Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hackett-Fairchild joins Bromley on loan

Academy graduate Reeco Hackett-Fairchild has joined Vanarama National League side Bromley on loan until April 6th.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c8789519a02d/hackett-fairchild-joins-bromley-on-loan

Comments

• He needed a loan but slightly surprised at the timing. I guess Bowyer sees him as expendable at the moment, and I assume there is a recall clause
  • should be good for him if he can get a run of games under his belt and a few goals.
  • See the next premier league stars at Bromley.

Reeco not kicked on as he should have and may struggle to get a new contract but Bromley a decent club to get some game time v men.

Wish him well and hope he does what Grant did at Crawley
  • See the next premier league stars at Bromley.

Reeco not kicked on as he should have and may struggle to get a new contract but Bromley a decent club to get some game time v men.

Are you disowning your lovechild Henry?
  • April 6th! Not even a calendar month.
    How many fixtures will that involve, 3?
    I suppose it's better than nothing, but let's hope it is more than a couple of 10 minute sub appearances.
  • Swisdom said:
    See the next premier league stars at Bromley.

Reeco's a vegan so the fatted calf won't work  ;)
  • Swisdom said:

He only sanctioned the move because it’s to Bromley.
  • Swisdom said:

Think you'll find I only ever gave him positive reinforcement but some people with sick minds and no sense of humour could only see sinister motives and so derided a young Charlton player when he needed his confidence boosting.
    LenGlover said:
    Swisdom said:

Reeco's a vegan so the fatted calf won't work  ;)
    That's Parker.
  • I think it says a lot about his future, out of contract in the summer, 1 of only 4 strikers at the club, yet still allowed to leave on loan. Doubt he will be here next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I think it says a lot about his future, out of contract in the summer, 1 of only 4 strikers at the club, yet still allowed to leave on loan. Doubt he will be here next season. 
    I guess there might be a recall?
  • All the best Reeco.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think it says a lot about his future, out of contract in the summer, 1 of only 4 strikers at the club, yet still allowed to leave on loan. Doubt he will be here next season. 
    Yeah this. Apart from a half against...someone, I can't remember which team, he's looked out of his depth at this level. Ideally, we would have gotten in another striker in January and he would have been able to go out on loan for the entire second half of the season (though I don't know it would have been to a League Two club). 

Because it's non-league I'm sure there is a recall clause. But given we've played 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 in the last few weeks, I'd have him behind Parker, Reeves, Fosu, Marshall, Lapslie, Pratley from Saturday's team. Also worth remembering Mark Marshall started up front ahead of him which...is not a good sign. 
  • Going the same way as Ansah :wink:
  • April 6th! Not even a calendar month.
    How many fixtures will that involve, 3?
    I suppose it's better than nothing, but let's hope it is more than a couple of 10 minute sub appearances.
    Five, max.  Although that includes some interesting opponents, including Aldershot, Leyton Orient and Salford City. 
  • In Lee Bowyer's mind, so far he doesn't feel RHF is ready for League 1 football. The competitive National League against 30 year old CB's that make Jason Pearce seem like Rio Ferdinand. This level of football will do Reeco a power of good.
  • In Lee Bowyer's mind, so far he doesn't feel RHF is ready for League 1 football. The competitive National League against 30 year old CB's that make Jason Pearce seem like Rio Ferdinand. This level of football will do Reeco a power of good.
    And if he released in the summer, that might be where his next club will be...
  • A certain Mr Roger Johnson, now at Bromley, will be able to put him right
  • Starting tonight
  • Reeecosubbed in the 67th minute.

Earlier, our other player on loan at Bromley, Sarpong-Wiredup came on as a 63rd minute sub.

• Sponsored links:

• Ro Jo scored for Bromley I see
  • Started tonight but was pretty anonymous. Got taken off mid second half but didn't impress. Guess it's hard when you don't know your team mates. Hopefully will improve. Other loanee sarpong weirdo came on as second half sub and I thought he scored but credited to Hooper. As someone said, former Charlton legend Roger Johnson scored the first but it wasn't a classic.
  • It's a sensible move but presumably he's got to do enough to warrant a regular starting place at Bromley. I've seen plenty of football league loanee strikers at Hendon, who think they are entitled to regular starts but in reality are only good for the last 10 mins of a game. That said, I've seen enough of RHF to think he will do ok.

I also like Sarpong and would be interested to know how he's doing.

• Good to see former Charlton legend Chris Dickson get a mention in that article.
  • drewman said:
    Good to see former Charlton legend Chris Dickson get a mention in that article.

Dickson is doing really well for Hampton. Without him they'd be relegation certs.
  • Was in Paphos until last week and was going to watch his old club but was told they are rubbish since he left. Swerved it and they lost 0-1 at home.
  • Danny Uchechi there as well and possibly Mambo off pitch.
  • He seems to have found his level