Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Konsa to Palace?

In the Sun so probably rubbish but Palace are supposedly looking at buying Konsa from Brentford. Brentford value him at £15 million.

Roland you are such an idiot. (To be proved when he accepts a bid of 1.5 million for Taylor and £250k for Phillips in the summer) 

Comments

• I bet he accepts $1M flat for Taylor. That saves him a month of losses. :s
  • Did we have a sell on clause with Konsa? On past history I presume not.
  • Konsa isn’t rated that highly by Brentford fans if Twitter is anything to go by!
  • Has he been that great for Brentford? Can't recall reading many reports of him playing well, being MOTM etc.

On that basis i'd be surprised if Palace want to spend 15m on him. They'd probably be better off making a bid for Tomori who's on loan at Derby from Chelsea, won their player of the year and has played for England U21s this season.
  • Palace?

Come on Konsa, you're better than that.
  • Has he been that great for Brentford? Can't recall reading many reports of him playing well, being MOTM etc.

On that basis i'd be surprised if Palace want to spend 15m on him. They'd probably be better off making a bid for Tomori who's on loan at Derby from Chelsea, won their player of the year and has played for England U21s this season.
    Konsa has played for the U21s too hasnt he?

Agreed though it would be a surprising move considering the wealth of other players available in the Championship at the moment
  • Konsa isn’t rated that highly by Brentford fans if Twitter is anything to go by!
    Not totally sure about that. I work with a (fanatical) Brentford season ticket holder - he really rates him.

He also asked me recently if we had any other players they could nick for a song . Just proves how far we have fallen when effing Brentford think they can have the pick of our team. 
  • Konsa struggled for form when Bees played a dog shit right back called Daalguard. Fans didn't seem to realise why. Once Odubajo got back in the side and Ezri wasn't dragged out of position to defend the touchline, he improved.
  • I believe they were loving Konsa but a friend of mine says he hit some poor form around Christmas and has barely had a decent game since. Any link to Arsenal will be long gone IMO and he is probably better staying at Brentford for another year and playing regularly in the Champ. 
  • He's definitely on Palace's radar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland the visionary strikes again. Get a few quid now rather than waiting longer to get more (cf Lookman, Grant, Gomez)
  • Roland the visionary strikes again. Get a few quid now rather than waiting longer to get more (cf Lookman, Grant, Gomez)
    We got a good deal for Lookman albeit your point is valid. Gomez in particular was a shocking amount. 
  • edited April 2019
    As Konsa struggled in whatever position he played in for Charlton, I would be surprised if he could sign for a premier club. I must've missed his good games at the valley ? 

I use to laugh when Cousins was touted as a potential Arsenal Player. Mid table Champ player was always the best he would become unless he went back to CB. 
  • As Konsa struggled in whatever position he played in for Charlton, I would be surprised if he could sign for a premier club. I must of missed his good games at the valley ? 

I use to laugh when Cousins was touted as a potential Arsenal Player. Mid table Champ player was always the best he would become unless he went back to CB. 
    Fox to Man Utd was another strange one.
  • Addickted said:
    He's definitely on Palace's radar.

Palace were definitely looking at Konsa whilst he was at Charlton but my understanding is they were a little underwhelmed by his performances at right-back and in midfield. My guess is that they were prepared to explore other avenues and see if he made the step up to Championship. Plus circumstances change at clubs and a young centre-back might now be a priority for Palace.
  • The only youth players we have had that looked Premier League quality in recent(ish) years were Shelvey, Gomez & Lookman - Still in shock to this day that Jenkinson went to Arsenal, very average championship player in my opinion. I think Pope surprised almost everyone at the step up he made. From the current batch I would say only Aribo has PL potential although he is very raw
  • The only youth players we have had that looked Premier League quality in recent(ish) years were Shelvey, Gomez & Lookman - Still in shock to this day that Jenkinson went to Arsenal, very average championship player in my opinion. I think Pope surprised almost everyone at the step up he made. From the current batch I would say only Aribo has PL potential although he is very raw
    Phillips and Morgan maybe?
    Poyet looked top flight potential when he emerged for us first time round.
    The young Solly had PL potential, though his height probably counted against him vs Jenkinson.

Poyet too, he had that "class" on the ball which Cousins for example doesn't
    Would personally be very shocked if either of those ever play in the Prem, especially the latter. 
  • Sponsored links:

No chance, Phillips kicking isn't good enough for a Premier League keeper, and Morgan can't get into the side, nowhere near PL potential, if he was he'd be playing week in week out regardless
  • sam3110 said:
    The only youth players we have had that looked Premier League quality in recent(ish) years were Shelvey, Gomez & Lookman - Still in shock to this day that Jenkinson went to Arsenal, very average championship player in my opinion. I think Pope surprised almost everyone at the step up he made. From the current batch I would say only Aribo has PL potential although he is very raw
    No chance, Phillips kicking isn't good enough for a Premier League keeper, and Morgan can't get into the side, nowhere near PL potential, if he was he'd be playing week in week out regardless
    Albie Morgan only turned 19 this calendar year though and has only just gotten into the side - He's shown flashes of his ability yet needs to seriously fine tune other aspects of his game (mainly his ability off the ball); he's still young and has plenty of time to get noticed though, certainly dont think he's good enough at the moment.

Phillips could play in the Premier League one day reckon he'll either do a Neil Etheridge (promoted with someone) or the Ben Hamer / Rob Elliott route there though rather than how Nick Pope has managed to impress
  • As a potential PL player Bielik stood out a mile on Saturday from everyone else on the pitch.
  • As a potential PL player Bielik stood out a mile on Saturday from everyone else on the pitch.
    As good as the likes of Cullen and Aribo are I’d say Bielik has the most potential in this squad and he should go on to have the best career.
  • sam3110 said:
    The only youth players we have had that looked Premier League quality in recent(ish) years were Shelvey, Gomez & Lookman - Still in shock to this day that Jenkinson went to Arsenal, very average championship player in my opinion. I think Pope surprised almost everyone at the step up he made. From the current batch I would say only Aribo has PL potential although he is very raw
    Bear in mind Morgan has only just turned 19 and we have some very good midfielders.

For comparison Aribo turns 23 in the summer and he’s quite a bit bigger than Morgan.

Morgan could easily be a stand out player and regular in our team in 2 or 3 years time.
  • I think Aribo is far too inconsistent to ever be a really top player. He's not on the same level as players like Bowyer, Parker or Gomez were for us. Top half Championship player I reckon, and there's nothing wrong with that. 
  • Scoham said:
    As a potential PL player Bielik stood out a mile on Saturday from everyone else on the pitch.
    As good as the likes of Cullen and Aribo are I’d say Bielik has the most potential in this squad and he should go on to have the best career.
    Bielik's ultimate issue at the moment is remaining injury free

The sad reality for him is the fact that he could go a long way in the game but wont be surprised if he doesnt because he's always picking up some kind of niggling injury that rules him out for irritating periods
  • I think Aribo is far too inconsistent to ever be a really top player. He's not on the same level as players like Bowyer, Parker or Gomez were for us. Top half Championship player I reckon, and there's nothing wrong with that. 
    That is an area of his game he can improve. I do think he would be best doing that with us if we go up. It is quite an important stage of his career and it can be easy to derail your progress. I think he can go all the way but he needs to be smart about it.
  • edited April 2019
    Aribo is suffering by playing on the left and Sarr who is our go to distributor, always goes right to get a better angle so gets bypassed a bit. Plus Purrington is incapable of a forward pass to the guy in front of him. Something LB needs to work on.  The return of Page will help him greatly.