Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Medicine/Tablets

Went to collect my months supply of tablets from chemist and was to told they  were out of stock,and should be in next day. I ask if it was to do with Brexit and was told yes. Any one else had problems with not getting their medicine.

Comments

• Derek1952 said:
    Went to collect my months supply of tablets from chemist and was to told they  were out of stock,and should be in next day. I ask if it was to do with Brexit and was told yes. Any one else had problems with not getting their medicine.
    Can't be due to Brexit because it ain't happened yet. I believe it's due on Friday night but they said that 2 weeks ago. 
  • Derek1952 said:
    Derek1952 said:

Brexit is the new cover all excuse .. snow on the track .. blame Brexit .. 'waiter .. there's a fly in my soup' .. 'sorry sir it's all to do with Brexit'

• Got some new Asthma inhalers without any issue last week
  • I seriously doubt that any stock issues are at this point Brexit related. 
  • wife is trying to get hold of a steroid cream, but none is available anywhere. Not sure the cause, could be manufacture-side. the Grauniad reckons there are some brexit issues https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/09/brexit-medicine-shortages-pharmacies-england

and the BBC yesterday said that epilepsy drugs ere in short supply - that was partly due to an issue manufacture-side.
  • Derek1952 said:
    Derek1952 said:

Brexit is the new cover all excuse .. snow on the track .. blame Brexit .. 'waiter .. there's a fly in my soup' .. 'sorry sir it's all to do with Brexit'

Still a poor second to blaming the EU for everything, surely? :D  
  • Working in the medical sector, the issues re supply are not directly caused by Brexit at present (as someone further up the thread points out, we’re still in the EU at the moment).

The issue is that there has been a higher demand on medication caused by stockpiling in advance of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit, so manufacturers are struggling to meet the demand which is causing delays in the supply chain. 
  • Derek1952 said:
    Derek1952 said:

'remainers' blame Brexit for everything, it's 'leavers' who blame the EU for everything
  • Sponsored links:

• but let's not stray into the verboten (good old EU term) area of politics which is now restricted to its own side bar
  • No. Not due to Brexit. A French drug manufacturer had a problem recently causing issues. Now resolved  
  • Derek1952 said:
    Derek1952 said:

'remainers' blame Brexit for everything, it's 'leavers' who blame the EU for everything
    The former has only been around for 3 years, the latter for 40... 

Radio silence now, as suggested.