Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone driving from North Kent for the Luton Match?

Bit of a longshot/cheek, but I have/want to be in Broadstairs this evening to see the in-laws. I really don't fancy traversing 3,000 Luton fans outside Charlton station.
Is anyone travelling through North Kent and/or near the following and can help a fellow addick please?. Gravesend, Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Sittingbourne, Faversham, Whitstable, Herne-Bay, Birchington, Margate or beyond and has a spare seat for a lifelong Charlton supporter I'd be very grateful. Of course happy to pay petrol money. 

Comments

• If that fails walk to Woolwich dockyard station or hop on a bus to Woolwich.
  • I'd offer as I'm in Strood but due to illness am staying home and watching on iFollow today
  • Get a bus to North Greenwich [161,472,486]tube to Stratford,Train from Stratford International to Broadstairs.Plenty of direct trains from Stratford International.
  • another route would be if you could someone to drop you at Bromley South. you wou probably have to change at Rochester or somewhere 
  • redman said:
    another route would be if you could someone to drop you at Bromley South. you wou probably have to change at Rochester or somewhere 
    Is a good option as depending on the train could get a direct
  • I'd offer as I'm in Strood but due to illness am staying home and watching on iFollow today
    How will you be able to watch the game on iFollow if you are in The UK?
    How will you be able to watch the game on iFollow if you are in The UK?
    VPN
  • Oh right.......errrm, you won’t be surprised to know I don’t have a clue what that is.
  • Oh right.......errrm, you won’t be surprised to know I don’t have a clue what that is.
    So your computer location is set by the IP Address which is linked to your router - A VPN changes IP location to another country which makes iFollow think your in said country

Potential Streaming Services thread has more detail
  • Sponsored links:

• I think I am right in saying that there has been mixed success using this method and that iFollow have twigged onto it and somehow or other block the link......so good luck FA.
    I wish I was clued up how to get it together....... but infuriatingly it’s way beyond my ability.
  • I think I am right in saying that there has been mixed success using this method and that iFollow have twigged onto it and somehow or other block the link......so good luck FA.
    I wish I was clued up how to get it together....... but infuriatingly it’s way beyond my ability.
    Yeah can be a bit irritating today was... But once I've been able to pay up I've always had success watching
  • Good luck mate!
  • Forget the result did @PopIcon get a lift home
  • clb74 said:
    Forget the result did @PopIcon get a lift home
    I got the 1805 from Charlton and arrived at Broadstairs at 2005. They wanted £45 at Charlton station......
    Thanks everyone...
  • Charlton fans posting on Charlton Life about avoiding trains?  What is the world coming to? 
  • PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    I got the 1805 from Charlton and arrived at Broadstairs at 2005. They wanted £45 at Charlton station......
    Thanks everyone...
    You could've borrowed my network railcard
  • clb74 said:
    PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    Thanks everyone...
    I didn't pay £45, was going to buy a ticket on the train, but no one came around.
  • PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    Thanks everyone...
    I didn't pay £45, was going to buy a ticket on the train, but no one came around.
    I wonder would you have paid the petrol money you were offering? ;)
  • PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    PopIcon said:
    clb74 said:
    Thanks everyone...
    I wonder would you have paid the petrol money you were offering? ;)
    I tried to buy a ticket online...