Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prediction Knock Out Cup Finals Results - Congratulations to RedChaser and eaststandmike

At the beginning of January, 128 competitors dreamt of lifting some CL silverware in 2019, but the 2019 Prediction Knock Out Cup Champion is @RedChaser. As ever, his solid defence saw him home as he grabbed the first silverware of the CL Prediction season. A 1-0 win was enough to mean that @Bosseyedduck and his team were left to traipse down the tunnel at Wembley with nothing more than losers' medals. @eaststandmike was seconds away from winning the competition until Deeney's penalty in 90+4 for Watford equalised the FA Cup Semi Final scoreline.

In the Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup Final, @eaststandmike would have been popping a few corks after a 2-1 victory over @robroy. @robroy should have put more faith in Lee Bowyer's red and white army whereas @eaststandmike trusted Doncaster and Barnsley to achieve a narrow win.

So, now it's back to the League for the remainder of this season. The Prediction Cup will take place again in 2020.

Prediction Knock Out Cup Final
RedChaser v. Bosseyedduck 1-0
Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup Final
robroy v. eaststandmike 1-2

Comments

• Nice one @thai malaysia addick

thanks for organising.
  • Congrats to Red Chaser and thanks to Thai. 
    Don't forget, @eaststandmike, who won the Mickey Mouse Cup. :-)
  • Well done Red Chaser and unlucky bosseyed duck, That last minute Watford equaliser did you.

Thai, is Bosseyed duck the first to reach 2  Prediction ko finals?
  • Congratulations guys and thanks once again to @thai malaysia addick
    for his organising efforts 
  • edited April 2019

Sincere commiserations to @Bosseyedduck . I still can't believe I won snatching victory from the jaws of defeat! What a tense affair going right to the wire. Holding onto a 1-0 lead  after Saturday's matches, Bd had predicted a 2-1 win for Wolves which would have won the trophy with a 3 points to 1 victory. Listening to the game on the radio with Wolves winning 2-1 in added time, Watford were only awarded a pen and score to make it 2-2! Phew me thinks I've got out of jail there, thinking we'd have to replay and then it hit me, I'd actually won the cup as a draw at full time preserved my 1 point to 0 lead for victory! Get in there!

Just like the Addicks of late I played to my strengths once again @MrOneLung keeping it nice and tight at the back :wink: 

''Ee Aye Addio The Chaser's won the Cup'.  Really looking forward to the open top bus tour celebrations around town, civic reception and a few sherbets afterwards  :tongue: .

PS A massive thanks to @thai malaysia addick for the favourable draws he gave me throughout (cheque is in the post) and organising this annual comp once again.

Don't forget, @eaststandmike, who won the Mickey Mouse Cup. :-)
    Bollocks to him, I hope the tree falls into his drive now  :smile:
  • Big thanks to TMA for organising the event and keeping us informed with all the updates.

I hope the weather clears up as we have our open top bus parade tonight.  
  • I think I won.
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    I think I won.
    Erm...it was actually me who won the JP in 2017 :-)
    I beat @tommo 2-1....I'm already wiped from the history books before they've been written, unbelievable jeff!!
  • supaclive said:
    I think I won.
    I beat @tommo 2-1....I'm already wiped from the history books before they've been written, unbelievable jeff!!
    Rather than having the indignity of being sacked by @SaySomething. How could I forget your success? Your victory will, of course, be remembered for years to come.

P.S. I've just re-applied for the job of organiser and been re-appointed.
  • Feels a bit like the Carabao Cup this one, bit of early silverware
  • supaclive said:
    I think I won.

Ah yes, I didn't win the JPT I won the overall prediction league :-)

But not sure it was in 2017 but earlier?

@thaimalaysiaaddick

• I don't believe it's four years since I lost agonisingly in a replay to @Bosseyedduck. Sorry TMA, can't remember the replay score. But thanks for organising again.