How was that not a red card for Keohane in the second half?
  • It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

What the Dickens:
    The problem is we have a right Charlie of an owner and we may just be left with bitter sweet memories.

• Did anyone during yesterdays game give a thought as to who owns the club,this was football and entertainment of the highest order,played by a bunch of lads who clearly played for the shirt.A special word about Parker,he had some dodgy moments but not once did he hide ,respect to the man.The atmosphere at the club is the best for many years,personally,not condoning Rolands stewardship ,if I could witness this sort of football every week,I could not care less who owns the club.Maybe I will change my mind if certain contract issues are not resolved,but at the moment the sole concern should be about what happens on the pitch.
    Problem is.......and it's s very big problem......that if we don't get promoted you won't be seeing "that"" type of football because half of the players on show yesterday will have left come July. Out of the midfield only Morgan would be left,  Bauer will be leaving & possibly Sarr too. Don't expect Taylor to hang around either if an offer comes in (mainly because RD will want the money). So we'll be left with Parker up front & a load of kids filling the rest of the team. Good luck with that one then. 

Oh.......and LB just might walk too. 

The next 3 games are MASSIVE . 
    “The next 3 days are MASSIVE imho.”

Oh really.....we never would have known.
  • Did anyone during yesterdays game give a thought as to who owns the club,this was football and entertainment of the highest order,played by a bunch of lads who clearly played for the shirt.A special word about Parker,he had some dodgy moments but not once did he hide ,respect to the man.The atmosphere at the club is the best for many years,personally,not condoning Rolands stewardship ,if I could witness this sort of football every week,I could not care less who owns the club.Maybe I will change my mind if certain contract issues are not resolved,but at the moment the sole concern should be about what happens on the pitch.
    Problem is.......and it's s very big problem......that if we don't get promoted you won't be seeing "that"" type of football because half of the players on show yesterday will have left come July. Out of the midfield only Morgan would be left,  Bauer will be leaving & possibly Sarr too. Don't expect Taylor to hang around either if an offer comes in (mainly because RD will want the money). So we'll be left with Parker up front & a load of kids filling the rest of the team. Good luck with that one then. 

Oh.......and LB just might walk too. 

The next 3 games are MASSIVE imo. 
    Golf could this not happen even if we are promoted.
    The players who would be out of contract might want more money because we are in the championship.
    If Roland doesn't want to pay more they could still walk