Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That explosion noise, Dartford area at midnight..

In case you were wondering, it was an explosion, at littlebrook

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/midnight-demolition-set-for-power-station-201600/

Comments

• I live in Dartford and knew nothing about the demolition last night. My wife and I we asleep when this happened and it scared the living daylights out of us. It also started my dog barking and it took a while to calm him down again.
  • Heard it in West Thamesmead 
  • Demolition company don’t control the timing of the event.
  • Can't win with this sort of stuff, if they had to shut roads or disrupt traffic especially in somewhere like Dartford they would have been encouraged to work at night. Shit for anyone who doesn't know and is asleep but ultimately Dartford needs no encouragement to be a massive headache to road users and in turn the local and regional economy 

Did anyone else hear the huge bang of thunder in central London about 2ish on Wednesday? If it wasn't for seeing a flash of lightening about 5 seconds before you could be forgiven for thinking it was a bomb 
  • I properly jumped out of my skin as did everyone else I was working with 
  • Me.  I luckily saw the flash of lightening too but still jumped out of my seat.

• heard it in Abbey Wood
  • Heard it in Barnehurst loud and clear
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard it in Thamesmead and thought it was thunder.
  • Heard it in Welling, though wasn't too loud. Wondered for a moment if there was an intruder in a nearby garden.
  • I didn’t hear it.
  • I didn’t hear it.
    Not as loud as Krakatoa then?
  • Anyone hear the one at midnight last night? Scared the living daylights out of me. 
  • Nope
     :D 

The last of Littlebrook power station apparently.
  • From News Shopper.

The fifth controlled explosion to take place on the site, scheduled for 11:59pm on August 29, will aim to take down the power station's boiler house and supporting buildings.

The timing of the event will coincide with a short rolling road block on the Dartford Crossing so as not to distract drivers crossing the bridge.

The complete demolition of the site at Littlebrook is projected for completion in 2020 with further demolitions to be carried out later this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    All at midnight, each with a Thames flood warning at eleven, for your convenience . 
  • What's the reason for a midnight explosion?
  • iainment said:
    What's the reason for a midnight explosion?
    Timed fuses.
  • I can see the power station from my back garden and wasn't aware there was to be another demolition last night. I slept right through the explosion where as the others have all woken me up. 
  • edited August 2019
    iainment said:
    6 pints of Guinness and a vinderloo 
    This is a proper spit ya tea out moment 😂😂😂😂
  • _MrDick said:
    iainment said:
    6 pints of Guinness and a vinderloo 
    This is a proper spit ya tea out moment 😂😂😂😂

More like clear the toilet kind of stuff..
  • buckshee said:
    Nope

Not quite - the chimney is still standing - 3 tallest in Britain I believe
  • Lordflashheart said:
    buckshee said:
    Nope

Not quite - the chimney is still standing - 3 tallest in Britain I believe

When is the chimney coming down? and I suspect that'll be a daytime explosion?