Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amid the Play Off euphoria, what is RD’s business plan for 2019/20?

I get everyone’s excitement of the upcoming play offs, of course. At any level, these games have the potential to be fascinating contests.

But, what comes after it’s all done? If we win at Wembley, it will be a great day, but who will be manager and will be have a better squad, the sameish squad or, maybe, an even weaker squad? If we don’t make it and I estimate that at a 3 in 4 chance, what is happening next season?

I cant believe RD doesn’t have any business plans for next season. Maybe, CAST can put some pressure on RD to tell us, as customers if that’s what we are, what to expect next year?

Whilst there’s plenty of excitement ahead in the play offs, I have no idea what comes next.

Comments

• Sell (players) 
  • Roland wants out because we are a bunch of ungrateful snivelling shitweasels who are too dim to understand his and Thomas's masterplan.
    When we get the promotion he will sell Lyle Taylor to millwall and Bowyer will become manager of crystal palace.

Coyr
  • edited May 2019
    If we had a good owner there would be two plans. With this owner there is unlikely to be any other than to try to recoup as much money as possible. I am determined to enjoy the moment.
  • The most likely scenario imo will be if we stay in L1, Bowyer manager, we lose players like Bauer and Aribo, retain the same budget as this season and hopefully make another round of astute signings and loans like we did last summer.

If we go up, Bowyer will be manager, budget will be upped accordingly, squad won’t look much too different to now with a lot of players given new contracts. Maybe lose Bauer still
  • Doubt RD has given a seconds thought to next season. When he does, he will appoint a cheap as chips manager, there will still be no senior management team and he will fill the huge first-team gaps with freebies, journey-men and under-equipped youth players. And will sell Taylor and Aribo, not re-investing the cash. Forgive me if this possible scenario does not make me rush out and buy a season ticket.
  • Mrkinski said:
    Doubt RD has given a seconds thought to next season. When he does, he will appoint a cheap as chips manager, there will still be no senior management team and he will fill the huge first-team gaps with freebies, journey-men and under-equipped youth players. And will sell Taylor and Aribo, not re-investing the cash. Forgive me if this possible scenario does not make me rush out and buy a season ticket.
    I agree with this except I for one thing.  I'd guess RD has given someone a week's work to find out how many cost-cutting measures he can put in place regardless of which division we're in.
  • I'm just hoping that Roland has agreed a price to sell the club if we gain promotion  (long shot I know ).
    If we fail to win promotion and Roland doesn't sell then next season will be a disaster. 
  • The most likely scenario imo will be if we stay in L1, Bowyer manager, we lose players like Bauer and Aribo, retain the same budget as this season and hopefully make another round of astute signings and loans like we did last summer.

If we go up, Bowyer will be manager, budget will be upped accordingly, squad won’t look much too different to now with a lot of players given new contracts. Maybe lose Bauer still
    this .. our play-off success or failure will determine the future for good or bad .. I am sure that we will get promotion come the end of May .. I would go so far as to say that it is imperative that we get prompted 
  • We don't go up.................Bowyer leaves for another job and Jackson takes over.

We go up..........Bowyer and Jackson stay and they continue to get f***** about with players coming in.

As for when we get sold, dear me, that is a question that cannot be answered.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Have Igor and Jake been offered new / lower terms?

Based on the Vetokele we're seeing at the moment I'd love to see him stay
  • Have Igor and Jake been offered new / lower terms?

Can they be offered lower terms?
  • Have Igor and Jake been offered new / lower terms?

Can they be offered lower terms?
    Yes, they can.
  • So much riding on these play off games. If we don’t go up, all our loanees will go back, majority of our players won’t sign a new contract, anyone half decent (like taylor) will be sold, and Bowyer might not be our manager for next season. If we fail to get promoted, I can see us getting relegated next season if Roland doesn’t sell up
  • Sell anyone for whom there is a decent bid.
    Spend no money on transfer fees.
    Continue to send LDT to meetings to tell us the Aussies haven't submitted the required paperwork but there have been at least 3 accepted bids.
  • Promotion or not I assume Roland will allow all out of contract personnel to leave including management.
    Then the club continues with loans, crocked player free transfers, and remnants. Someone very naive might become 'coach', their main attribute being compliance. 
  • What I'd give to see Roland's fag packet.
  • If we don't manage to win the play-offs and there is no sale of the club, I fear that we will be looking into the abyss.
  • I imagine it will be more of the same if we're in L1, with Roland covering (smaller) losses as for some reason he prefers to do this than cut his losses and sell.

Bowyer or whoeever will have a budget which will be enough to keep us competitive in this league, but not enough to make us a favourite for promotion. People forget how small many of the teams are in L1 and the tiny budgets they operate with.

Losing Bauer and Igor will make a big dent in the wage bill, any replacements will be freebies or for minuscule fees. Gallen is as important to keep as Bowyer, in recent years we've brought in decent talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland wants out because we are a bunch of ungrateful snivelling shitweasels who are too dim to understand his and Thomas's masterplan.
    When we get the promotion he will sell Lyle Taylor to millwall and Bowyer will become manager of crystal palace.

Coyr
    Vinegar Pissers. 
  • I keep saying on this forum that I’m not usually a pessimist but I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel unless, of course, RD goes. If we go up, I fear we will struggle badly. If we stay down, I am convinced that the squad will be weaker next year. 

The two main advantages of going up for me are, firstly, that someone may buy us and, secondly, that we will be no lower than L1 in 2020-21.