Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deon Burton in Varney Out?

edited November 2008 in Rumours
http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=133451

Comments

• sad isnt it the level of players we are now linked with.
  • not sure how i would feel on this. on 1 hand he has been about and scored goals at CCC level but all these loans makes me feel uneasy.
  • Personally Id rather keep Varns.
    Whenever I see we are after a player who a team are offloading I see who they are buying to replace him and wonder why we arent trying for him instead?
  • this has to be a joke doesn't it ? One league goal this season ? Just what we fecking need eh.
  • These threads are of Daily Mail hysteria level sometime
  • Is that the sound of a barrell being scraped in SE7.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]These threads are of Daily Mail hysteria level sometime

Yeah, but this is pish poor, even by current standards! And i'm a rose tinted glasses wearer of the first degree!
  • If Varney goes, Gray gets given some time off and we don't get anyone in - who would be your front two pairing on Saturday?

Dickson and Toddy?
  • Trust in Parks
  • God no.

Had enough loan players. We're not even a football team anymore, more like a training camp for other clubs to send their players to get a few games in.
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah but if Burton and McEverly come in that's seven loanees and we can only have five in the match day 16 so that means paying two guys who can't even play. Unless we send Cranie and an other back.
  • Have to agree. It's getting silly now.
    Give Varney a rest but give McLeod, Dickson and Todorov a go - not rocket science is it
  • BBC Radio Sheffield reports that Jamaica international Burton, 32, will join the Addicks on loan with a view to a permanent move in January.

What!! are we planning for League One already?

This seems like a Parky signing, so does that mean we're not looking for a new perm manager?
  • edited November 2008
    And just for that stats fans - Burton is 32, 5ft10 and has only scored 27 in 124ap for Shef Weds - most of them in Lge 1.
  • What a joke we are.
  • who is authorising these moves. Give Dicko or McLeod a go first. I'd rather them all day over Burton. That's what we've done though isn't it - gone for a Burton !!
  • must mean they are keen on Parky to back him and allow loan players in, we must really have no other options.. if its parky just announce it and lets get on with it, if not for the love of god no more loan players!!!! we dont need strikers we dont need defenders we need a midfield general!!!
  • shocking player, give the boys here a chance.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]must mean they are keen on Parky to back him and allow loan players in, we must really have no other options.. if its parky just announce it and lets get on with it, if not for the love of god no more loan players!!!! we dont need strikers we dont need defenders we need a midfield general!!!

so, so true.
  • the end is nigh folks
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope this isn't true, a complete backward step.

I am getting really P*ss*d Off with the crap players linked to us for loans over the last 2 days. If we can't get better then don't bother and give the Dicksons/Izzy guys a go, at least we won't have more financial burden.

I have no probllem with bringing in another player on loan if you know the guy is a guaranteed goal scorer.

I would not dump Varney unless we are signing a rerasonable aged decent forward with a good track record.
  • NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............................we have gone for a right Burton as a club.............next thing Woolworths will be our next sponsor
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]the end is nigh folks

lol.

come on people. We got to keep it together. dont slash your wrists just yet.
  • Does Derek Hales own a set of boots?

Gawd.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]who is authorising these moves. Give Dicko or McLeod a go first. I'd rather them all day over Burton. That's what we've done though isn't it - gone for a Burton !!

Exactly. We've got 2 strikers desperate for a game, yet we're linked with this utter sh*t.
  • Petition should be done of who we think should be tried then whispered to derek chappell
  • i think deon burton scored the goal that sent millsmall down years ago
  • Sheer desperation! No No No No No

Izale and Dicko have got to be better. I don't mind giving Parkinson a chance, but if this is his choice then get Billy Davies or Big Sam in pronto!

Burton in and Varney out WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Whoever is authorising this crap, needs to stop, immediately. Getting this awful shite in won't help improve the first team and will only serve to dispirit the fringe players that any team in our situation needs to step up and perform.