Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Play-Off 2019 Final Match Thread - CHARLTON v

We have a great chance no matter who we play. I'm sure we'll get to the final. Every match thread I've started we have won.😀

Comments

• We have a great chance no matter who we play. I'm sure we'll get to the final. Every match thread I've started we have won.😀
    Didnt we think that last year and got beaten twice by Shrewsbury
  • It's the final thread mate. I'm sure we'll be in it.
  • We have a great chance no matter who we play. I'm sure we'll get to the final. Every match thread I've started we have won.😀
    Didnt we think that last year and got beaten twice by Shrewsbury
    I didn't start those match threads.
    I know its the final thread but you said I am sure we will get to the final, I was just saying we thought that last year and lost both semi finals 1-0
    I know its the final thread but you said I am sure we will get to the final, I was just saying we thought that last year and lost both semi finals 1-0
    We may not get to the final. But I think we will and so set up this thread. I guess I'm being superstitious, but it's worked before.
  • The thread exists therefore it’s now guaranteed. COYR
  • We’re gonna lose it on penalties , whoever we play against .
    weve used all our play off final luck up in 87-98-19?? Although looking at that after this years final 2050 is our next play off final 
  • We’re gonna lose it on penalties , whoever we play against .
    weve used all our play off final luck up in 87-98-19?? Although looking at that after this years final 2050 is our next play off final 
    Positive stuff. Nice one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solly 2. Bowyer got it wrong today by playing him upfront in the biggest game for years, especially as it meant leaving Taylor out. Thought Yao and Maynard-Brewer looked good. Jackson did well in his 500th game, but looked out of his depth at Right Back. 
    I’d have taken a 1-0 defeat before the game, but losing 7-0 is bit of a blow. 
  • edited April 2019
    I think I'll stick with my thoughts that the playoffs are something of a lottery in which we have a 1 in 4 chance of winning. This means that there is a 3 in 4 chance that we are still in League One next season.

• I remember it well. Still, my favourite game although I was abroad when we beat Sunderland. Was it really only £3 to see this memorable game?
  • edited April 2019
    Threads like this and singing songs like "Robbo what's the score" when 1-0 up yesterday are the kind of things that come back to bite us.
  • Lose 2-0 and win 3-1 in the return fixture Go through on away goals

Lose 6-0
  • edited April 2019
    I just hope this will be the longest and most enjoyable match thread on 26th May. Have a feeling it will be Sunderland again. 
  • Admin!!! Please sink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Admin!!! Please sink.
    Really!
  • edited April 2019
    I think Page will play in the run in, overcoming the weakness in our diamond. RB for me a problem. Neither CS or AD up to it. I have been shouted down for suggesting Beliek but we don't need two defensive midfielders (him and Cullen). He has pace, ability to beat players and decent range of passing.  Midfield shoe ins Cullen Aribo and Williams with options of Lapslie, Reeves, Fosu? Pratley, Marshall and perhaps JFC. My personal preference would be Morgan. If either striker is out, we are bolloxd
  • I think Page will play in the run in, overcoming the weakness in our diamond. RB for me a problem. Neither CS or AD up to it. I have been shouted down for suggesting Beliek but we don't need two defensive midfielders (him and Cullen). He has pace, ability to beat players and decent range of passing.  Midfield shoe ins Cullen Aribo and Williams with options of Lapslie, Reeves, Fosu? Pratley, Marshall and perhaps JFC. My personal preference would be Morgan. If either striker is out, we are bolloxd
    I think Bowyer knows if he really wants to improve the team then a new RB is needed I agree.

But given Bowyer and most of the team might not be here next season RB could be one of many problems to solve before next season begins.
  • I think we have one of the best keepers in the league, best CDs, doubt any midfielder in the league would even be 2nd choice off the bench. Although there are prolific goalscorers in the division, would not swop them for our front two, who will have a field day in the open spaces of Wembley, walking distance from where I grew up
  • edited April 2019
    Threads like this and singing songs like "Robbo what's the score" when 1-0 up yesterday are the kind of things that come back to bite us.
    I agree.....like gloating that we sent the Palace down ??.
  • Close this thread immediately 
  • stonemuse said:
    I agree.....like gloating that we sent the Palace down ??.
    That will always be worthwhile 
    Sha la la

• I was one of the 1,200'ish there that night.

Whilst we will never know, I am certain that if we were to have lost this game we would have not had the success that followed.

This victory will always be more important than 1998.  I dread to think what would have come of the club being in the second division playing to crowds of 3,000 at Sainsburys.

Long live Sir Lennie and Peter Shirtliff.
    Was it ticketed?  I seem to remember paying on the gate.  I’ve still got the programme/teamsheet and I would have expected to have kept a ticket.

Totally agree that it was the most important game I’ve ever seen