Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Women's team

Have I just seen that we are 3rd of the top division?

I always knew we was pretty good and have been for the last 10+ years. We have a high profile women's side and they are relatively successful.

Anyone on here attend the games?

Is it about time we took this side of the game a lot more seriously?

Should our lot receive better support from Charlton fans?

I don't know the answers to these questions because I have never been to a game. I do like the fact that times are changing though, and hopefully one day, women of the beautiful game will receive the same interest and will be taken more seriously until it evens up.

Maybe a MOTD ladies should become something. (Something similar) It would at least allow people to get to know more. Especially if a highlights show like that is on the beeb

Thoughts?

Comments

• Dave2l said:

No
  • rina said:

Dave2l said:

No
    I don't really know how the league's work. Said we was 3rd and spurs and Chelsea made 1st and 2nd.

Is it also a location thing? Northern and Southern parts of the UK have different leagues?
  • Dave2l said:

rina said:

Dave2l said:

No
    I don't really know how the league's work. Said we was 3rd and spurs and Chelsea made 1st and 2nd.

Is it also a location thing? Northern and Southern parts of the UK have different leagues?
    We are 3rd in 2nd division behind Man Utd and Spurs
  • Dave2l said:

rina said:

Dave2l said:

No

We are 3rd in 2nd division behind Man Utd and Spurs
    Ok, that makes more sense.

Still good to know and it's better to be more aware.
  • edited January 2019
    Dave2l said:

rina said:

Dave2l said:

No

pushing for promotion to the top division

there is a weekly motd style programme on bbc 1, The Women's Football Show
  • rina said:

Dave2l said:

rina said:

Dave2l said:

No

pushing for promotion to the top division

there is a weekly motd style programme on bbc 1, The Women's Football Show
    I will watch it on iPlayer :-)

Thanks
  • Been to a few home games and really enjoyable. Shame that often they play at home the day after CAFC so can't always attend both. They are pushing for promotion against a team like Man Utd who effectively bought a team and were allowed straight into the Championship!
  • Just seen we have Huddersfield at home Sunday 2nd February. 2pm.

Might make that my 1st game
  • Didn't know we play our home games in crayford.

It's FA cup 4th round v Huddersfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Didn't know we play our home games in crayford.

If Roland can't sell the club, Charlton's league matches will also be played at Crayford.

You heard it here first. :smile:
  • Dave2l said:

Just like the men then.

Huddersfield in the cup.
  • LenGlover said:

Dave2l said:

Just like the men then.

Huddersfield in the cup.
    You mean....the days when we worked so hard to get past the 1st and 2nd round.

Only for a Olly murs to draw us Huddersfield away via 3rd round draw

Which was for about 3 consecutive years :-)
  • Dave2l said:

Great ground, nice clubhouse bar, great beer and good food inside the ground.
  • Won 3-2 at Sheffield United this afternoon.
  • Saw the Women's cup final at Upton Park back in 2005 - good atmosphere and we actually won something.
  • The women play Huddersfield in the FA Cup this coming Sunday, myself and some of my fellow CasTrust Board members are sponsoring the game so pop down and support them through to the 5th round.
  • Charlton have been fined £500 for failing to provide oxygen during their abandoned Women's Championship match with Manchester United on 13 January.

League rules say clubs must have oxygen on site but when Charlton's Charlotte Kerr, 24, was seriously injured, medics had to use United's supply.

After an hour delay, the referee called off the game as there was insufficient oxygen left to cover it safely.

The Football Association says the game will be rescheduled for a later date.

Charlton have been found guilty of breaching rule 14.5, which states: "Clubs shall ensure emergency sports first aid equipment is present and in full working order at each competition match.

"Such equipment to include as a minimum a spinal board, cervical collar, fracture splints, crutches, stretchers, oxygen and a defibrillator."

Before they faced second-placed Manchester United they had already hosted nine games, including friendlies.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47016072
  • Markg2004 said:
    Copy /paste to that one, then close this thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tomorrows match against Huddersfield has been called off.
  • Tomorrows match against Huddersfield has been called off.

Cheers for that info...was about to check on the Womens site,was gonna be going down there meself...
  • Match at Valley v Millwall coming up
  • Cup game v Huddersfield rearranged for next sunday, ie 10th.
    Millwall game is next League home game on March 10th, although I don't think the ManU game has been rearranged yet.
  • 1-0 up v 2nd placed Spurs.

If it stays like this the table will look like this:

United 49 points +81 GD (already champions)
    Spurs 39 points +  13 GD
    Charlton 38 points + 23 GD
    Durham 38 points +23 GD

2 games remaining. 
    Last day is Durham v Spurs so Charlton could sneak 2nd if they win their remaining games.
  • Does that get promotion?

would we meet the criteria for top flight? 
  • 2nd gets promotion..........if you're awarded a license. Absolutely no idea if we qualify for that.

However we are now 2-0 up.
  • Sadly now 2-2
  • 2-3 now.

Promotion hopes blown in a miserable 30 minute spell.