Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Hennessey

So, apparently, Wayne Hennessey didn't know what a Nazi salute is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

Judge said he "showed a lamentable degree of ignorance" about who the Nazis, Hitler and their salute was.

Now, we are supposed to trust the British justice system, but this is deeply concerning. It is a special kind of ignorance not to be aware of one of the most historical and instantly recognizable displays of support for the most noted fascist organization of all time.

We should also add that the day after his little antics, when Twitter started an uproar, he tweeted that it was not intended as a Nazi salute and he would never show support for such an awful regime or any of their principles. Did a swift History GCSE then didn't he....

Comments

• Just goes to show that Palace are able to pull the wool over the eyes of officials whether its in the penalty area or not!!
  • Not proven!!!! Do me a favour.

Apart from the salute he's got his other hand over his top lip to mimic the moustache (allegedly) and is sporting a Hitler haircut.

What's the opposite of a kangaroo court?

• I call chinny reckon on Mr Hennessey.
  • laughable, just goes to show how out of touch the court system is if they believed his story.
  • 2 of them did, the other felt he was a wrong 'un from the report I read. 

Interestingly, his 11th birthday was the day before Eric Cantona kicked a nazi at Selhurst Park. Don't they mention that when they sign anyone. 

• laughable, just goes to show how out of touch the court system is if they believed his story.
    Courts had nothing to do with it... Was an FA Panel
  • Apparently putting your hand over your top lip and the other arm outstretched like that helps to carry sound as he was telling someone to get on with taking the picture.

Lost for words how his lawyers have come up with that and it’s actually stuck, how they say they have no reason to believe it is untrue. Come off it, it’s disgusting.

Man up and face the consequences of the actions. Whether he is Palace or not, it’s diabolical.
  • Sponsored links:

• The FA is not fit for purpose. Absolutely stunning verdict. 
  • Awful, disgraceful decision imo. Look at the photo. 
  • It’s the FA, did you expect anything other than stoopid?
  • How did Wayne Hennessy explain his words to Max Meyer ?

2 nil, 2-nil, 2- nilllll.
  • FFS, I know he’s palace but can anyone really take offence at it?

People need to lighten up.
  • A 21 year old Chelsea fan in May 2016 got a 3 year football banning order and had his chelsea season ticket suspended after the 2-2 draw against Spurs when he was caught on camera giving 13 nazi salutes in 15 minutes.
    Fabian "made in Chelsea" Richardson said in his defence that he was waving to mates, though he couldn't name any of them !
    Fab Richardson was caught when a picture of him was put on the kick it out website.

The connection with Hennessy is he said he didn't know what a Nazi salute was !

• FFS, I know he’s palace but can anyone really take offence at it?

People need to lighten up.
    I’m more offended by the blatant lying.
  • Macronate said:

Not proven!!!! Do me a favour.

Apart from the salute he's got his other hand over his top lip to mimic the moustache (allegedly) and is sporting a Hitler haircut.

What's the opposite of a kangaroo court?

Old Bailey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Apparently putting your hand over your top lip and the other arm outstretched like that helps to carry sound as he was telling someone to get on with taking the picture.

Lost for words how his lawyers have come up with that and it’s actually stuck, how they say they have no reason to believe it is untrue. Come off it, it’s disgusting.

Man up and face the consequences of the actions. Whether he is Palace or not, it’s diabolical.
    Probably found this photo and thought get in... 

• Talal said:
    Sage said:
    Apparently putting your hand over your top lip and the other arm outstretched like that helps to carry sound as he was telling someone to get on with taking the picture.

Probably found this photo and thought get in... 

I believe that was his defence & produced photos showing him doing just that during a game. 

I woukd have just banned him for 6 matches for being ignorant & sent him to a holocaust museum to see for himself. 

Prick. 
  • There is a member on here (used to be prolific but doesn't post much anymore) who has a similar photo as his profile picture, presumably a photo of himself but I don't know for sure.  

• What's his problem with photographers? Impatient.  
  • Doing a hand action is not the same as being a “nazi” an offensive way to behave but not actually a nazi 
  • Footballer is a thick twat shocker!

They cannot all be Graham Le Saux you know...