Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Ham

edited November 2008 in Other Football and Sports
Have failed at the High Court with their appeal so that is it they have to pay the Blades and cannot appeal to the court of Arbitration for sport

Comments

• Justice at long last ......?
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Have failed at the High Court with their appeal so that is it they have to pay the Blades and cannot appeal to the court of Arbitration for sport

But probably can go to the Court of Appeal to try and get the High Court decision reversed!

They won the World Cup you know!
  • But from my understanding you have to have leave to appeal, unless you can prove in a seperate case that the court was wrong to deny you leave to appeal.
  • 30 mil will push West Ham into the abyss they will sink faster than us..

They should have been docked points at the time, who knows what might have happend, might have given us a boost and stayed up, cant we sue them too ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]But from my understanding you have to have leave to appeal, unless you can prove in a seperate case that the court was wrong to deny you leave to appeal.

Hopefully you are right but West Ham are an "establishment" club. I can't help but feel there will be a loophole somewhere.
  • Well January may be interesting and due to Mr Darling their players will be even cheaper now!
  • http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h7Jgb_XnWbk1h0wpa3DpHdUdW9Uw
  • So basically they are allowed to go back to the high court in a year?

Until then with the financial turmoil affecting their owner and this hanging over them I cannot see anyone buying them and their slide should pick up speed
  • good news - but they should have been deducted points (ie relegated)
  • This may not go down well but I feel bloody sorry for their supporters.

I know they're somewhat rivals but its not nice these type of events happening to any set of fans who have had no influence on the idiots running the club - this could really threaten the club, definately in the Prem but I see a Leeds type situation developing as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]This may not go down well but I feel bloody sorry for their supporters.

I know they're somewhat rivals but its not nice these type of events happening to any set of fans who have had no influence on the idiots running the club - this could really threaten the club, definately in the Prem but I see a Leeds type situation developing as well.

The same supporters who lambasted the manager that saved them from relegation, finished 10th in the Prem and had them sitting 4th in the table when he resigned on a matter of principle?
  • WSS, it's easy to be flippant and rub the supporters' nose in it but I agree.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]This may not go down well but I feel bloody sorry for their supporters.

Really? I don't feel sorry for them at al, - look at how they treated Curbishley after he took them from the arse end of the prem to mid table safety.

Nasty little club in the main, with small-minded, vicious mugs as fans.
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2008
    You talking about us or them Len/Leroy?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You talking about us or them Len/Leroy?

Both clubs are reaping what they have sown....
  • That's the law of the jungle, Len ....... you reap what you sow,
    Amazingly, a lot of people don't know that.......(!)
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You talking about us or them Len/Leroy?

Both clubs are reaping what they have sown....

I don't think that's fair to say at all. After 15 years' of stability and careful building, the Curbs era came to a fairly natural and mutually agreeable conclusion. The Board made a new appointment in all good faith, and backed that with cash. We all know it then went pear-shaped, but it wasn't through any devious dealing, and it was just sod's law that we went down the season when the even bigger money rolled into the Prem. It still hurts to think back on it because it smacks of such bad luck - one bad decision in 15 years, and the timing and consequences couldn't have been worse.

Wet Spam, on the other hand, knowingly entered into a dodgy - illegal - deal, tried to cover it up/ hide the paperwork, used their influence with the FA/ Prem League to prolong it and escape proper punishment at the time, and, irony or ironies, even relied on part of that very dodgy deal in Tevez to save their skin. They should have been properly punished at the time, and deserve everything and more that comes their way now.
  • They cheated therefore they should be punished even if it is two years later, full justice will never prevail as they should have been relegated end of story. Don't feel remotely sorry for them, they cheated.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They cheated therefore they should be punished even if it is two years later, full justice will never prevail as they should have been relegated end of story. Don't feel remotely sorry for them, they cheated.

Don't feel sorry for the club AT ALL.

It's the fans I do feel sorry for, could potential lose their club.
  • Were we not above them when they were given the paltry fine instead of having points deducted? I'm sure we were. Therefore we should be sueing them as well as it definitely had an adverse affect on our survival prospects.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They cheated therefore they should be punished even if it is two years later, full justice will never prevail as they should have been relegated end of story. Don't feel remotely sorry for them, they cheated.
    Bet you'll still wear your West Ham scarf at the weekend though...
  • [quote]Posted By: LenGlover[quote]

Hopefully you are right but West Ham are an "establishment" club. I can't help but feel there will be a loophole somewhere.[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. For some reason West Ham lead a charmed existence with regards the FA. Strange how so many of their fans try so hard to perfect a humble, happy-go-lucky "proper fans" image. At least Arsenal, Chelsea etc., fans don't pretend to be something they're clearly not.