Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Rochdale post-match thread 2019

Emphatic win. 

Comments

• WOW! What else can you say?
  • I want a Sunderland final, My Mackem mate has been giving me shit for years about the play off final
  • Laddick01 said:
    Do you know what the sad thing is. Bowyer has done this all with no money and an owner who gives him no support.

Something very Chris Wilder like about him. I have no doubt with the right backing he could lead us to the Prem. 
    I'd prefer to compare him to someone closer to home:

Lord Llewellyn of Wembley.
  • Takes me about 35 mins to Doncaster!
  • leefender said:
    I want a Sunderland final, My Mackem mate has been giving me shit for years about the play off final
    Wibble wibble 
  • leefender said:
    I want a Sunderland final, My Mackem mate has been giving me shit for years about the play off final
    We beat them....how is he in a position to give you shit. Surely you just sing the super Clive song to him & laugh.
    Yeah he whinges on a regular basis about it, so I reply with a pic of Clive scoring
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone there know what Bowyer said ? 
  • Anyone there know what Bowyer said ? 
    va te faire foutre au Belge ?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Anyone there know what Bowyer said ? 
    ‘We did it without you - you sprout eating tosser.”

How you know I like sprouts 🙂
  • Takes me about 35 mins to Doncaster!
    It takes the rest of us hours......thankfully 
  • Southbank said:
    Turns out we are better than any other teams than the top two. What an achievement for Bowyer, who started the season with an inadequate squad, lost key players through injury and saw his top scorer sold halfway through the season. He has to be up there already with our best managers, bar Seed and Curbishley.
    Best win rate, albeit on a lot less games but in the face of considerable adversity.
  • As @redlanered said to me at the end, Portsmouth and Sunderland fans could be celebrating that they've missed playing us in the semi.
  • How many owners wouldn’t go to the play off final at Wembley?

Says it all.
    Not to defend Roland at all, but quite a few owners don't go to many games.

Sheikh Mansour, Stan Kroenke, the Glazers, Joe Lewis all hardly ever go to their clubs games. Admittedly they're all slightly better run than we are though............
  • Blinking eclipse, we’ve only gone and got 3rd spot!
  • Southbank said:
    Turns out we are better than any other teams than the top two. What an achievement for Bowyer, who started the season with an inadequate squad, lost key players through injury and saw his top scorer sold halfway through the season. He has to be up there already with our best managers, bar Seed and Curbishley.
    I'm not sure we have any other 'best managers' other than Seed and Curbishley.
  • Southbank said:
    And if the season just went on for another week or two we'd be better than the top 2.
  • Igor's thigh tightened up in training on Thursday. Bowyer didn't wanna risk him. If he's limited to some light work at the beginning of the week, I reckon he'll be right as rain for the playoffs
  • Was playing cricket but it seems clear that we have to play with two up front regardless of circumstances throughout the playoff campaign. Congratulations and let's see what they can do now the pressure's on