Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 3-1 Luton

many thanks to the 95 Lifers who gave marks, a few remarks before the stats:
***The highest team score of the season***
***Almost the least shots at goal  by an opposing team this season*** (beaten by Wombles with 5)
***2nd highest team score since 2010*** ( beaten at Barnsley 0-6 in 2013 with 8.48)
Largest away support at the Valley this season

Comments

• Completely agree with this but a little surprised it wasn’t Taylor!
  • Very interesting stats, especially the second best team score since 2010. Rightly so too when you blow away and comfortably beat the league leaders like that. Although am a bit surprised some 11/12 performances didn't beat that team score.
  • edited April 2019
    Seeing as they were the most negative team I've ever seen, I have to wonder how many of those five Womble 'shots on target' where actually back passes and you're just being generous to them?
  • AA - they were shots at goal, not necessarily on target, just checked 3 were on target 
  • Could beat Bows promotion target & still not get top 2. Booo !!
  • ReeCAFC15 said:
    Very interesting stats, especially the second best team score since 2010. Rightly so too when you blow away and comfortably beat the league leaders like that. Although am a bit surprised some 11/12 performances didn't beat that team score.
    Some more generous markers this time I imagine...

In a way the 11/12 performances were undermarked as we were so good we expected us to win, even against the other top teams (Sheff Utd, Wednesday and Huddersfield)
  • Pleased to see Lapslie being used much  more. I don’t think he makes us any weaker when he is brought on with 20 minutes to go.
  • Forgot to score, but would have given it to Taylor with a 9.5.  Mainly because in the first half Bielik, Aribo and Cullen let Luton's midfield overturn possesion too many times without one of them sitting back.  Taylor chased, tackled and blocked the full match and looked a threat the whole match.  Bielik was not defensively effective in the first half.
  • Bowyer said a target of 92 points would guarantee automatic promotion, we could reach 91 and still be in play-offs, that is unlucky, I always thought 90 points would be top 2
  • I think Fosu's average score is a bit awry!
  • Sponsored links:

Don't think so, his average is 6.04 but I guess you are looking at his 7.87 which was at the bottom of the first page and refers to his average against Gillingham, understandable as I have but a thick red line above the Gills line.
    Don't think so, his average is 6.04 but I guess you are looking at his 7.87 which was at the bottom of the first page and refers to his average against Gillingham, understandable as I have but a thick red line above the Gills line.
    Yes. Me not looking properly. Must concentrate more and read fully before making comment. 100 lines.
    Yes. Me not looking properly. Must concentrate more and read fully before making comment. 100 lines.
    It's sniffing those 100 lines which caused your error
  • Sorry @lancashire lad but Bowyer got a red at Wimbledon.
  • Redhenry said:
    Sorry @lancashire lad but Bowyer got a red at Wimbledon.
    thanks RH
  • ross1 said:
    Bowyer said a target of 92 points would guarantee automatic promotion, we could reach 91 and still be in play-offs, that is unlucky, I always thought 90 points would be top 2
    It generally is. The average for second place is 86.7 and only one side has ever reached 90 points and not gone up automatically - Sheffield United in the year we won the league. But that is the highest points tally ever for third place and 91 points beats that.