Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    The biggest issue for the world is over population. I suggest we give each of these protesters a gun and a single bullet, or a length of rope and see how committed to the cause they really are. 
    "The biggest issue for the world is over population."

Probably the other way round actually!

The number of children being born in the world each day is now decreasing so there will soon not be enough young people to care for or pay old people's pensions. Our grand children seem happy enough now but they may not feel quite so lucky in fifty years time!
  • That's the tory press for you mate...
  • That's the press for you mate...
    Honestly mate, if you're still believing one perceived side of the press over the other, more fool you. It's all skewed, if not all total BS imo 
  • That's the press for you mate...
    Honestly mate, if you're still believing one perceived side of the press over the other, more fool you. It's all skewed, if not all total BS imo 
    So it isn't a Tory paper then? Gerraawy with ya.  
  • MrOneLung said:
    The biggest issue for the world is over population. I suggest we give each of these protesters a gun and a single bullet, or a length of rope and see how committed to the cause they really are. 

The number of children being born in the world each day is now decreasing so there will soon not be enough young people to care for or pay old people's pensions. Our grand children seem happy enough now but they may not feel quite so lucky in fifty years time!
    Depopulation is a good thing. Once the robots take over, all will be fine
  • iainment said:
    Your opinion or a fact?
    Going by the amount of UK based hatcheries (and the amount of birds each one turns out) vrs the amount of birds released, why would "millions" of birds be imported?
    So informed opinion then. ;-)
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Your opinion or a fact?
    Going by the amount of UK based hatcheries (and the amount of birds each one turns out) vrs the amount of birds released, why would "millions" of birds be imported?
    So informed opinion then. ;-)
    Basically yeah. Which is a lot more than Peckham and his ilk usually have
  • The sunburn ffs -

Clearly photoshopped. No one has bandy legs like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

I have been asked to CUM out of retirement to get the population back up

• That's highly childish Daz
  • MrOneLung said:

Well I have just checked the list of fastest growing populations and none of them contribute to our pensions payments yet all of them contribute to environmental damage so not sure what your point is. 
  • This whole Greta Thunberg thing. Not so much annoying, just weird I think
    couldn't agree more, she should be on news round not THE news.

Addressing UK Parliament? There's a few British people who'd like to do that for whatever reason (including climate change) and would never get the chance and She is speaking on behalf of who exactly?

All a little contrived and stage managed imo

Addressing UK Parliament? There's a few British people who'd like to do that for whatever reason (including climate change) and would never get the chance and She is speaking on behalf of who exactly?

All a little contrived and stage managed imo
    also, why isn't the little fucker in School?
  • Sponsored links:

• The bigger picture is that the UK is going in the right direction and EVERYONE already knows the score with regards to climate change. I'm not giving Greta Thunberg stick personally and I didn't realise she had Aspergers, but it makes it even worse imo. There are so many causes that need addressing by the UK government, why use a Swedish girl with Aspergers to address them on a topic that's already in hand?

As far as the other protests, they're targeting the wrong people imo. What are they trying to achieve by bringing London to a standstill? They'll all go back to their Cotswold cottages and have their agas pumping after a hard day protesting
  • The Greta haters are in good company:

https://www.indy100.com/article/greta-thunberg-climate-change-brendan-oneill-spiked-8882556

https://www.indy100.com/article/greta-thunberg-toby-young-climate-change-extinction-rebellion-twitter-8883736?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0J2hlwU9um4Cya2979PZRgiSU74yKXNmTNjC9S6ZzvnzMBzZNXnjcp9tU#Echobox=1556101196

Nice people eh?

So protesters making your commute or days shopping a bit difficult is not the answer, fair enough. Voting Green is not the solution, okay. Now a young dedicated campaigner who seems to have caught the attention of some of those who matter is not the answer either.

Climate change is real - if you disagree with all the above, I ask again - what do you suggest should be done?    
    Theres loads of people who have causes that are massive in their lives, but they don't get the chance to address parliament, in Sweden, or the UK. They may get half with the local MP, but that is all.

Don't twist another thing into something it's not. I don't hate the girl and if she was doing the rounds on topical TV shows, fair enough.
  • The bigger picture is that the UK is going in the right direction and EVERYONE already knows the score with regards to climate change. I'm not giving Greta Thunberg stick personally and I didn't realise she had Aspergers, but it makes it even worse imo. There are so many causes that need addressing by the UK government, why use a Swedish girl with Aspergers to address them on a topic that's already in hand?

As far as the other protests, they're targeting the wrong people imo. What are they trying to achieve by bringing London to a standstill? They'll all go back to their Cotswold cottages and have their agas pumping after a hard day protesting
    I like a good pumping after a days protesting.

https://www.indy100.com/article/greta-thunberg-climate-change-brendan-oneill-spiked-8882556

https://www.indy100.com/article/greta-thunberg-toby-young-climate-change-extinction-rebellion-twitter-8883736?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0J2hlwU9um4Cya2979PZRgiSU74yKXNmTNjC9S6ZzvnzMBzZNXnjcp9tU#Echobox=1556101196

Nice people eh?

So protesters making your commute or days shopping a bit difficult is not the answer, fair enough. Voting Green is not the solution, okay. Now a young dedicated campaigner who seems to have caught the attention of some of those who matter is not the answer either.

Climate change is real - if you disagree with all the above, I ask again - what do you suggest should be done?    
    If people disagree with climate change, why would they suggest anything should be done?

Climate change has to start at the big companies and feed down to the consumer. The consumer will always choose the cheapest, most easily accessible, best value for money they can get.

Therefore remove their options for the cheaper, longer lasting plastics. 

Are you even aware that 94% of all plastic can be turned back into oil to be reformed back into plastic or re-purposed as fuel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-43418391/the-firm-turning-plastic-into-oil

They need a big investment now in order to achieve the growth the planet needs in a quarter of the time.

Climate change is real btw and I don't live or work in the city so have so far been completely unaffected by protests. The largest issue with all of this is that Britain is not able to control the countries that are doing the most damage to the planet. 

It's a combination of people making the conscious choice to use non-recyclable plastics less and organisations heavily moving towards recyclable packaging and products that will get us there. 

p.s the new Macca's paper straws are shite for milkshakes, but then Macca's is shite too.

• Fred Perry’s terrible garments these days and the total gimps they have modeling them. 

Nice people eh?

I suggest getting the Chinese & the US on board first......or do you think that the pollutants they emit just stop at their borders.... ?? No point me recycling my plastic bottles when the US is pumping out more fossil fuel than we ever did 40 years ago. 

• My own rant now. Cold callers....

At least get my fecking name right !!  Can I speak to addickgolf (surname / first nane)

No you fecking can't. No one here of that name. Now piss off. 

• Climate change is real - if you disagree with all the above, I ask again - what do you suggest should be done?    
    Noone, as far as I can see, said climate change isn't a problem.  What I personally do, is sort my waste out as I'm told to, go to work and let the powers that be set the rules after being advised by scientists and researchers. I ain't got time to sit in the road, stopping other people going about their business, and making cars sit idle, thus causing more pollution 
  • My own rant now. Cold callers....

At least get my fecking name right !!  Can I speak to addickgolf (surname / first nane)

No you fecking can't. No one here of that name. Now piss off. 
    Cold callers who begin "Hello, how are you today?"

"Why do you want to know?" tends to floor them
  • Don't ever live in France if you don't like cold callers.