Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking ticket today!

Got one today I’m Eastmoor Street along with others. Been parking there since early 2000’s and never had one there. Maybe the borough are down on their numbers for March as it’s the last day. Anyone else get one there today? 

Comments

• Yep, parked there since the pre Selhurst days when my mate lived opposite, never had a ticket before. Council out to up their income appointed loads of agency wardens I heard.
  • Eastmore Street is outside the parking zone areas so be interested what the reason for issuing tickets.
  • Yep, parked there since the pre Selhurst days when my mate lived opposite, never had a ticket before. Council out to up their income appointed loads of agency wardens I heard.
    Get it on social media, try and embarrass the tossers. 
  • Stealth tax
  • Whatever you do, don't pay it.
  • Ask Roland I am sure he will happily pay it for you, I mean you got it supporting his team
  • I was parked there but further down, was surprised to see all the tickets, have parked there since back at the valley and never seen cars ticketed before.
  • Don't understand. We're you wrongly ticketed then??  Or have just been getting away with it all these years  ??  On yellows lines or not parked in designated bay  ??
  • Is everyone paying this ?  Got a ticket but have now lost it .
  • Sponsored links:

• Can only suggest you query it with the council. Were there no street signs regarding parking? If not then I would say it is illegal to issue a parking ticket.
  • As Golfie said, were you guys illegally parked or not ?
  • I think the restriction is 2 hours, it is in some of the other roads in that vicinity. Like everyone else has said. I've always used a road nearby and never had a ticket nor seen them given 
  • Normal park up the top but was later today so parked further down. Was shocked to see all the tickets been parking there for 5 odd years never seen a ticket. 
  • It's not in the controlled zone, but the cars that got tickets were on the yellow line and some I expect half on the pavement. The parking there states the lines are in operation Mon - Sat 8am to 6:30pm.

sadly seems a legal ticket, harsh though as many, like me, have parked in that street for years,
  • I have parked there about 600 times at a guess and never seen a ticket issued. It’s true the yellow line and mon sat 8.30-6.00 (which today is the first time I’ve actually seen the signs) but it’s turned a blind eye too. With it being the last working day to issue tickets I just think there figures are down and revenue is needed. 
  • Maybe its cos I dont drive, but I dont get people moaning.

Its illegal to park there, you have been lucky and got away with it hundreds of times before and its finally come to bite you, suck it up pay it and park elsewhere next time
  • Maybe its cos I dont drive, but I dont get people moaning.

Its illegal to park there, you have been lucky and got away with it hundreds of times before and its finally come to bite you, suck it up pay it and park elsewhere next time
    Thank you for your kind words!
  • Sponsored links:

• So you were parked on a restricted yellow line that is controlled until 6.30 pm. Bank yo rights me thinks. May be the yellow lines / restriction has only just come into force seeing as you & many others have been parking there for years without trouble. 

I have only parked around there a few times in the past & not seen any restrictions.
  • My point is that having parked there for so many years then suddenly to get a ticket when officially we should have got one every time seems strange. And it’s usually crammed parking too so not an unusual place to park even with a yellow line there. 
  • Curb_It said:
    So so golf addick when you were crying on here the other month about being locked in. You are now saying bang to rights to others when people were being quite sympathetic to you.

You are quite rude. 
    I don't remember anyone being sympathetic to me at all.....quite the opposite. Most people replying that evening were laughing at my predicament. 
  • chappers said:
    My point is that having parked there for so many years then suddenly to get a ticket when officially we should have got one every time seems strange. And it’s usually crammed parking too so not an unusual place to park even with a yellow line there. 
    Probably a bit like what happened to us last month. Council most likely have now deemed there to be a restriction until 6.30pm, put up the relevant notices (in my case just a couple of small notices pinned to the car park gates) & then took action. 
  • Curb_It said:
    So so golf addick when you were crying on here the other month about being locked in. You are now saying bang to rights to others when people were being quite sympathetic to you.

You are quite rude. 
    You should see what he’s been saying about Karlan Grant .....
  • I’ve not driven up for a while but we are tomorrow. Usually park around Troughton rd/ Rathmore road. What’s that like for tickets these days?

if not there then where’s best to park on the west side?
  • I’ve not driven up for a while but we are tomorrow. Usually park around Troughton rd/ Rathmore road. What’s that like for tickets these days?

So you want people to tell you where best to park. It would only last one game.
  • Acab said:
    I’ve not driven up for a while but we are tomorrow. Usually park around Troughton rd/ Rathmore road. What’s that like for tickets these days?

So you want people to tell you where best to park. It would only last one game.
    This is something I have learned to keep my mouth shut about! Find a regular spot, keep schtum until comrades turn to drive and I dont fancy a massive walk uphill
  • The simple solution, get to the ground early and the more spaces will be available. Leave it late and you just have to make do. A bit like finding a seat at an away game.