Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone know these fans?

We had a big donation of black and white photographs taken by fan Brian Slater.

Will be displaying them in the Fans' Room in the Museum but would love to find out who they are and see who is still attending.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    John Mumford was a Unigate milkman, worked out of their Brockley depot if I’m not mistaken.
  • John Mumford was a Unigate milkman, worked out of their Brockley depot if I’m not mistaken.
    Which is why he's holding screw top cow's udder.
  • Red Robin said:
    The third photo is of  three gentlemen who sat next to me and my Mum and Dad in the North Stand when first moved back to The Valley.  We didn't know them at the time but when the East Stand was built they moved to Block G East Stand with us becoming good mates.

The guy with the bottle is John Mumford, the one in the middle we only knew as Alan and the third chap was Peter Petit. Unfortunately Peter and Alan passed away a number of years ago, but John is still sitting with us in the East Stand.

I knew a Peter Petit who supported Charlton at the time from Peckham. I can't say I recognise him in the picture but then I knew him when we were only 10 years of age. Do you know if he came from that area? 
  • Red Robin said:
    The third photo is of  three gentlemen who sat next to me and my Mum and Dad in the North Stand when first moved back to The Valley.  We didn't know them at the time but when the East Stand was built they moved to Block G East Stand with us becoming good mates.

The guy with the bottle is John Mumford, the one in the middle we only knew as Alan and the third chap was Peter Petit. Unfortunately Peter and Alan passed away a number of years ago, but John is still sitting with us in the East Stand.

Thanks @Red Robin great info
  • Great photo's I must say.
    Love em.
  • When I knew and sat with Peter Petit he was living in the Bromley area . As mentioned this was in the years of CAFC return to the Valley  so a lot later than when he was around 10 , so I  never really know where he grew up sorry
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Brian Slater, the photographer, the same chap who used to print in the darkroom at Aston University when I was there in the early 1980s?
  • Red Robin said:

I've got that picture hanging up on my wall and another one that was bought for me at the same time , think there's something on the back of one of them about the print
  • Standard I took pic the wrong way round 
  • This was on the back of pic above from the same framers where Henry’s 3rd photo came from., well the one I have .. 

• Which one is you, OohAah?

I reckon the grumpy bloke on the left, trying to work out percentages in his head.

• @oohaahmortimer and a young @Nicholas
    chewing the fat :-)
  • @oohaahmortimer

That's from the same exhibition I reviewed for the programme in 2005.

Brian has given us the original framed prints from the show plus a few he's taken out of the frames.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the bloke in the middle Julian Assange? 
  • Redskin said:
    John Mumford was a Unigate milkman, worked out of their Brockley depot if I’m not mistaken.
    Which is why he's holding screw top cow's udder.
    I wonder if he has been to a dentist recently.
  • LMHR said:
    I’m the bloke with the ibs burger. Still going to games. Got a season ticket in the lower north 
    Cheers @LMHR. You're gonna be in the Museum

I don't want to make a song and dance of this but is that Mumford & Sons
  • I’m not far off the age where I should be in a museum