Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon Help

Hi all,

A little advice please....

My little cousin has started her own business, selling on Amazon. I would like to place an order, but do not want it known it's me!
I'm guessing that she'll get a notification from Amazon regarding the sale with enough info to give the game away - billing / delivery address etc?

So I guess my question is, to any Amazon sellers out there.....how much info about the buyers do you see?

Thanks

Comments

• Lol.

Busted 
  • Get a friend (unknown to her) to order it on your behalf.
  • edited April 2019

Now all I need is a friend!

Yeah prob easiest all round

If you're into butt plugs mate, you can always make friends...
  • Is that an application @soapy_jones ?
  • Why not get it delivered to an amazon locker?
  • kigelia said:
    Why not get it delivered to an amazon locker?
    Was the plan, but didn't know whether she'd see home/billing address, email or account name
  • How much is she selling them for (asking for a friend)?
  • How much is she selling them for (asking for a friend)?
    £9.99...................................according to a mate of mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• From memory I'm pretty sure they don't show email because they want to keep that data for themselves. Not sure on billing address.

The seller can obviously see all shipping details
  • edited April 2019
    Is that an application @soapy_jones ?

https://www.bigfatbuttplugs.com

Just saying dude.
  • Even if you use a different name and address, if it's from your a/c she'll get your 'phone No. so you do need to get a friend to order it or set up a new account with a friend's name and address and don't enter a 'phone No.
  • Send me your account details, I'll get it for you.
  • Send me your account details, I'll get it for you.
    Mother's maiden name too?!
  • I realise this is late but I know the answer to this question. She will get your address because she needs to be able to post you the item... even if she is using FBA to handle the item then she would still have your order details/address AFAIK - I haven't checked in a few years but I suspect that information is still available to her.

She won't get your email address - any communication between buyers and sellers is through the amazon messaging system and your addresses are masked, they say its for protection of both parties and thats partly true but also because they don't want you communicating outside of Amazons system and taking orders outside of Amazon.
  • el-pietro said:
    I realise this is late but I know the answer to this question. She will get your address because she needs to be able to post you the item... even if she is using FBA to handle the item then she would still have your order details/address AFAIK - I haven't checked in a few years but I suspect that information is still available to her.

She won't get your email address - any communication between buyers and sellers is through the amazon messaging system and your addresses are masked, they say its for protection of both parties and thats partly true but also because they don't want you communicating outside of Amazons system and taking orders outside of Amazon.
    This is very true, but they give me my customer's 'phone No. (because a lot of courier companies insist on one) so it's pretty pointless, and I also make sure I include my contact details in with the order.
  • el-pietro said:
    I realise this is late but I know the answer to this question. She will get your address because she needs to be able to post you the item... even if she is using FBA to handle the item then she would still have your order details/address AFAIK - I haven't checked in a few years but I suspect that information is still available to her.

This is very true, but they give me my customer's 'phone No. (because a lot of courier companies insist on one) so it's pretty pointless, and I also make sure I include my contact details in with the order.
    Technically they could ban/suspend you from the platform for that - its against the terms of service, but in practice almost all sellers include some advertising material in their packaging and its rarely followed through on.