Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What would you do...

...in the following circumstance? 

You're on a crowded train, on your way into London, in the morning.  Sitting opposite you is a woman, on the phone.  She is talking to her boss. You hear her say the following: "I am on my way in to work, but I am not feeling very well.  I think I might have picked up measles from my son.  I am going to get off the train at Charing Cross and get the first train home again". 

What would you do?

Comments

• Chizz said:

You're on a crowded train, on your way into London, in the morning.  Sitting opposite you is a woman, on the phone.  She is talking to her boss. You hear her say the following: "I am on my way in to work, but I am not feeling very well.  I think I might have picked up measles from my son.  I am going to get off the train at Charing Cross and get the first train home again". 

What would you do?
    Absolutely nothing
  • edited April 2019
    What can you do, burn the witch?
  • Is that how you diagnose measles? 
    Dr Mehmet 
  • Ask her why she made that call on the stopping train from Dartford before it had even got into Crayford.
  • Try and look up her skirt
    Wow . There’s no topping that answer ! 👏🏻
  • Wonder who's looking after her ill son?
  • Sponsored links:

• Make a note.

You never know when you need a good excuse, plus of course one that gives you 3 days minimum is absolute gold dust.

Suprised she actually got on the train, but perhaps has a suspicious boss and needed the sound effects. Like the style though.

Glandular fever is another good one by the way.
  • Chizz said:

What would you do?
    Suggest she gets off at London Bridge instead as its nearer? Followed by a long discussion about the station rebuild, and how inconvenient it was, going to Charlton matches during this time when they ran trains through non stop...
  • Some brilliant answers so far!
  • Throw away the rest of my pepperoni pizza.
  • This is the sort of thread I expect to see in the close season, not when there’s still some of the season left to play 
  • cabbles said:
    This is the sort of thread I expect to see in the close season, not when there’s still some of the season left to play 
    I'll bump it in June for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Shoot the anti-vaxer bitch
  • I wouldn't make a rash reaction to that spot.
  • Swisdom said:
    I’d get as far away from her. Might not be measles - it could be bad aids
    That would be ok then. You can’t catch bad aids twice. 
  • Advise her not to get the first train from Charing Cross as it might go down another line and make it difficult to get home
  • I would ignore it, it’s none of my business!
  • I'd stop listening to peoples private conversations if it made me want to share such futile information with others. 
  • So... 

What prompted me to open this thread is that this scenario was something I heard on the radio yesterday.  And I didn't think anything of it.  I imagined that, if it happened to me, I would completely ignore it.  

The programme then went on to discuss anti-vaxers and the increase in measles infection across the UK and, in particular, in Kent.  And at that point, it dawned on me that the scenario is actually about someone with a dangerous, infectious disease, in public; but someone who has obviously not vaccinated her kids.  

I think that would be a dangerous and selfish thing to do.  But, as I have had the MMR jab, it wouldn't effect me personally.  The question is - would anyone want to intervene and put her right? (I guess not).  Or would anyone take any steps to make others safer?