Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Ifollow

Not sure if I see it on another thread but it mentioned no UK Ifollow for BH games and maybe have to watch on other VPN.

Ive just checked Oxford Ifollow and game is there for purchase for UK subscribers.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but couldnt find the thread.

Comments

• Thats interesting to know as when I checked the other day the Oxford website said that there wasnt a £10 UK Match Pass for the Charlton game

Will still turn the VPN on though so I can get the game cheaper than £10.
  • Ive purchased for £10 already mate, I know its £5 on european VPN and was perfect for Plymouth, it was a little ropey for Wycombe game so want to ensure its decent Friday.
  • Ive purchased for £10 already mate, I know its £5 on european VPN and was perfect for Plymouth, it was a little ropey for Wycombe game so want to ensure its decent Friday.
    What you could probably do is turn on the VPN to pay for the game and then turn it off whilst watching

After all its paid for against your account and cameras wont be turned off for IP addresses in the UK so presume it'll still be viewable
    What you could probably do is turn on the VPN to pay for the game and then turn it off whilst watching

After all its paid for against your account and cameras wont be turned off for IP addresses in the UK so presume it'll still be viewable
    Didnt work mate, stated couldnt work in my country so had to revert back to Belgium or Austria whatever.

I only got he VPN for the Saturday games really.

Got let down for Oxord ticket late on so gonna binge this then Pompey/Burton game with a beer and take away

Didnt work mate, stated couldnt work in my country so had to revert back to Belgium or Austria whatever.

I only got he VPN for the Saturday games really.

Got let down for Oxord ticket late on so gonna binge this then Pompey/Burton game with a beer and take away
    Had you tried that for a Saturday or midweek game though - If you'd tried for the former it was never going to work because of the blackout, there isnt a blackout for the midweek games so "shouldnt" get that message
  • not the most techy how do you do it is it as simple as going on the website and just paying for a one off game. 
  • not the most techy how do you do it is it as simple as going on the website and just paying for a one off game. 
    For the £10 option without using a VPN; go to the below link whenever you want before the game to subscribe and pay

https://www.oufc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

About 20mins before Kick-Off go to the below link where there will be a link saying "Watch Live"

https://www.oufc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/2018192/april/oxford-united-vs-charlton-athletic-on-19-apr-19/
  • Is the commentary any good or will it be oxford biased as it’s through them?
  • edited April 2019
    Is the commentary any good or will it be oxford biased as it’s through them?
    Completely hit and miss

I've found that some commentators are really REALLY good (Walsall's were the best) whilst was also impressed with Wycombe's - Plymouth's though wouldnt stop moaning and couldnt understand how we were a top five team whilst they werent though so you never know what they'll be like (Fraid I cant remember Oxford's commentators from last season)

If you have Valley Pass some people choose to use that and try to link the audio from CAFC with the visual of the team we're facing, I dont have VP though so never done that
  • Is the commentary any good or will it be oxford biased as it’s through them?
    The Oxford commentary from our home game was awful in that it was completely biased towards Oxford (understandably as it was an Oxford commentator).

As FA says above, if you have Valley Pass sync the commentary up to the pictures. That is what I do now (and have hours of fun trying to sync the stream and commentary up!). I enjoy the VP commentaries but trust me they are even more biased than most. (Every referee is the worst ever, completely biased against Charlton, denies us cast iron penalties but awards soft penalties against us etc!) 
  • Sponsored links:

• With you. I’m going to try Ifollow for the first time on Friday. Does anyone know how I can get the stream on a smart tv?
  • Luton's was really fair too.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Luton's was really fair too.

Thought he was a bit hit n miss at times I thought they were really good
  • I wish there was an option to turn commentary off!
  • Are we sure this is definitely going to be available for UK subscibers? Looking at the EFL Ifollow website it says this:

Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will also be unavailable.

• Ben18 said:
    I wish there was an option to turn commentary off!
    Have you tried the mute button?
    I just want to hear the crowd noise. Not some bloke doing a radio broadcast.

Luton's commentator screamed in celebration when they scored. So it was nice listening to him go back into his shell in the second half.
  • Are we sure this is definitely going to be available for UK subscibers? Looking at the EFL Ifollow website it says this:

100% available as per the link I provided a bit further up

Could be because its a 1pm KO so technically outside the UK blackouts laws of 3pm to 5pm

100% available as per the link I provided a bit further up

Could be because its a 1pm KO so technically outside the UK blackouts laws of 3pm to 5pm

I think that's right. If you go to https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/  pick UK/Ireland then select Oxford Utd, there is a list of fixtures not available on ifollow, and our one isn't one of them. I think it must be the 1 pm kick off.
  • Sponsored links:

Was kind off the reason I started the thread in the first place. 
  • I just registered and paid......I had difficulty signing in and had to contact both Oxford and iFollow.....neither of them said it wasn’t going to be available whilst at the same time giving me assistance.
  • IT IS CONFIRMED AS BEING ON IFOLLOW IN THIS WEB POST
  • I think it’s fair to say that the iFollow platform is not the best piece of kit you’re likely to come across.
  • I was really happy about the 1 pm kickoff, as that's actually a reasonable hour here, 9 pm, just as I finish work, lovely.

Then I remembered the clocks changed a few weeks ago, so it's actually 8 pm and I'll have one more class to teach.

B*******
  • I was really happy about the 1 pm kickoff, as that's actually a reasonable hour here, 9 pm, just as I finish work, lovely.

Then I remembered the clocks changed a few weeks ago, so it's actually 8 pm and I'll have one more class to teach.

B*******
    Cant you be one of those cool teachers and bring in a TV for the lesson.

Give the kids a bit of homework afterwards explaining why Robinson is such a fucktard!!
  • I wish, but my classes cost a fortune, the parents would be PISSED.
  • I think it’s fair to say that the iFollow platform is not the best piece of kit you’re likely to come across.
    When watching a normal UK stream paid for its been perfect. 
    When watching a normal UK stream paid for its been perfect. 
    When watching abroad, as it's intended, it's been perfect.

Most issues seem to arise when people try to use a VPN as a workaround, which seems harsh to blame ifollow for. They don't make the rules.
  • This is from the EFL website:-

What games are unavailable to watch live?

Games that take place inside the blocked hours of 14:45-17:15 on Saturday afternoons and games that are broadcast live on Sky Sports are unavailable to watch live. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will also be unavailable for streaming.