Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys Of Summer 2019

Alright lads, as of today, Opening Day for the 2019 MLB season is just 3 short weeks away!! 2018 saw the almost unbeatable Red Sox win their 9th World Series title in franchise title after beating those (word banned from the site) from Los Angeles. It will be tough for the Red Sox to top their 108 win season from last year but they still remain a powerhouse in the AL East. Teams have improved vastly over the offseason and teams I would have written off by May last year now look like genuine contenders. This season is shaping up to be as exciting a campaign as I can remember with big name players cashing into big money contracts with new teams. Will they make instant impacts with their new teams? We'll have that answer in just over a month!!

Some new found competition has taken shape in a couple of the divisions which has really shaken up how the standings look come the end of the year. The Reds for as long as I can remember have been unequivocally shit. Playing in one of America's most hitter friendly ballparks and having subpar pitching is never gonna get you very far. So what did they do? They went out and got Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, two hitters that will thrive in their new home ballpark. Add that to an already talented lineup with Joey Votto and Eugenio Suarez, and you have a recipe for runs. If their young pitchers including Sonny Gray and Brandon Finnegan have good years, then the Reds could be a force to be reckoned with in an already extremely talented and competitive NL Central. I'm praying to God that my Brewers can repeat as champs but we will have our work cut out for us.

In conclusion, two of my least favorite players in baseball have finally signed huge deals with their new respective clubs. Manny (word banned from the site Machado has signed for the San Diego Padres for a 10 year $300 million dollar contract. After being linked with the likes of the Yankees and Phillies all winter, it was suprising to see Machado stay on the West Coast, especially going to a team with perhaps the least hitter friendly ballpark in Baseball. The Padres are already First Baseman Eric Hosmer big money so its obvious that the Padres are in win NOW mode. When you share a division with the likes of Clayton Kershaw, Nolan Arenado, and Zack Grienke and you haven't done shit to upgrade your pitching staff, you are still going to be awful.

And just last week, Bryce Harper finally got the big contract he wanted, signing a 13 year, $330 million dollar contract with the Philadelphia Phillies. Money talks in baseball, and this is a similar story to the Padres. While Harper is a serious upgrade to the Philly outfield, the pitching staff remains suspect aside from Aaron Nola, so it will be a few years before Bryce Harper shows he was really worth the money.

I'm super excited to say that I'll be fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine by attending Opening Day for the Brewers as we take on the Cardinals! I've also snagged tickets to a Brewers-Cubs game at Wrigley Field which was another dream of mine! I'll be in Ohio all summer so I had to get my baseball fix as early as I could!

Disagree entirely with those viewpoints on Machado and Harper? Have a bold prediction for 2019? What are you most excited for this MLB season? 

3 more weeks lads! Get pumped!

Comments

• I'm super excited to say that I'll be fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine by attending Opening Day for the Brewers as we take on the Cardinals!

I can see why seeing the Cardinals is a life long ambition.

Another year of "rebuilding" for Cards I fear.
  • I'm super excited to say that I'll be fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine by attending Opening Day for the Brewers as we take on the Cardinals!

I can see why seeing the Cardinals is a life long ambition.

Another year of "rebuilding" for Cards I fear.
    Adding Paul Goldschmidt to an already impressive lineup will help them compete. You can never seem to count the bastards out
  • edited March 2019
    The new season gets underway in just under 12 hours... opening day looks like this:

Orioles @ Yankees
    Mets @ Nationals
    Cardinals @ Brewers
    Braves @ Phillies
    Tigers @ Blue Jays
    Astros @ Rays
    Cubs @ Rangers
    Angels @ Athletics
    Pirates @ Reds
    Diamondbacks @ Dodgers
    Rockies @ Marlins
    Indians @ Twins
    Giants @ Padres
    White Sox @ Royals
    Red Sox @ Mariners
  • Off to Mets at Nats on Saturday. Looking forward to it!
    Will be Ladyromford and young Princessromford’s first game.  :)

Super jealous - let’s go mets. Best division in baseball this one.  I’ve got my beer and popcorn ready for 5pm. 
  • looks like the giants are already looking to finish dead last!

• Hard life being a DBacks fan, lost Goldy and lots of meh players in the lineup this season
  • sam3110 said:
    Hard life being a DBacks fan, lost Goldy and lots of meh players in the lineup this season
    I think you signed Wilmer Flores 
  • I don't think I quite realised what a slog I'm in for by adopting the Texas Rangers as my team. Sounds like a mediocre year ahead and the start of a very long rebuild. No glory hunting here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Heading to Miller Park today for Cardinals vs Brewers. My first opening day and couldnt be more excited!
  • Being a Mets fan, I’m not anticipating a desperate hunt for World Series tickets. 
  • Looking forward to seeing the Sox in London in June.. anyone else going?

I tried to get tickets but had no luck and they are a rip off on resale sites, hoping to get some in the next batch of tickets to be released next month
  • Electric atmosphere at Miller Park today! 3 hits so far, all home runs
  • edited March 2019
    Orioles at Yankees on BT Sport now
  • Wow what a day! 6 home runs in my game and a home run saving catch to end it!
  • Rossman92 said:
    Wow what a day! 6 home runs in my game and a home run saving catch to end it!
    More importantly, did you buy the winning Poweball ticket. Sold in the Milwaukee suburbs. 
    I'll be there, my first live MLB game

Mate that's brilliant news! Hope you have so much fun. 

Was in a meeting so frustrating yesterday that I broke down and bought an MLB Network pass for all White Sox games this season. I really needed a distraction. It's...a decision I may come to regret. So it goes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:
    Brew Crew going to be good this year as well. Or at least fun to watch. Are you based in Milwaukee Rossman? Didn't realize that. 
    I'll be there with a few others. Only two of our group have any idea about baseball, and I'm not one of them. Looking forward to it. 
  • I don't think I quite realised what a slog I'm in for by adopting the Texas Rangers as my team. Sounds like a mediocre year ahead and the start of a very long rebuild. No glory hunting here!
    Yeah it's going to be a tough one. Going on your avi, it could be worse, you could have taken the Orioles, who are going to be absolutely awful. 
  • SDAddick said:
    I don't think I quite realised what a slog I'm in for by adopting the Texas Rangers as my team. Sounds like a mediocre year ahead and the start of a very long rebuild. No glory hunting here!
    Yeah it's going to be a tough one. Going on your avi, it could be worse, you could have taken the Orioles, who are going to be absolutely awful. 
    I almost went for Baltimore as well to be consistent but I love the south so wanted a southern team.

On a separate note, is there a YouTube channel and/or podcast that anyone would recommend for snapshots each week?
  • Rossman92 said:
    More importantly, did you buy the winning Poweball ticket. Sold in the Milwaukee suburbs. 
    Nope, drove right past the store that sold it on the way home. Knew I shoulda bought one Tuesday
  • SDAddick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Brew Crew going to be good this year as well. Or at least fun to watch. Are you based in Milwaukee Rossman? Didn't realize that. 
    Hometown is Beloit, about an hour away. I make the trip to Miller at least twice a year
  • SDAddick said:
    Off to Mets at Nats on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Mate that's brilliant news! Hope you have so much fun. 

Was in a meeting so frustrating yesterday that I broke down and bought an MLB Network pass for all White Sox games this season. I really needed a distraction. It's...a decision I may come to regret. So it goes. 
    I’ve got my Mlb pass. So frustrated it was delayed 2 hours.  Hopefully a better season for us this year. I’m hoping for a winning season. What’s your prediction SD Addick on how we will do this year ? 
    I'll be there with a few others. Only two of our group have any idea about baseball, and I'm not one of them. Looking forward to it. 
    Will be there on the Saturday. Looking to pick Sunday tickets up in the next sale. If anyone sees a bearded guy wearing a red Betts Jersey feel free to say hello. 
  • SDAddick said:
    I don't think I quite realised what a slog I'm in for by adopting the Texas Rangers as my team. Sounds like a mediocre year ahead and the start of a very long rebuild. No glory hunting here!
    I almost went for Baltimore as well to be consistent but I love the south so wanted a southern team.

On a separate note, is there a YouTube channel and/or podcast that anyone would recommend for snapshots each week?
    MLB has extensive video every day.
  • Cards now 1and 1 after hitting three homers.