Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Notre Dame

Comments

• Does anyone know if all artefacts were saved, because if they were and it was only the building that was damaged, reckon the place needed a lot more work than first thought and the fire was staged to get the funds for a full repair by donation.
  • .....or at least legitimise the French Government spending a few hundred €million on it, with the blessing of the majority of the French public. Mind control and all that
  • MrOneLung said:
    It was and is a massive part of the heritage of France and of Europe.  It symbolises the faith of millions and also the culture of the country, that's why people are so upset, it isn't about a building.

However, absolutely right:  ordinary people suffer calamity with no recognition at all, or a few weasel words in the papers or on the news.  Billionaires should be having money forcibly removed to provide safe housing and other essential services, rather than being able to choose where they are going to "donate" their ill-gotten gains for maximum kudos.  In my opinion, obviously.
    why ?

How about we forcibly remove funds from you to pay for other people less fortunate than you?
    Got to be honest, I do think that people that rich should chuck me a few hundred thou 
  • Certainly a good conspiracy theory if nothing else i_b_b_o_r_g

Reminds me of one of the Sharpe novels by Bernard Cornwell where he purchases some goods to return to the UK; that warehouse burns down before the items can be collected yet there is a second warehouse down the road which sells the exact same stuff - Sharpe does some investigating and turns out the two owners are cousins and are scamming people (he knew because helped people do it back here in England when he was younger)...

Now that was all fiction of course yet Cornwell does his research and imagine it was something that happened and probably still does in cases of fraud!!
  • Was gonna write to Roman Abromovich a while ago and tell him about me time spent up the shop, me transplant and Brexit affecting me etc, and ask for €100k and he wouldn't hear a peep from me ever again, but thought I'd feel better suffering for few years longer and trying to live long enough to earn €100k meself.
  • Certainly a good conspiracy theory if nothing else i_b_b_o_r_g

Reminds me of one of the Sharpe novels by Bernard Cornwell where he purchases some goods to return to the UK; that warehouse burns down before the items can be collected yet there is a second warehouse down the road which sells the exact same stuff - Sharpe does some investigating and turns out the two owners are cousins and are scamming people (he knew because helped people do it back here in England when he was younger)...

Now that was all fiction of course yet Cornwell does his research and imagine it was something that happened and probably still does in cases of fraud!!
    If the timbers in that spire roof needed replacing anyway......
  • Has Teresa May said what the assistance that the UK will be? 
    Going to throw in Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's as part of the Brexit deal
  • Sponsored links:

She's putting a crew together to reflect the combined grief of our nations via the medium of interpretive dance
    She's putting a crew together to reflect the combined grief of our nations via the medium of interpretive dance
    https://youtu.be/3XJdylAxTjw
    https://youtu.be/3XJdylAxTjw

AND that is exactly why we MUST LEAVE!
  • Leave it as it is and give the money to the living who need it. It's just bricks and mortar (and, it turns out, a lot of wood)!
  • edited April 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    It was and is a massive part of the heritage of France and of Europe.  It symbolises the faith of millions and also the culture of the country, that's why people are so upset, it isn't about a building.

However, absolutely right:  ordinary people suffer calamity with no recognition at all, or a few weasel words in the papers or on the news.  Billionaires should be having money forcibly removed to provide safe housing and other essential services, rather than being able to choose where they are going to "donate" their ill-gotten gains for maximum kudos.  In my opinion, obviously.
    why ?

How about we forcibly remove funds from you to pay for other people less fortunate than you?

This already happens.  it's called income tax and National insurance and council tax and VAT and prescription charges and opticians charges and dental charges.

Next.
  • Scoham said:

Please explain to me how it wasn't due to the actions of a huge invisible metal protecting flying turtle that is attracted to large fires...
  • so when it is Christianity/Catholicism it is okay to make jokes funny how when it is other religions it is a different set of rules. 
  • Sponsored links:

• But when I made a comment about wearing a burkha is ridiculous because we no longer live in medieval times ( a garment that is worn due to religion reasons ) I got flagged 5 times.....not intentionally starting an argument but just funny how it works on here. 
    You do have a point I must admit. 
  • But when I made a comment about wearing a burkha is ridiculous because we no longer live in medieval times ( a garment that is worn due to religion reasons ) I got flagged 5 times.....not intentionally starting an argument but just funny how it works on here. 
    Unless the people who flagged you are the same people who made the jokes, you don't really have a point. palarsehater said:
    so we've got France mourning a building that can be reperected with millions raised

and London being brought to its knees by some celery botherers. 
    I'm also not entirely sure what reperected means, but I assume you mean rebuilt, no, it can't. It will never be the same again.
  • MrOneLung said:

why ?

This already happens.  it's called income tax and National insurance and council tax and VAT and prescription charges and opticians charges and dental charges.

Next.
    So Billionaires are not subject to income tax, national insurance, council tax and VAT and prescription charges and opticians charges and dental charges then ?

Next.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!